Dynadot

status-resolved NamePros auction cancelled by seller?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DnFolk

Top Member
Impact
Earlier in a day, I saw one group of names for auction here at Namepros where i made a bid LINK now it says auction cancelled by seller, as far as i know it is not allowed. I hope admin/mods here can take care of it.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Earlier in a day, I saw one group of names for auction here at Namepros where i made a bid LINK now it says auction cancelled by seller, as far as i know it is not allowed. I hope admin/mods here can take care of it.

@DnFolk , I had a bid there, I mentioned it in the chat, apparently somebody is expected to report the thread.

In any case, no it is not allowed to cancel an auction with bids.

•••
They probably ended up selling the name outside of nP. Not good practice and against rules. @Admin should get involved....

•••
@DefinitelyDomains , it was their whole portfolio.

They must've realized what a huge mistake it was, but then again just don't put your whole portfolio to auction unless you're willing to part with it.

•••
@DefinitelyDomains , it was their whole portfolio.

They must've realized what a huge mistake it was, but then again just don't put your whole portfolio to auction unless you're willing to part with it.

Ah, Ok. Even so, you can't remove an auction (with bids) without providing a valid reason. It goes against nP auction terms & conditions. Report it.

•••
•••
Agree with @creataweb. One of you should report it to the mods. If you want anything to definitely happen because of this.

•••
I think the highest bidder is entitled to do so.

@DnFolk , perhaps you should..

•••
I think the highest bidder is entitled to do so.

@DnFolk , perhaps you should..

why is everyone on tender hooks about reporting this lame seller? Anyone can report the thread. Winning bidder, lowest bidder, somebody who was thinking about bidding. Heck. Post the thread and I'll report it. Just in case a mod hasn't seen it. Which I would imagine they haven't because their modus operandum would be for the Mod to re-open the thread and then post in that thread.

•••
Reports senders are only known to Admin/mod (of course who sent it)..

•••
•••
You, could of course report it. However, I seriously doubt the seller will let you win. He may have already sold domains. It would be interesting to ask the mods how he because an 'established member', with 0 feedback.

Last edited:
•••
You, could of course report it. However, I seriously doubt the seller will let you win. He may have already sold domains. It would be interesting to ask the mods how he because an 'established member', with 0 feedback.

You become an Established Member almost immediately you join NamePros. The qualification to become and established member is something like 5 posts. IIRC.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back