NameSilo

Namesilo has joined Afternic

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Joe Styler

Domain Academy - Senior Marketing Manager GoDaddyTop Member
GoDaddy Staff
Impact
I wanted to let everyone know we are happy to announce that Namesilo has joined Afternic which means that if you have domains registered at Namesilo you can now sell them through the Afternic's network. This is good news because it means you can be part of the largest sales distribution network where your names will show up listed for sale on GoDaddy, and many other companies. You can list/manage in one place and have them for sale all over the world. I know many people on Namepros have domains with Namesilo so I hope you are able to take advantage of this new development to sell more domains. If you have any questions let me know.

If you have questions about Afternic we did a video on Youtube that explains it well,

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi Everyone. Just wanted to let you know we are watching this thread and are standing by in case we can be of any assistance helping to get these issues resolved. Please email [email protected] with any account/domain-specific questions and we'll be happy to take a look or reach out to Afternic if that is helpful.

•••
@Joe Styler - When I asked Afternic to trigger their system to send out opt-in emails, they only gave me two options:

a) If your domain(s) is eligible and you have checked the admin email address listed on the whois database for your domain, please reply back with the domain(s) that you are trying to Opt In and we would be happy to resend it.

b) Alternatively, you can export your portfolio from the "add domains" page, change the "listing status" to "3", and then reupload your portfolio. A listing status of "3" indicates it will be put into Fast Transfer if eligible.

Both of these options would require me to manually cross-check more recently transferred in names with their current status at Afternic, and create a list/edit an excel file to indicate which names are eligible for fast-transfer, and then submit this to Afternic. Is there no way for the Afternic system to check this automatically and send out the emails accordingly?

•••
Last one I added on Afternic was maybe 80 days ago, finally got it listed as premium.

Just checking, when you list these at Afternic are you taking the extra step of initiating premium listings there? I can't face doing that now if it creates an email a day and who knows if I'll remember to do it 60 days later.
What do you mean by “extra step of initiating premium listings there"? Setting up an Afternic listing that fulfils all eligibility criteria automatically initiates the premium listing process. To my knowledge at least, there is no extra step to take besides creating a listing that fulfils the following criteria:
  • .com, .net, .biz, .org, .pw and .info TLDs only
  • Listed domains must have a Buy Now price
  • Buy Now price must be below $25,000
  • Registered for 60 days or longer with the current registrar and cannot be under a 60-day lock for any reason.
  • Registration must not be within 30 days of expiration
  • Registered with a Premium Network Partner

•••
@Joe Styler - When I asked Afternic to trigger their system to send out opt-in emails, they only gave me two options:

a) If your domain(s) is eligible and you have checked the admin email address listed on the whois database for your domain, please reply back with the domain(s) that you are trying to Opt In and we would be happy to resend it.

b) Alternatively, you can export your portfolio from the "add domains" page, change the "listing status" to "3", and then reupload your portfolio. A listing status of "3" indicates it will be put into Fast Transfer if eligible.

Both of these options would require me to manually cross-check more recently transferred in names with their current status at Afternic, and create a list/edit an excel file to indicate which names are eligible for fast-transfer, and then submit this to Afternic. Is there no way for the Afternic system to check this automatically and send out the emails accordingly?
The system tried automatically to list your names in order to give you the best chance of selling them, which means if they have the ability to be listed as a premium they will be, but you can deny that via email or ignore the email opt in notice from our registrar or change the settings on a domain (remove BIN pricing) etc. If you want to re-initiate the checks in order to make sure your names are listed as premium if eligible and do not want to do it manually you can PM me and I will put you in touch with someone who can assist you in doing it in bulk.

•••
What do you mean by “extra step of initiating premium listings there"? Setting up an Afternic listing that fulfils all eligibility criteria automatically initiates the premium listing process.

Hi you are right, sorry for the confusion I created. I was thinking of what happens when you have a domain already listed there that is eligible but not enabled for fast-transfer because it does not have fixed price. In that case you have to take the step of setting a fixed price in the accepted price range.

I find Afternic very user-unfriendly and only list a few names there, and I regularly go in circles trying to log in there. It's too bad because the reach of the listings is great.

•••
Hi you are right, sorry for the confusion I created. I was thinking of what happens when you have a domain already listed there that is eligible but not enabled for fast-transfer because it does not have fixed price. In that case you have to take the step of setting a fixed price in the accepted price range.

I find Afternic very user-unfriendly and only list a few names there, and I regularly go in circles trying to log in there. It's too bad because the reach of the listings is great.
I fully agree, but their network is so incredibly effective that it's certainly worth wrestling with their system, even though it can be really frustrating at times. More than 60% of my sales come from the Afternic network, and I wouldn't be surprised if my sell-through was cut in half without it.

•••
We have just added Afternic status (Yes/No to indicate opted in or not) to the CSV file export on the top of the Domain Manager page. We'll get something more integrated with the UI before too long which will also support SedoMLS status.

I'm glad this was implemented, however I'm curious: has there been any further news regarding viewing Afternic or Sedo MLS status from within the Namesilo account interface? If it is currently possible, can someone show me how? I've looked, but so far downloading the CSV file has been the only way to confirm.

One reason I ask is because I see Afternic status as Yes for a couple of my domains in the CSV output yet on my Afternic dashboard, there's still a message showing Fast Transfer Status as "No. Opt-in required." (the following two screenshots are for the domain in question).

Yes or No.png

namesilo export.png

Thanks in advance to whoever is able to shed a little more light on this.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back