status-invalid Namepro stole my domain

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

ProfitMaker

$$$$$Established Member
Impact
I put a domain for sale in wrong category.
I wanted to get offers on adjustreality.com
So I realised my mistake and remove the domain I had got 1 dollar bid 2 minutes before decision.
But @Amanda and @blank took it away for free.
proof.PNG
proof 2.PNG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Then they accused me of shill bidding

•••
Well they can't make you physically transfer it, if you choose not to transfer it, you will face some consequences but you will keep your name. I would advise first day registrants not have the power to list auctions for at least 1 week as this seems to be a common theme.

•••
But sir what to do I do know, they said you are under investigation and restricted my account I had paid 100 dollars for it today

•••
•••
I’m still counting how many forum rules this user broke.

Too many members like this lately. Too many “report” button uses. Too much wasted time.

•••
You took my domain for free so shut up

•••
I’m still counting how many forum rules this user broke.

Too many members like this lately. Too many “report” button uses. Too much wasted time.
You conspired with Amanda. Are you the moderator to say that I broke rules. How do you know? Because you leverage my not knowing to accuse me of shill bidding

•••
I put a domain for sale in wrong category.
I wanted to get offers on adjustreality.com
Hello,

Your intentions were clear to start an auction.

Before any edits, you posted:
AdjustReality.com $1 Start $35BIN
Auction ends 24hrs after last bid.
Registrar DropCatch.com
Expires 28/08/2020
Payment - PayPal

For reference, here it is:

It's not really possible to create an auction by accident because if your listing does not contain all of the necessary information to make it an auction, which must be deliberately added, then the auction will never begin and would be void.

Do you want to explain further?

•••
Because you leverage my not knowing to accuse me of shill bidding
You had a $35 BIN on your auction, and then a new account using your device posted a bid on your auction for "250."

What would you call that?

•••
Then they accused me of shill bidding

Because you were shill bidding. You very clearly operate the account @Trustgodhaha; we can see when the same person creates two accounts.

But sir what to do I do know, they said you are under investigation and restricted my account I had paid 100 dollars for it today

Then why was your BIN $35? The BIN is effectively the maximum price for which you can sell the domain.

They blackmail me

When you start an auction, it's effectively a contract. When you set the minimum bid to $1, you are agreeing to sell your domain for $1 if that's the final bid when the auction ends according to the terms. If you don't want to part with it for $1, don't set the minimum bid to $1.

•••
I had copied the auction page content from other auctions.
I didn't know how that works and also you have restricted my account to 3 posts per 45 minutes, thereby refusing me a chance to explain myself.
I am a newbie here and I was hurt emotionally by what had happened today I had just created my account today and that too gold account. I can understand your policy of fairness for all.
But I would like to point out that the domain adjustreality.com that I want to sell is now -
TRANSFERRED TO ORIGINAL BIDDER THAT MESSAGED AND ACCUSED ME OF SHILL BIDDING.
I don't know how your internal processes work but this is something that could be resolved by being less insulting.
Please consider that at this point of time I want my money back and my account deleted from this site along with my data.
Please Please help me, instead accusing me.

•••
•••
ACCUSED ME OF SHILL BIDDING

You were definitely shill bidding. That's when you create a second account to bid on your own auction, which is exactly what you did.

I am a newbie here and I was hurt emotionally by what had happened today I had just created my account today and that too gold account. I can understand your policy of fairness for all.

It's a contract. If you spend money with a credit card, then complain that you didn't know how a credit card works and want your money back, you don't get it back.

You are expected to follow through with your contract. If you didn't know what you were doing, you shouldn't have offered your domain for sale in the first place--you should've asked for help or done more research first.

The action that we typically take when an auction isn't followed through is to restrict the account. However, the agreement is ultimately between you and the winner, and the winner may choose to enforce the agreement through legal recourse. While I doubt that would happen over $1, it's important to keep in mind that there are real consequences for breaking a contract.

Nobody is blackmailing your or conspiring against you; these are our standard policies, and they're well-documented. However, by making a public thread about it, you're a lot more likely to get negative feedback from the rest of the community, which isn't going to feel nice. Our staff attempt to be impartial, but members have no obligation to do so, so they'll generally be more blunt.

I didn't know how that works and also you have restricted my account to 3 posts per 45 minutes, thereby refusing me a chance to explain myself.

Nobody is forcing you to defend yourself publicly--you could've easily contacted support by clicking the button in the lower-right corner of each webpage or emailing us. Even when your account is restricted, you should be able to contact us via that button. While we're generally not going to prevent you from requesting support publicly, you always have the option to do so privately if that's more comfortable for you.

Last edited:
•••
You were definitely shill bidding. That's when you create a second account to bid on your own auction, which is exactly what you did.

It's a contract. If you spend money with a credit card, then complain that you didn't know how a credit card works and want your money back, you don't get it back.

You are expected to follow through with your contract. If you didn't know what you were doing, you shouldn't have offered your domain for sale in the first place--you should've asked for help or done more research first.

The action that we typically take when an auction isn't followed through is to restrict the account. However, the agreement is ultimately between you and the winner, and the winner may choose to enforce the agreement through legal recourse. While I doubt that would happen over $1, it's important to keep in mind that there are real consequences for breaking a contract.

Nobody is blackmailing your or conspiring against you; these are our standard policies, and they're well-documented. However, by making a public thread about it, you're a lot more likely to get negative feedback from the rest of the community, which isn't going to feel nice. Our staff attempt to be impartial, but members have no obligation to do so, so they'll generally be more blunt.

Nobody is forcing you to deal with this publicly--you could've easily contacted support by clicking the button in the lower-right corner of each webpage or emailing us. Even when your account is restricted, you should be able to contact us via that button.
I don't want to argue any further.
Please stop with authority and superiority complex, hope you never get in a situation like this Mr.Paul,
just please refund my gold account back.
@blank has already taken the domain from me, even though @Trustgodhaha had put a higher bid but didn't contact me, when I checked his account had been closed.

PLEASE REFUND MY GOLD ACCOUNT MONEY BACK!

You are talking with the wrong guy.
You should even ask @blank but be fair and give the domain back.

•••
•••
You had a $35 BIN on your auction, and then a new account using your device posted a bid on your auction for "250."

What would you call that?

:xf.rolleyes:

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back