Dynadot

question Names beginning with "sy" vs. "zy"

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have been looking at two names that are very similar, but one of them begins with "sy" and the other one with "zy". The next letter is a consonant.

While I understand that "s" is supposed to be more premium than "z", and NameBio has many more reported sales beginning with "sy" than with "zy", I am not completely convinced that "sy" looks better than "zy"...

I would be interested in hearing what other people think. Thank you.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For me it depends on full name. It's hard to tell which one will be better when i know only 'sy' or 'zy' on begin of the name.

Last edited:
•••
For me it depends on full name. It's hard to tell which one will be better when i know only 'sy' or 'zy' on begin of the name.

Yes, I agree. Unfortunately I cannot reveal more than this since I am considering buying one of them... All I can say is that the names are no longer than four letters.

Last edited:
•••
Hi

if, buying to resell, then the obvious, would be to go with most reported sales
if, buying to dev, then it may not matter

additionally, less reported sales, doesn't equate to less usage
in that, low sales reports may mean more usage and less reselling.

and depending on trailing letters, zy, could be more memorable, and distinctive from the sy

but will it pass radio test without having to spell out the whole domain or emphasizing that it starts with a Z, instead of S

imo...

Last edited:
•••
Hi

if, buying to resell, then the obvious, would be to go with most reported sales
if, buying to dev, then it may not matter

additionally, less reported sales, doesn't equate to less usage
in that, low sales reports may mean more usage and less reselling.

and depending on trailing letters, zy, could be more memorable, and distinctive from the sy

but will it pass radio test without having to spell out the whole domain or emphasizing that it starts with a Z, instead of S

imo...

Thanks, good point about few sales might actually be because they are being used actively.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back