IT.COM

NamePros.com seems to be down ALOT lately.. I would pay to use if uptime improves

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

JamesDavid

www.JamesDavid.comEstablished Member
Impact
Lately it seems that NP is down about every other time I try to access the site. On that note I just wanted to suggest maybe they have one section where it is paid membership. For example if you want to sell or look or buy in the developed sites or high priced domains that would be a paid access only. I would be more than willing to give back to NP if it meant this site could become stable... I just wonder how many new comers try to access this site just to find out its too busy and then never return..

So the discussion is, could this downtime (busy server error) be fixed by throwing money at it. and secondly would you be willing to pay yearly to use the site..

For myself I would have no problem dropping $20/year or better yet an initial offering of a lifetime fee to use this site as long as it worked when I came here.

thoughts.....

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What I hate is they removed tha NPclicks.

•••
I would say it would be great if there was a section which would say

Paid members only
and it could have yearly or monthly fees....
may be between 10 to 50$ per year or something...
10$ being cheap would attract more members to buy the subscription and thus more funds for better servers could be accumulated...
this way it would be so nice....
false bidding would decrease and moreover funding's for better servers would also increase

•••
James, hang in there. With all the major changes that have taken place over the last month, there are issues still being resolved.

I have moved this to the appropriate forum: NamePros Info & Suggestions

Thanks!

Gene

•••
Even if they made it a $30 LIFETIME subscription... So for everybody who is a member its $30 one time fee.

turnhardtoeasy I agree it woudl discourage all the fake bidding and also the money would provide some advertising $$ too, maybe sponsor some of these big events....

•••
Even if they made it a $30 LIFETIME subscription... So for everybody who is a member its $30 one time fee.

turnhardtoeasy I agree it woudl discourage all the fake bidding and also the money would provide some advertising $$ too, maybe sponsor some of these big events....

seriously....
I have even seen some of the upcoming or less known forums having this section...
where as Namepros is such a huge as well as reputed forum with a majority of members being highly talented as well as rich enough :)
Its bound to get many members into the paid list :)

•••
Our Development Team is working on the busy server problem. We thought we may have had it resolved last night, however it looks like we dont. They are working on this issue as quickly as possible to get it resolved. It is frustrating for everyone. :(

•••
I am strongly against a member-paid system for namepros. I'm quite sure you will see an immense decrease in members and activity. No completely new member is going to want to pay $30 (even if it is lifetime) to be part of a forum where there are other free alternatives.

•••
I am strongly against a member-paid system for namepros. I'm quite sure you will see an immense decrease in members and activity. No completely new member is going to want to pay $30 (even if it is lifetime) to be part of a forum where there are other free alternatives.

Thats the beauty, it remains entirely free except for a few sections. The sections which require payment would be the sections that you would only want serious seasoned domainers in anyways...

•••
We are having bot attacks against us almost every day around noon EST.

I'm not keen on creating paid member forums. However, for $375/mo we can add an additional server that could be accessible only to paid members. Are there enough members that would want this?

•••
The ability to "upgrade your membership" would in my opinion be a great idea to help out. I'm not sure what the current situation is however I remember RJ saying in the past that Namepros had been losing money for several months now. Obviously not cheap running a site as big as Namepros and if all it takes is a few of us donating a bit of money, I'm all for that. If even just 1% of members donated, that'd be 1500 people. At $2 per month ($24/year), that should pay for the servers.

Let people put an image in their signature instead of links, or maybe a bigger avatar, the ability to use a larger font in their signature, etc -- I think at least 1% of members would be willing to pay for something like that. I would be willing to pay a lot more than $20 per year to have my sales threads all highlighted so they stick out more from other people's.

edit: Looking at what RJ said, $375 per month would be $4500 on the year. At $5 per month we'd need 75 members to cover costs, 150 members at $2.50 per month. I think it's doable :)

•••
The ability to "upgrade your membership" would in my opinion be a great idea to help out. I'm not sure what the current situation is however I remember RJ saying in the past that Namepros had been losing money for several months now. Obviously not cheap running a site as big as Namepros and if all it takes is a few of us donating a bit of money, I'm all for that. If even just 1% of members donated, that'd be 1500 people. At $2 per month ($24/year), that should pay for the servers.

Let people put an image in their signature instead of links, or maybe a bigger avatar, the ability to use a larger font in their signature, etc -- I think at least 1% of members would be willing to pay for something like that. I would be willing to pay a lot more than $20 per year to have my sales threads all highlighted so they stick out more from other people's.

edit: Looking at what RJ said, $375 per month would be $4500 on the year. At $5 per month we'd need 75 members to cover costs, 150 members at $2.50 per month. I think it's doable :)

I'm with Reece ... giving more signature rights and space would be a fair exchange for paid membership. :tu:

•••
I'm not keen on creating paid member forums. However, for $375/mo we can add an additional server that could be accessible only to paid members. Are there enough members that would want this?

Namepros Elite Server!

Lets do it I would so be willing to pay along with other members for a place that has nothing but serious buyers and sellers. I think it could be done and there would be a waiting list a mile long in my opinion ;)

Lets rip open this can of worms and talk it out ;)

•••
I think you should do a poll and see the response as I think enough members would chip in especially if it leads to special sections or affiliate links in their signatures or something of a bonus in some way.

•••
$375/month is alot for one person to cover but nothing for a group of people to cover. I think the idea of a poll is a good one... Maybe then you could have Standard members and Elite members.... I also agree with even just have a few extra abilities like images in signatures, etc would make it worth the cost. Also you could have an icon for elite members to publish on their website/blogs that shows them are "verified" domainers...

•••
We are having bot attacks against us almost every day around noon EST.

I am SURE there would be enough :tu:

•••
I'm in too if theres going to be additional forum features (different username colour, affiliate links in sigs, and a specific forum for premium members...etc).

•••
I agree a "Pro" section that costs monthly or if they don't have money you can have them fillout 3-4 monthly CPALead surveys which is incentive based anyhow. Get 500 people to fill out 2 surveys at 75 cents a survey would net roughly $750 dollars.

•••
Im sure most of the senior members wouldnt mind paying a subscription fee for Namepros.
Maybe a few extra privileges such as bigger avatars as suggested, aswell as small images in sigs. Plus a badge saying they are a subscribed member?

Never thought Id be that desperate to pay a subscription fee haha

•••

I completely agree.... 375$ per member wont be doable where as if its divided amongst the willing members then its really cool with all that privileges... (signature images or more words and links in signature allowed., avatar, or our names would be in bold letters)

and i m more than ready for buying the membership upgrade...(if that could be started :) )
and a poll would be great for it...
in that way you could decide as you will come to know how many people are actually interested in buying Namepros paid membership :)

•••
I think this idea could go somewhere.... I have also noticed the search waiting period has gone from 15 seconds to 30 seconds to 45 seconds. Another perk that would be great for paid members...

I think a lifetime fee would be the way to go..... So are we going to see a poll soon?

•••
I think Eric has fixed it :tu:

•••
Good news! I am adding a third server to NamePros today, subsidized by our paid Supporters.

The paid accounts are exempt from getting Server Too Busy messages and have a few additional features as well. Have a look here: http://www.namepros.com/payments.php

Any other features or price levels you would be interested in?

•••
Good news! I am adding a third server to NamePros today, subsidized by our paid Supporters.

The paid accounts are exempt from getting Server Too Busy messages and have a few additional features as well. Have a look here: http://www.namepros.com/payments.php

Any other features or price levels you would be interested in?

RJ

1. some of us do not seem to be able to create groups because the link is no where to be found ...

is this a bug or paid feature.

2. some forums allow banners in the signature for paid members ... maybe for 99.00 $ :loveyou:

•••
I agree that this is a good idea... and it should help with the day-to-day operations as well...

Nice job!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back