IT.COM

status-monitor NamePros game freezes computer

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
A ball jumps, and someware freezes computers. Something wrong.

I use securest of everything (operating system, browser), but unless I disable JS, some sites almost instantly attacks the computer and freezes it,
only solution is to shutdown the computer by force.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited by a moderator:
•••
@Joe N Yeah, looks fun. If it pops up again I might play it

If you look around the site you might "Discover" something :xf.wink:

•••
•••
reminds me of days I used laptops
..desktops... all prolems gone by simple android fone switch

•••
With or without April 1st, it is unfortunate that NP staff is busy with this, instead of making the forum "usable" again - after the unforunate system upgrade...

Last edited:
•••
With or without April 1st, it is unfortunate that NP staff is busy with this, instead of making the forum "usable" again - after the unforunate system upgrade...
Haha! fr, it's not hard to bring back a good chat room, even if it has bugs at first, anything is better than a fkin "chat thread" lol other than that I don't have any issues with the site functions.

•••
Sounds like you’re using Windows 95

•••
•••

true... the worst decision in np history

•••
It is crashing my browser.

•••
•••
It is crashing my browser.
LOL.
Are you using internet explorer?
It works on my iphone.
I echo the previous post, use Chrome.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Please remove it...
It's freezing my device everytime I login to NP.

•••
LOL.
Are you using internet explorer?
It works on my iphone.
I echo the previous post, use Chrome.
The latest version of Firefox on Linux. It is better than Chrome :)

•••
•••
A humble request to @Bravo Mod Team to kindly remove that ball thing from my homepage.
It keeps on freezing my mobile device most of the time. It's annoying and I'm not here to play that stupid game. If it was, I would've installed games from the App Store.

•••
It freezes PC browser. It locks mobile browser.

Stop this.

•••
Please Remove the bouncing portal ball from home page. It’s annoying as hell on mobile and I’ve tried to refrain from saying so..

I can’t click a damn link or space without the thing interacting .

It’s absolutely annoying on home page.

(Wanted to make a game for everyone that’s neat and wonderful, just please ..direct me to the disable button!!) which I can’t find.

@Bravo Mod Team

A humble request to @Bravo Mod Team to kindly remove that ball thing from my homepage.
It keeps on freezing my mobile device most of the time. It's annoying and I'm not here to play that stupid game. If it was, I would've installed games from the App Store.

It freezes PC browser. It locks mobile browser.

Stop this.

Agreed!!

Please @Bravo Mod Team Remove it from homepage!!!!! It’s absolutely frustrating!

•••
Your "play" script consumes most of memory and crashes low-mid-level hardware. This automaticity causes higher energy consumption. # ThinkGreen

Regards
The animation on the homepage is quite efficient. The game itself is an experiment with 3D CSS transformations; the script itself is lightweight and only runs during collisions. Most of what you’re observing is CSS, not a script.

•••
The bouncing ball is scheduled to be removed from the home page on Monday, but hopefully it doesn’t crash your browser if you don’t enter the game. If it does, please open a Tech Support ticket on NamePros.

Updating your browser and operating system should help if either are outdated.
Update: It was retired from the home page on schedule.

The game can still be accessed from the “Discover” menu or the sidebar. 🎮

Details about prizes are expected to be announced in the following thread:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back