IT.COM

entertainment Namepros sold again?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to ask if this is true, just read it and was a little surprised as I hadn't heard a thing!

NamePros guide : How to find domain gems at the forums
Posted by DomainGang on May 22, 2015, at 4:45 pm
A few months ago, NamePros changed ownership and is currently managed by a group of Directors and its large user base boasts more than 850,000 members. Many members retain their DNF accounts as well, but engage on NamePros more often
Copyright DomainGang.com: http://domaingang.com/stories-and-manuals/namepros-guide-how-to-find-domain-gems-at-the-forums/

this is only a clip - the article is on their link
I didn't expect to read that in this article, based on the article title.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Transparency still has meaning. Just saying. RJ was open about it when he sold it.

You are right Randy, I think the other factor was that RJ was well liked to loved by many on Namepros, no disrespect to Matt but he did not have that kind of bond with the community. RJ and Namepros are synonmous.

•••
Don't forget the Queen!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are right Randy, I think the other factor was that RJ was well liked to loved by many on Namepros, no disrespect to Matt but he did not have that kind of bond with the community. RJ and Namepros are synonmous.

•••

Well that pretty much sums it up, thanks for the reply :)

==
No disrespect to Matt either,
a lot of members of the community did give him the respect they gave RJ,
RJ built NP, no one can touch that - it is a given :)

but it's sad to know that there isin't enough respect from the outgoing, or the incoming,
for the community members to warrant a thread or announcement!

•••
Wait, this is from DomainGang ??? I mean, they're sorta like "The Onion" of domain news, right? At least I'm pretty sure... most of what I've ended up reading there has been satirical / comedic in nature...

Edit -- aha, they actually have "100% true" logo that they add to "real stories"....
http://domaingang.com/editorial/its-funny-but-its-also-100-true/

... And indeed, this logoy thing is at the bottom of this namepros article. ;)

Last edited:
•••
RJ returned back.
Namepros has been sold.
Is it coincidence? Don't think so.
Now who purchased NP?

Just kidding :)

•••
•••
Well, I hope the new owners won't change anything except making the auction system better.

From a user perspective, this site is very comfortable. From the last version of the forum to this one it was a pretty smooth change. Kudos to the team involved with that.

Everyone seems very comfortable with the forum format, but there is definitely room to improve on the auctions. Imagine a combination of ExpiredDomains search ability, with a Flippa selling format.

Of course if they were to provide such a service then there would be premiums, but they should be VERY low as they have already captured the customer base and should rely on listing volumes over high pricing.

Now that's something I would be excited to see if there is a new change of leadership.

Too much change on a forum is a death blow, and leaves room for something else to crop up.

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back