IT.COM

Namerific Experience

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

The Domain Wizard

TheDomainWizard.comEstablished Member
Impact
I have listed my first 2 domain with Namerific and it would be great to share your experience with Namerific.

My experience so far is good. I submitted 4 names and 2 accepted within 48 hours. Logo design was done with 24 hours after verification of the domain names.

Now I need to wait and see if the domain get sold.

Just share your experience with Namerific..

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Do they only accept .com domain names? In my opinion that is kinda of dumb. There are many other brandable domain names out there that aren't .com domains.

they go with what sells ...... a .com name sells and is considered a great stepping stone world wide for a new company

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 PM ----------

I cant browse all the names in one go as my screen keeps freezing

loading much better now

•••
This company is weird. I submitted a very good easily pronouncable short name, only 1 way to spell it and they reject it.

Yet they list domains registered, most in the last 2 years with multiple spellings

Eg. Klypse.com
Could be spelt Clipse.com, Clypse.com, Klipse.com

I think this company is exclusive to friends of the owner.

•••
They seem to have slowed down a bit with their acceptance/rejection of names. Used to be within 24 hours. I suspect they are getting flooded with people jumping onto the brand wagon!! I have a couple listed with namerific. I guess it is only human nature to favour friends/family over others But as they are running a business they would certainly still be looking at "good" names from outside family/friends.

•••
I have had seven names accepted and over twenty rejected, i do not know anyone there so it is not just family and friends. I think all business's need to open their doors up to all to succeed these days. I am sure they know this and choose names accordingly to their criteria.

•••
I got around 10 accepted and 20 rejected.
And no, i am not a family member or a close friend.
Stop accusing people, just because your name wasn't accepted.

•••
how do u check the # of visitors to each domain listed?

cant seem to find the way to do it from my acct?

•••
Submitted two names - 1 approved and 1 not approved. For the one not approved, received a personalized email about potential trademark issues. Even though it's a fairly generic and well-known term, there are a couple of live trademarks for different uses, so it's understandable.

I'm impressed by the level of customer service and the speed of getting a reply!

•••
how do u check the # of visitors to each domain listed?

cant seem to find the way to do it from my acct?

Looks like they removed page views sometime yesterday because I can't see it in my account either.

•••
I got around 10 accepted and 20 rejected.
And no, i am not a family member or a close friend.
Stop accusing people, just because your name wasn't accepted.

Well can you explain how webgree.com was accepted and listed for $3,499?

This is the registration info

Domain Name: WEBGREE.COM
Registrar: GODADDY.COM, LLC
Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com
Name Server: NS67.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server: NS68.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Updated Date: 11-jul-2013
Creation Date: 04-jul-2013
Expiration Date: 04-jul-2014

Just registered and allowed to be listed. Sounds like favors for friends to me.

•••
Looks like they removed page views sometime yesterday because I can't see it in my account either.

They have removed page views temporarily to have another go at getting rid of bots hitting some of the names.

•••
That makes sense. Thanks!

•••

What kind of explanation do you need?

All my accepted names there were recently registered, not much different than this one. It doesn't matter when the name was registered. All that matters is if he likes the name or not.
As i described somewhere else, with brandable names such things such as registeration date are not important.

•••

That is my name.
I have 2 listed @ Namerific and 1 at BB.
Just started 3 weeks ago trying out this brand thing. (Jumped on the band wagon, so to speak)

I assure you I know no one at either company.

As for the price-I actually had a different price but I received an email with a suggestion to price at $3499.

The first name I submitted to both BB and namerific was rejected and has since been sold for $400 via Voodoo inquiry. It too was a handreg. 12 days old when the offer came in.

Just to add.
I have 2 accepted at Namerific and 4 rejected.

Last edited:
•••
nearly all of my acceptances were recent hand regs

•••
I have spent a decent amount of time talking with Zane Gocha the founder of Namerific. He like Margot makes all the decisions. I can say some names that would be accepted at Brand Bucket would not be accepted at Namerific.

Zane told me he does not like Z for S, so a name like Shoez.com he would not list.

Recently Syng.com sold for $2,900 on Sedo, he does not like y for i if its the only modification. I had used the example of Dyve he said no, but a name like Dysko.com which he sold on Brand Bucket he liked because it was two modifications.

Its all subjective here.

•••
I have now 3 accepted on Namerific and 1 still pending. The latest domain I put a price of $1999 but Zane increased it to $2999. I am sure he knows what he is doing.

1 domain is still pending because Zane asked me to come up with other ideas for the domain name, other then I submitted. I like how the way Zane is managing the approval process.

I have now 6 names on BB.

•••

Attachments

• z.png
    z.png
    118.2 KB · Views: 83
  • zz.png
    zz.png
    13.4 KB · Views: 281
•••
End of the day its his business and he can run it as he sees fit , whether to his own detriment or his own success .
If no one likes how he runs it then they are free to mooch along elsewhere . Its a free service until Point of Sale .

Yes , I have 2 names on Namerific (8 rejected)
No , I have no idea who Zach is .

Tschuss

•••
I proposed 1 domain and got approved.
I like the customer service that Zane offer.

•••
Sales through Namerific

Hello folks.

Just placed a couple of names in Namerific.
I figured if it's free, why not just try it out.

Has anyone sold through them recently?
Thanks.

•••
Has anyone sold through them recently?

•••
Some people have said they have sold on their platform.

•••
I won't be selling these.
Rejected.

•••
I had 2 accepted recently and the logos done already.
Guess ill wait and see.

1 is a recent hand reg from drop 5 letter .com
The other is a aged 2 word .com I've had for a couple years.

•••
III,
Could you share what the names were?
The rejection letter stated there could be too many variations in the spelling, however I really couldn't see it.
Just two short words everyone (in the U.S. anyway) has heard of.

Thanks.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back