NameSilo

Namesilo deactivated my account

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

maya-zir

Top Member
Impact
Namesilo deactivated my account with all my domains. The problem is I never receive their emails and they knew about this issue since 2019 but they never tried to fix it.

26.05.2023 I paid Namesilo for 3 domain name transfer from another registrar, but they never were able to send me an email to continue the transfer, and live chat support denied helping me.

I don't get emails from them, so, I opened a PayPal dispute (one week later) where I clearly stated the reason for the dispute hoping Namesilo will read and solve the problem, but they just refunded me 3 minutes after the dispute was created. They even didn't try to solve the problem or respond in PayPal chat.

Please note the dispute resulted in your NameSilo account being locked which will be removed once the dispute is closed.

They deserved the dispute, but even with a dispute they could just respond to me via PayPal chat and offered to help with the transfer. But they preferred to refund and then in revenge deactivate my account with all my 70+ domains.

Now they deactivated my account with all my domains and want me to "cancel the dispute" which was already closed after they choose to refund instead to respond my complaint and try to solve the issue.

I don't understand what they want from me now - tell PayPal I am a scammer who opened a dispute for fun? What a shame of the registrar!

I am (was) their client since 2015.

PS: Finally, they told, "Your case has been assigned to our Accounts Team, they will check this case and the details provided". I have no idea what they are going to investigate, but my account is deactivated right now and I have no access to my domains and even have no idea if I still have them....

I remind the dispute was not related to a new registration.
I paid for 3 domains I had on GoDaddy and wanted to transfer them to Namesilo.
But Namesilo was unable to add them to my account.
I paid for the service I never got.
Namesilo could respond to me on PayPal and offer to help, in this case the dispute would be closed.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Namesilo has neither shame nor conscience.
This is their answer:

Chargebacks are akin to fraud and a serious violation of our terms of service. Instead of opening a dispute, you should have contacted the merchant (NameSilo) requesting a refund for your order.
Did you attempt to contact us regarding this issue?

So, a chargeback is a term violation, but ignoring the client's complaints and denying to help and then in revenge denying access to my virtual property is not a law violation??

I filed a complaint to ICANN.

Still have no access to all my 78 domains.
Namesilo did it in revenge, just because I created a PayPal dispute (not related to my domain portfolio), which they could friendly solve, they only had to respond to the dispute and offer help.
I just wanted to transfer 3 domains from GoDaddy to Namesilo.

Last edited:
•••
This is pretty harsh. You have always been pro member, who needs a pro badge to be a pro except monster
Why didnt you change your email in last 4 years?
@namesilo this seems extreme and since its public discussion come and explain.

•••
@MasterOfMyDomains

My Hotmail is Ok, and I even manually added Namesilo to my whitelist, but I still don't get emails from them.

Anyway... the problem is NOT the communication issue, but the fact they deactivated my Namesilo account with my 78 domains just in revenge.
Just because I opened a PayPal dispute (not related to my portfolio).

This is against PayPal rules and I want to see what will say tomorrow PayPal about Namesilo who blackmails their clients for creating a dispute on PayPal.
The dispute was not even escalated to PayPal, it was a simple dispute with a clearly stated reason.
Namesilo refunded 3-5 mins after I created the dispute, they even didn't try to respond to my dispute.

My 78 domain names are my virtual property which is not accessible to me.
And I even don't clearly understand if I still own all my domains.

Even if you have a problem receiving emails from NameSilo, which is not an issue caused by us (you can work with your email provider to whistelist our support email, as we have plenty of customers and they are not complaining about such an issue), you still have at least one channel you can use to ask for a refund, which is our live chat service. Instead, you decided to go around the merchant and open a dispute at PayPal, which is a clear violation of our terms of service, which you can read here: https://www.namesilo.com/support/v2/articles/general-terms/terms-and-conditions

This account will remain suspended until the dispute is closed.
I even don't understand what they want from me now, the dispute is closed by Namesilo after they choose to refund.

So, they stole my 78 domains because of.. what?

By the way, the day I created a dispute, I also left a message to @namesilo

Screenshot 2023-06-26 at 22-57-10 Account Access.png

Last edited:
•••
This is pretty harsh. You have always been pro member, who needs a pro badge to be a pro except monster
Why didnt you change your email in last 4 years?
@namesilo this seems extreme and since its public discussion come and explain.
Dont forget their CEO @Kristaps @ NameSilo

Go the full 9 yards. Good luck!

Last edited:
•••
I
Namesilo deactivated my account with all my domains. The problem is I never receive their emails and they knew about this issue since 2019 but they never tried to fix it.

26.05.2023 I paid Namesilo for 3 domain name transfer from another registrar, but they never were able to send me an email to continue the transfer, and live chat support denied helping me.

I don't get emails from them, so, I opened a PayPal dispute (one week later) where I clearly stated the reason for the dispute hoping Namesilo will read and solve the problem, but they just refunded me 3 minutes after the dispute was created. They even didn't try to solve the problem or respond in PayPal chat.

They deserved the dispute, but even with a dispute they could just respond to me via PayPal chat and offered to help with the transfer. But they preferred to refund and then in revenge deactivate my account with all my 70+ domains.

Now they deactivated my account with all my domains and want me to "cancel the dispute" which was already closed after they choose to refund instead to respond my complaint and try to solve the issue.

I don't understand what they want from me now - tell PayPal I am a scammer who opened a dispute for fun? What a shame of the registrar!

I am (was) their client since 2015.

PS: Finally, they told, "Your case has been assigned to our Accounts Team, they will check this case and the details provided". I have no idea what they are going to investigate, but my account is deactivated right now and I have no access to my domains and even have no idea if I still have them....

I remind the dispute was not related to a new registration.
I paid for 3 domains I had on GoDaddy and wanted to transfer them to Namesilo.
But Namesilo was unable to add them to my account.
I paid for the service I never got.
Namesilo could respond to me on PayPal and offer to help, in this case the dispute would be closed.
Its a shame you took an adversarial approach I mean who says it was their fault about the transfers and not the other registrar?

When you take an adversarial approach you should expect an adversarial response. Their policy is probably to issue this type of refund as a store credit.

That aside, they are probably within their rights cancelling your account if the terms of service mention chargebacks BUT they absolutely must at the minimum give you auth codes for your domains and unlock so you can transfer out.

Also you can’t blame them for your email issues. Letting it go for 4 years not a good idea.

Last edited:
•••
@karmaco
Its a shame you took an adversarial approach I mean who says it was their fault about the transfers and not the other registrar?

When you take an adversarial approach you should expect an adversarial response. Their policy is probably to issue this type of refund as a store credit.

That aside, they are probably within their rights cancelling your account if the terms of service mention chargebacks BUT they absolutely must at the minimum give you auth codes for your domains and unlock so you can transfer out.

Also you can’t blame them for your email issues. Letting it go for 4 years not a good idea.

I didn't get any help from their live chat.
PayPal dispute is a part of PayPal rules and being a PayPal client, Namesilo must respect PayPal rules.
Why I can't create a dispute if I don't get any help?
Did I blame Namesilo for charging me without my permission?
No, I just indicated the reason:

Screenshot 2023-06-26 at 23-23-31 Centro de resoluciones.png

The dispute was very clear, I stated the problem, and Namesilo could just solve it.
Anyway, the dispute is already closed and it was closed by Namesilo 3-5 mins after I created it.
What do they want from me now to close?

Finally, I just wanted to transfer 3 domains to Namesilo.
My portfolio is my property which was blocked by Namesilo against all rules and laws.

I canceled the transfer and opened a dispute because I had no other option to request a refund for something I couldn't get and had to cancel.
Anyway, I don't even have to explain why I created a dispute, it is my right to request a refund via the PayPal platform. I am not sure Namesilo refund politics is legal, I think it is against the PayPal rules.

Last edited:
•••
"Chargebacks are akin to fraud and a serious violation of our terms of service. Instead of opening a dispute, you should have contacted the merchant (NameSilo) requesting a refund for your order.
Did you attempt to contact us regarding this issue?"

So did you contact them beforehand and try to resolve the issue and do you have proof of that?

A chargeback is a last resort option as it will actually cost your supplier far more that you're claiming back.

•••
@branding

"Chargebacks are akin to fraud and a serious violation of our terms of service. Instead of opening a dispute, you should have contacted the merchant (NameSilo) requesting a refund for your order.
Did you attempt to contact us regarding this issue?"

So did you contact them beforehand and try to resolve the issue and do you have proof of that?

A chargeback is a last resort option as it will actually cost your supplier far more that you're claiming back.
I contacted Namesilo live chat.
And again, if Namesilo added as terms this statement, then this statement violates PayPal rules.
A dispute is a normal process and part of PayPal rules.
Besides, I repeat, I left them a note with a dispute.
Screenshot 2023-06-26 at 23-23-31 Centro de resoluciones.png

Last edited:
•••

A refund of just 30 USD was not a big deal and didn't cause Namesilo a problem or a bad reputation on PayPal.
A refund is just a refund, I also sell and buy on PayPal, and first of all, they could just read my dispute note and offer me the solution or ask me to close the dispute and promise to charge back directly.
I would accept this option.
They preferred to refund 3-5 mins after I created a dispute.
They even didn't try somehow to solve the issue or ask me.

Namesilo let to cancel the domain registration within the next 3 days after I pay for it, but it was not a domain name registration, but the transfer fee and I paid it 7 days ago. There is no auto cancel for domain transfer.
A few times I canceled mistakenly registered domains, and the refund used to be made instantly to my PayPal. So, what is the problem to ask for a refund via PayPal?

By the way, all Namesilo defenders, what if tomorrow they will block your account simply because they decided to take revenge on you?

Pay attention, they just didn't like the way I got the refund they would pay anyway. Not because I got something from them, not because I scammed them, not because I got something by mistake or scam. It was not a fraud.

Namesilo exceeded its authority by deactivating my account. I will ask tomorrow PayPal if Namesilo does violate PayPal rules by not allowing their clients to open a dispute.

Ups, I have almost 100 domains, not 78.. and all are blocked by Namesilo.

Last edited:
•••
Talking about the email issue.
No, I didn't let the situation just be for 4-5 years.

A few years ago (I think it was 2019), had an email problem with Namesilo, but I was sure the issue was solved. Last few years I just used to reg domains and almost never contacted Namesilo, and when I needed to ask something I always used to do it via live chat, so I had no idea the email issue was still present.

And just a few months ago after they added extra protection to their login and I couldn't get the verification email, I understood the problem was not solved.

My Hotmail is OK, and I even contacted Hotmail support and they checked my account remotely.
I was sure the problem was solved when I started the transfer process and paid Namesilo for 3 domain transfers after I didn't get them and I realized the email issue was still present.

I got no help via live chat, so I just locked back my domains at my GoDaddy account and opened a PayPal dispute to get my money back without trying to explain again and again to Namesilo live support the simple thing - I don't get their emails.

My plan was just to take my portfolio to another registrar who would be able to contact me via email.
I got my money back and started to check for a new registrar and 2 days ago I wanted to move all my domains and found the account deactivated.

I have only 2 emails: Hotmail and Gmail, and I use Hotmail as my contact email for Namesilo, and Gmail has a lot of alerts all day and create an additional mail account just because of Namesilo ... ? No thanks.
So, I just decided to move from there and was checking other registrars.

Last edited:
•••
A refund of just 30 USD was not a big deal and didn't cause Namesilo a problem or a bad reputation on PayPal.
A refund is just a refund, I also sell and buy on PayPal, and first of all, they could just read my dispute note and offer me the solution or ask me to close the dispute and promise to charge back directly.
I would accept this option.
They preferred to refund 3-5 mins after I created a dispute.
They even didn't try somehow to solve the issue or ask me.

Namesilo let to cancel the domain registration within the next 3 days after I pay for it, but it was not a domain name registration, but the transfer fee and I paid it 7 days ago. There is no auto cancel for domain transfer.
A few times I canceled mistakenly registered domains, and the refund used to be made instantly to my PayPal. So, what is the problem to ask for a refund via PayPal?

By the way, all Namesilo defenders, what if tomorrow they will block your account simply because they decided to take revenge on you?

Pay attention, they just didn't like the way I got the refund they would pay anyway. Not because I got something from them, not because I scammed them, not because I got something by mistake or scam. It was not a fraud.

Namesilo exceeded its authority by deactivating my account. I will ask tomorrow PayPal if Namesilo does violate PayPal rules by not allowing their clients to open a dispute.

Ups, I have almost 100 domains, not 78.. and all are blocked by Namesilo.

So you did reach out to their support to request a refund before you opened the dispute? That's somewhat unclear to me.

By the way, you don't need to get an email at all when you transfer.

You will order the transfer at namesilo and the loosing registrar should email you to give you notice of a transfer request. Not Namesilo.

Did you receive one? Even if you did not, a transfer will autocomplete in 5-7 days if it's not blocked by the loosing registrar.

Last edited:
•••
A paypal dispute is not initially a chargeback, I've done them with unresponsive merchants about small refunds and usually the merchant just pays it right away, I don't think they pay a penalty for that.

Even if your account is locked, ICANN require them to let you transfer out all your names if it is your name in the WHOIS. So as long as you act, you do not risk losing your domains.

Last edited:
•••
Unfortunately, it appears that this situation escalated due to a perfect storm of issues.

But to clarify our position here - the reason why the user's account was deactivated is because they issued a dispute. In 99.9% of cases, this is because of fraud or due to account using stolen payment methods. So as a safeguard, we take action on our side while an investigation occurs. In this case, resolution was attempted but due to the user not responding to our communications (since they weren't able to receive them), this also failed.

Please understand that it's never in our interest to prevent our users from accessing their accounts or being able to register/transfer domain names. But we also have to protect ourselves from fraud and abuse as this, unfortunately, is also a reality in our industry. And in vast majority of cases, the financial burden falls to us.

In either case, the transactions have been refunded and the user's account has been re-enabled. We will continue discussing this matter with them directly to hopefully find a compromise going forward.

•••
@karmaco

I didn't get any help from their live chat.
PayPal dispute is a part of PayPal rules and being a PayPal client, Namesilo must respect PayPal rules.
Why I can't create a dispute if I don't get any help?
Did I blame Namesilo for charging me without my permission?
No, I just indicated the reason:

Show attachment 241356

The dispute was very clear, I stated the problem, and Namesilo could just solve it.
Anyway, the dispute is already closed and it was closed by Namesilo 3-5 mins after I created it.
What do they want from me now to close?

Finally, I just wanted to transfer 3 domains to Namesilo.
My portfolio is my property which was blocked by Namesilo against all rules and laws.

I canceled the transfer and opened a dispute because I had no other option to request a refund for something I couldn't get and had to cancel.
Anyway, I don't even have to explain why I created a dispute, it is my right to request a refund via the PayPal platform. I am not sure Namesilo refund politics is legal, I think it is against the PayPal rules.
You should not be ripped off but at the same time you shouldn't violate their TOS. It's such a small loss, I wouldn't open a case over like $30 total for 3 domains (assuming each transfer was like $10). Glad that namesilo responded to this thread and activated your account again. Personally, I like namesilo.

•••
Unfortunately, it appears that this situation escalated due to a perfect storm of issues.

But to clarify our position here - the reason why the user's account was deactivated is because they issued a dispute. In 99.9% of cases, this is because of fraud or due to account using stolen payment methods. So as a safeguard, we take action on our side while an investigation occurs. In this case, resolution was attempted but due to the user not responding to our communications (since they weren't able to receive them), this also failed.

Please understand that it's never in our interest to prevent our users from accessing their accounts or being able to register/transfer domain names. But we also have to protect ourselves from fraud and abuse as this, unfortunately, is also a reality in our industry. And in vast majority of cases, the financial burden falls to us.

In either case, the transactions have been refunded and the user's account has been re-enabled. We will continue discussing this matter with them directly to hopefully find a compromise going forward.

Only 2 days ago I discovered my account was deactivated and I contacted live chat but they denied explaining me nothing and just told me to contact Namesilo by email.

Then I created another mail account and contacted Namesilo, and no one told me account deactivation could be due to possible fraud. They told me "close the dispute" and "this account will remain suspended until the dispute is closed".

I told them there is no open dispute and also asked about my domains, but the only answer I got was "the dispute resulted in your NameSilo account being locked".

Only then I created this thread.

I use some of my domains for active websites and one of the domains is my mom's PayPal contact email and I had no idea what you were going to do with my domains".

No one told me anything like "we did it only to be sure your account was not stolen, and your domains are ok".
The only answer was "we deactivated your account because you created a PayPal dispute".

Last edited:
•••
You should not be ripped off but at the same time you shouldn't violate their TOS. It's such a small loss, I wouldn't open a case over like $30 total for 3 domains (assuming each transfer was like $10). Glad that namesilo responded to this thread and activated your account again. Personally, I like namesilo.
What loss? I didn't tell Namesilo denied to refund, I just lost my patience trying to explain again and again about the domain's transfer failure. And I had no time to create a different email to contact Namesilo. Namesilo's statement about the PayPal dispute is illegal, each PayPal customer has the right to open a dispute to get the option to communicate with the seller.

I only requested a refund to avoid communication with Namesilo's useless support. I never blamed them for non-authorized charges.

I do it frequently when I get payment by mistake or wrong payment (I have many clients and they sometimes pay with the wrong reference). Or sometimes, I get the payment from the SEO agency and then the same payment from their client.

To avoid problems with the TAX department in these cases I ask my clients to cancel the transaction and pay again correctly.

I always ask my client to request a refund (open a dispute + note) because I have no time to search for their transaction and then refund. Besides, sometimes my clients contact me by a different email and pay with another email, and for being sure I refund to the correct person, I ask to create a dispute.
The same many other ones ask me to request a refund if I pay by mistake or with the wrong reference.

I simply saved Namesilo's time and requested a refund myself (self-service).

Last edited:
•••
The same many other ones ask me to request a refund if I pay by mistake or with the wrong reference.

I just saved time to Namesilo and requested a refund by myself.
Be careful as you could get your paypal account restricted if you open too many cases. I think the TOS say that. By loss I meant I wouldn't have opened the case and just let namesilo keep $30. But, it's your choice I guess to file those paypal cases I'm just telling you what I would do. Again, be careful you don't want to lose your paypal account by opening too many causes and getting your account flagged. While it may seem unfair again I say be careful.

•••
So you did reach out to their support to request a refund before you opened the dispute? That's somewhat unclear to me.

By the way, you don't need to get an email at all when you transfer.

You will order the transfer at namesilo and the loosing registrar should email you to give you notice of a transfer request. Not Namesilo.

Did you receive one? Even if you did not, a transfer will autocomplete in 5-7 days if it's not blocked by the loosing registrar.
Do you mean the transfer from GD to Namesilo?
I have no idea why the transfer failed.
I contacted Namesilo via live chat and asked for help.
Obviously, I didn't get any help, that's why I locked my domains and went to get my money back.
I didn't ask Namesilo for a refund, I just asked for help in transferring 3 domains from GD to Nmesilo.
I didn't need to ask for a refund, because I could do it without their help.
There was never any issue regarding moneyback, that's why I couldn't understand what was wrong with that refund and what they blame me for.
Last 2 days Namesilo support team was telling me to close the dispute to get my account back.
But what dispute? Why? I had no idea.

Last edited:
•••
Glad you got your account active. I would edit title to remove blackmail me and request mods to close it.
👍 namesilo

•••
Glad you got your account active. I would edit title to remove blackmail me and request mods to close it.
👍 namesilo
Well, it was blackmailing, because all that the support told me last 2 days was " account will remain suspended until the dispute is closed".

But I had no active dispute to close, for me the dispute was something from the past and I couldn't understand what did they want from me because I only saved their time by requesting money back myself.

Besides, no one told me "that refund was not fair", and only were blaming me for open a dispute.

Last edited:
•••
My Hotmail is Ok, and I even manually added Namesilo to my whitelist, but I still don't get emails from them.

Don't use hotmail. They block incoming emails. Buy a hosting and use youremail@yourdomain dot tld.
Don't use free email services for any financial affairs, for business, for anything serious, including gmail. They block your incoming emails silently.

•••
Don't use hotmail. They block incoming emails. Buy a hosting and use youremail@yourdomain dot tld.
Don't use free email services for any financial affairs, for business, for anything serious, including gmail. They block your incoming emails silently.
I have a server and can create a personalized email, but sometimes personalized mail servers block incoming emails. That's why I use only Hotmail and Gmail.

•••
Be careful as you could get your paypal account restricted if you open too many cases. I think the TOS say that. By loss I meant I wouldn't have opened the case and just let namesilo keep $30. But, it's your choice I guess to file those paypal cases I'm just telling you what I would do. Again, be careful you don't want to lose your paypal account by opening too many causes and getting your account flagged. While it may seem unfair again I say be careful.
Never. I am PayPal good client.
They told me this a lot of times.
Dispute not escalated to PayPal and solved friendly between buyer and seller doesn't affect on the reputation.
The problem is when the dispute is related to a non-autorized charges or when the seller or the buyer escalates the dispute to PP revision.

And I repeat, I never asked Namesilo about refund and they never refused to refund.
I didn't need a refund, I needed transfer 3 domains from GD to Namesilo.

After I got no help, I decided change the registrar, so was no need anymore in any transfer.
I canceled the transfer and requested a refund vía PP platform to be sure comunicate with Namesilo somehow.
Because vía PP they for sure had to hear me.
Also, this way I saved their time with the dispute, It was no need to search for the transaction.

I didn't get the refund behind the Namesilo' back which they refused to pay me.
And 2 days ago when I contacted them, they never told I scammed them and got 30 usd unfair.
The told the account was deactivated because I requested a refund not by email and never told me "let us check that refund and we will activate your account".

Besides, they had almost 4 weeks to read my dispute annotation where I told about the transfer failure money back.

Last edited:
•••
I have a server and can create a personalized email, but sometimes personalized mail servers block incoming emails. That's why I use only Hotmail and Gmail.

There must be a spam prevention software on your server, spamassasin or something similar. You should change its settings to solve the problem. If you have never touched its settings, it must be using default settings and usually the default spam protection level is designed to block more spam emails with a high false positive rate. You should lower the protection level to allow a few spam emails. Unless your domain is heavily targeted by spammers, it's safe to have a low spam protection. The default level is for moderately targeted domain names and is very high for most domain names. That's the case for hotmail, gmail and other popular email servers. Their domain names are heavily targeted and they have to set extremely high protection levels which block many legitimate emails together with all spam emails and they name it as zero spam policy. You may also disable the software (spamassasin or similar) or uninstall it to receive all emails including all the spam emails. The choice is yours. It's not that difficult to change its default settings. You have full control over your server.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back