IT.COM

status-resolved namepros has been taken over ..

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

frank-germany

domainer since 2001 / musicianTop Member
Impact
upload_2019-11-18_8-41-41.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So let´s just suppose that allegations against Rob are relevant and let´s suppose that Rob is even more clever than we think he would have engaged Frank to stage a continuing show of enmity. Schizo Bullsh*t? Of course, what else. But this fantastic thought just develops the current situation.

Interesting thought. I am not that clever.

@Mod Team Bravo, this might sound self-serving but if you want to have a better weighting of thread relevance, add the weighting of likes and thanks to get an indication of popularity. At present, you can drive up view count with a bunch of folks just posting their name pitches endlessly in a thread but the content value can be extremely low. This is an indication of activity but not of popularity or utility.

•••
Hi

that is not true

If he starts a thread that is posted n general discussion section to discuss his escrow service, then that is promotion.
it should be in Advertising section
if he replies to a thread, where the OP is asking about another platforms escrow service (uni or sedo) and he talks about his services, fee's etc, in that thread, then that is promotional.

when he starts a thread in general discussion section about being bullish on .org and talks about reg fee pricing at his service for .org, then that is promotional

there are LOTS of impressional, gullible folks on this forum and they are being taken advantage of, to that extent.

if the intent is discussion, enlightenment, helpful, advisory, etc, then why you have to promote who you work for in each of those threads?

who else does this on the forum?

imo...

If you mean this thread:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/if...scrow-you-are-wasting-time-and-money.1119508/

As I recall, that post was part of a sponsorship deal. It was linked from a banner ad on Namepros. The banner campaign finished but the thread still exists. If has some meaty discussion.

•••
•••
I do agree about the Rob profile getting a bit out of hand, blimey wasn't it Religion that started take over (or it Nigerians) I don't know because I stopped reading any of them. Still moving my names to Epik though, I can separate the two

if he stopped reading ur posts, it’s his loss :)

Last edited:
•••
This thread title reminds me of the beginning of track #5 of the Space Jam sound track...

Greetings Earthlings

We have now taken over your radio...

Edit

Greeting Earthlings namePros

We Rob have has now taken over your radio feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed...

*head bangs*: not against a wall like :banghead: but head bangs like a long haired rocker 🤘

Last edited:
•••
I don't have a problem with people explaining solutions to a problem
and in case they offer a product to solve that issue
I have no problem with them explaining it.

For me, it's starting to become controversial
when a problem is invented in order to gain new customers
who didn't know they had that problem

It's not an uncommon strategy.

But when I come across, I feel the urge to interfere.

For example:
I may be uninformed, but for me, Cloudflare is a great company
offering a fantastic service
and when I follow them on twitter
I think those are great people.

Now somebody is coming here promoting an alternative service
and talking about Cloudflare like they are sons of the evil
and implying that somebody is uninformed and naive
when he doesn't recognize it.

For example:
I know nothing about the escrow industry.

But nowadays I get the feeling that I must have been lucky.

I have always finalized my deals at escrow . com
Maybe they had been better in the past.
Maybe they grew and don't have the capacity to please everybody by now.

I hear in this forum, that it is a bad idea to use them
and I hear in this forum that epik has a greater escrow
than anybody, though they are no escrow company in the first place.

I was always fine with DANs escrow and with Sedos escrow too.

Basically I don't have an escrow issue.

For example:

I didn't know I had not enough .orgs in my portfolio

Luckily somebody informed me
how to get them cheaply.

and so on

I get what you are saying especially with Cloudflare, I do think Escrow should be discussed Rob brought to light things behind the scenes people here did not know.

•••
Welcome Frank.

i’ve been expecting you.

This is what happens when people feel their voices are heard. Everyday, those “other guys” (suspect ur bosses) lose me, more and more

Samer

Last edited:
•••
•••
Welcome Frank.

i’ve been expecting you.

This is what happens when people feel their voices are heard. Everyday, those “other guys” (suspect ur bosses) lose me, more and more

Samer

no idea what you talk about, Samer

•••
information
is only valuable
when it's good

when it's obviously a sales pitch
the greatness is always questionable
( like being bullish on orgs )

I'm bullish on green gum frogs
( no I'm not )

but even if..
I'm not selling green gum frogs to you
in case you are now bullish, too.
(for a steep discount of course)

to find the blog posts you have to search for them

in order to find the sales pitches
you can't avoid them
they'll find you

You can avoid it by ignoring him?

Look, I get what you're saying and agree sometimes it's a bit much. But what harm comes from that which bothers you?

NP seems to think he's playing by the rules. I'd rather have a registrar actually participating and sneak in some self promotion along the way than only encounter registrars when they run their latest promo.

Just my opinion. I respect you for speaking your mind. It's the critical minds that keep a forum healthy.

•••
You can avoid it by ignoring him?

Look, I get what you're saying and agree sometimes it's a bit much. But what harm comes from that which bothers you?

NP seems to think he's playing by the rules. I'd rather have a registrar actually participating and sneak in some self promotion along the way than only encounter registrars when they run their latest promo.

Just my opinion. I respect you for speaking your mind. It's the critical minds that keep a forum healthy.

indeed I can't avoid
by ignoring him

the screenshots at the OP
were taken while ignoring

•••
•••
So those 'spies' i im guessing are TM lawyers who are looking to find thier next potential client. This is whole new information for me. We should be more careful with our names then.

No not necessarily, there are some people who look to be a thorn in the side of someone they don't like. Years ago someone was defending their right to a Fortune 500 company related domain I believe it was, and then another member posted they contacted the company to let them know.

•••
The next day a friend texted me and said "I see they doxxed offthehandle on Twitter, will Namepros ban those people?" My reply hell if I know, open a thread and ask. Their reply, "f*ck NO!"

Shame on Josh R. and Shane C.

•••
Hi

just like to say, for the record

it's not personal against Rob. it's business
as long as there is compliance, then I don't have any issues

if I follow the posting rules as stated in the forums TOS, then I expect everyone else to abide accordingly.
that's being professional first, and respectful, second.

it's like having manners when you go to somebody else's house.
you show respect for those that are there, in attendance.

to me, it's the principle and in principle, it, the rules, should be adhered to.

I think some are letting their admiration, blind them to such principles and ethics.

as long as they are getting fed a steady diet of this and that, which engages their mind to think within the parameters set forth by the messenger... then they are content, with the content.

but they are failing to see the promotional context, which is the intent of delivery.

in an ideal situation, members should moderate themselves..
however, it's good to see staff speak to this issue and hope they can provide clarity and guidance, as needed.

again, it's not personal, it's business.

imo...
That's whats up.

•••
Almari will be here in 4 3 2 1 ......

•••
I'd much rather have an in-depth discussion with someone I disagree with, but who has taken the time to research, understand and respect both sides of the debate, rather than just hang out with people who all agree on the same thing but don't explore or dig deeper into a topic.

100% agreed

but if the research was done
with the main focus on
how to have as many views/replies

the main purpose of advertising
becomes obvious

and a discussion mutates into an unpaid promotion

Last edited:
•••
These repeated accusations are getting really annoying. @frank-germany .. you're more than entitled to your opinion .. but you yourself flood every single post @Rob Monster starts taking them all off-topic.

I've said it many times .. as long as the prime focus in on the topic and discussion, then I don't even mind people mentioning their domain related company. Particularly WHEN IT BRINGS A UNIQUE PERSPECTIVE TO A TOPIC specifically because it's from a registrar point of view.

On top of that Frank .. while I do appreciate some of your points sometimes, the way you post as well often is incomprehensible. I'm not really sure you're in the best place to be complaining about others.

I've mentioned it a couple of times when you post 4-5 posts in a row, each with little focus and incomplete sentences strung out over multiple lines.

But I've never once complained to others, nor to NamePros.

This is a public forum .. we aren't always going to agree with what others say nor how they say it. If someone is flagrantly breaking the rules or being abusive to others, then that's one thing .. but that isn't the case here.

By your logic, everybody who wholesales to other domainers should not be allowed to say anything positive about domains!?

Anyhow .. complain about Rob and Bob and anyone else as much as you want .. but I do ask that from this point forward you keep your continuous unconstructive and off-topic complaints here in the comments and feedback forum

If you feel strongly against something you're allowed to speak up about it .. but stop taking every single post Rob starts off-topic .. for the last few months you're actually breaking more rules than he is!

you are welcome @Ategy.com

but this is my thread

•••
What I don´t understand: What is the problem?

There is a Section "Popular this month". It is ranked by replies or by Likes, I even don´t know. Whatever, it is ranked by the acceptance and participation of all Namepros members. And the ranking cannot be manipulated by the thread OP to rise I assume.

The member participation may be approving or disapproving. Both kinds of posts account for an uprise of threads in the ranking section. Additionally, threads like this one which claim to be critical do only one thing: they guarantee more users´ interest in the criticized item and secure those top rankings because more users are attracted to look into them and participate.

So let´s just suppose that allegations against Rob are relevant and let´s suppose that Rob is even more clever than we think he would have engaged Frank to stage a continuing show of enmity. Schizo Bullsh*t? Of course, what else. But this fantastic thought just develops the current situation.

If I imagine this forum without the contributions of Rob, Frank, Raymond and Bob, just for example, this forum would be no more than a marketplace. An attractive marketplace for sure, but nothing else. So why not let it be.

when I ignore someone
I would expect not to see any of his posts

not the case
you can't avoid them

and I might miss other more interesting posts
buried somewhere

Last edited:
•••
when I ignore someone
I would expect not to see any of his posts

not the case
you can't avoid them

and I might miss other more interesting posts
buried somewhere
I suggest it is YOUR thread that let me be visible.

Greatness dot human

•••
Unless it's a lists, marketplace or welcome thread, then all threads pretty much belong to everybody .. AS LONG AS THEY MAINLY STAY ON TOPIC! (You're allowed to make a rare random post a little off topic .. as long as it's a good joke .. lol)

that was meant as a reply to you complaining
about me posting on every post Rob started

I wasn't doing so lately

as I didn't further want to enhance the Rob posts
with my replies

and if I ever was posting off-topic
it got deleted, for sure

•••
LMAOROTF .. actually .. it's by replies ... so in a way @frank-germany .. with the way you post 4-5 posts in a row at least once or twice on every single page of @Rob Monster's threads ... it's actually you who is most responsible more than anyone else for putting his threads on the leader board .. lol .. it's your own fault .. and then you come here to complain about it here! lol x 100000000

*DYING of laughter .. someone please be sure to come feed Steamie after I'm gone*

yes funny

I can tell you the reason
in case you care

I wanted to be read
by all these fellow domainers
who may have been fooled
in a timely manner

•••
•••
Sounds good in theory .. but the problem is that there are also self-inflating "like groups" as well .. go into the Meet and Greet section .. there are some who give "Likes" to the same people even if they post just one or two words .. but at the same time those same people don't give likes to people who actually engage or help the newcomer. It's pretty funny how obvious it is actually! lol

I spend hours behind my daily auction lists that I share here at NamePros .. yet only get 0-2 likes per post on average out of well over 100 views, yet people get 6-7 likes for literally posting one word ... "welcome"! I'd say I don't care .. but the truth is that some people, particularly new members, could certainly see "likes" as credibility .. which is why I feel @NamePros should set a minimum character count in some sections before a post can be "liked" .. or better yet .. turn off likes in all sections that aren't focused specifically on domains.

Can't say too much about that as I'm now on the Like leader board myself! lol .. Although I still want to see a character count leader board! Make it happen @NamePros !!! :)

That's what she... ummm .. never mind! lol
Oops, I need to be more eloquent with my wording. I didn't paint a a good picture....

•••
There are a lot of things to unpack in this thread,

First I will say, the mods should be on top of a post and making a reply on whether what's going on in a thread is ok, they can have a rubber stamp, copy and paste, something a long the lines of, "this post is well within the rules of namepros so no need to report it, it's allowed." So after the first report, they will not get repetitive reports taking up their time

Like look I asked a question because all hell was breaking loose off Namepros https://www.namepros.com/threads/wh...e-offthehandle-katebuckley-situation.1163067/

I asked what is the Namepros official position? @NamePros @Mod Team Echo @Mod Team Alfa @Mod Team Bravo Was the post in violation of a Namepros rule?

The next day a friend texted me and said "I see they doxxed offthehandle on Twitter, will Namepros ban those people?" My reply hell if I know, open a thread and ask. Their reply, "f*ck NO!"

Secondly your signature line should be used effectively to market if that is a goal here, so don't put your services in every post, I think Rob is trying to do both in my opinion, he is trying to give advice how he sees it, and he a lot of experience and I think he tries to help. He also wants people to use his company and their products, which makes sense, but a forum does have rules how much promotion in a discussion thread you have, and that can be tweaked.

Thirdly, People are going to go after people they don't like, over 15 years here i have had people dm me asking if I could help, "Can you post against this member? "Dislike this post please"

Here is another tidbit for the new or the old that are uninformed, there are spies here, and there are people here who don't like domainers, yes they belong to a domain forum and they don't like domainers. Some it's about morality others it's jealousy or they love being a troll. But there are members that will email a company letting them know that there is talk about a name that might violate their intellectual property. In a heated back and forth back in like 2009 I was asking someone who told me what they thought of domainers why are they on Namepros? I was like you are a domainer, "No Raymond I am not a domainer, call me anything you like but please never call me a domainer."

There is a lot of petty stuff that goes on, I modded it for 12 years. At least with Rob and Frank here it's open and transparent, I respect someone saying I don't like this. It's the mods job to say if you don't like it you might need to move on or change your viewing habits if it's allowed here.

@Ategy.com is correct that posts that get moved here or reviews do lose steam, except for those that go after Rob.

There were people who used to report incomplete whois on other members back in the day.

Look I spoke to someone on Saturday I haven't seen on here in awhile, they are like a 2006 join date, and I said why are you never on Namepros? I hate they allowed politics. I said I don't care for it either and avoid it, it's easy to avoid, (In 15 years I have spent 15 minutes in all breakroom threads) so just don't go to that section, the mods do a great job of keeping that out. Their reply was that they can see it on the sidebar and the very notion it exists made them leave namepros. Ok what can you do? And I am cool with this person, known them for years, hate political discussion more than they do but I respect it's in a section that I can avoid. Everyone is not going to get everything they want, this is not Twitter, or Facebook where, you are triggering me brah, I am offended brah, I am going to tweet about you and ruin your life brah, now your banned brah, gfy Brah.

That's not what this place is you can't bully someone into silence (the day that happens the boycott should begin), when you get to a point there are too many allowed things you don't like, you have to leave.

So those 'spies' i im guessing are TM lawyers who are looking to find thier next potential client. This is whole new information for me. We should be more careful with our names then.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back