IT.COM

NameSilo is now charging $13.95 for a .COM

NameSilo
Watch

dncafe

I Buy WebsitesTop Member
Impact
I like NameSilo, but I'm going to have to start using another registrar.

What registrar has good prices (and renewal) with free privacy. NameCheaps private whois is poorly managed and I won't be using them.

EDIT:

It looks like you can get .com domains for $11.95 if you deposit money and use Account Funds to buy domains. Price is still too high though

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For us living in EU that price exceeds $17

afaik, SAV has all that you ask but their UI and support is on the 'meh' side. Next comes Porkbun and after that, Dynadot.

•••
Spaceship is the best option. They are rapidly adding new features. They have already added bulk name server changes and sorting by expiration date. I changed name servers yesterday and their system quickly showed me exactly where the change propagated worldwide in real time.

•••
For us living in EU that price exceeds $17

afaik, SAV has all that you ask but their UI and support is on the 'meh' side. Next comes Porkbun and after that, Dynadot.

$17 is really high. At least you don't have the $5 carbon tax added on to it yet

I would never use SAV, that site has the worst usability of any modern day registrar.

•••
namesilo was my favorite registrar for so many years but 13.95 is a bit too much.

•••
Spaceship is the best option. They are rapidly adding new features. They have already added bulk name server changes and sorting by expiration date. I changed name servers yesterday and their system quickly showed me exactly where the change propagated worldwide in real time.

This looks interesting. I'm not a fan of NameCheap (owner of SpaceShip), but the prices are low for right now and the general site usability seems good as well, along with free privacy.

•••
it's amazing how ui is personal thing. I find sav to be the best ui anywhere now or that I ever saw in 8 years and some 20 registrars.

•••
yea its mentioned.on my wild west thread... they say if u preload they have less fees...but .. still they cant get out of fact that magically others can afford better deals without preload and all that bs... either way how namesilo is going at 14usd now..couple more com price hikes from main office and namesilo gonna be 1st to break 20usd per com .. of course by that time they will be packing and going vacacton honollu cause zero clients ain't gonna be a registrar no more

•••
This looks interesting. I'm not a fan of NameCheap (owner of SpaceShip), but the prices are low for right now and the general site usability seems good as well, along with free privacy.

spaceship look bad on trustpilot
plus the top prices spots on domprices list spacesihip is only like 1 name promo to reel u in.. but...decent renewals... their ui sucks.......
... then again compared to sav every ui is bad joke... sav support stinks l luckily they are past most of their many past bugs.... sav prices average all around to probably best of all or top 3...good enuff for me to consolidate 99percent there..

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back