NameSilo

NameLiquidate.com Liquidation Platform (Official Thread)

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
NamecheapNamecheap
Watch

DanSanchez

Templars.comTop Member
Impact
3,572
NameLiquidate.com is a liquidation platform for domainers, registrars, and wholesale buyers of domains. The market was carefully crafted from an idea on Dec. 3rd 2019 - Completed within 30 days, and has been a work-in-progress since.

You can read the origins of this idea and the subsequent discussions that took place between December 3 2019 to March 8 2020.
https://www.namepros.com/threads/do...m-seeking-input-for-new-epik-project.1166450/

We hope to further develop this liquidation market to help domain investors recover precious capital for other renewals or reinvestments. Our intention is to capitalize on the underutilized and often ignored, expiry stream. Those domains which eventually end up in the hands of big domain houses for resale, with no compensation to the previous registrant/owner.

You will see regular updates and notifications on this thread.

Personal note from @DanSanchez: My original intent was to help expiring domains become more liquid and to pass on the capital back to the original registrant at Epik. Since it's inception, NameLiquidate has evolved into a full liquidation platform for new, expiring, and aged domains. I hope to see participation here, questions and doubts will also be welcomed.

My future goal is to invite more registrars to send their expiry stream through NameLiquidate, compensate their previous registrants, and to foster a cooperative attitude for long-term relationships. ​

Please contact support here, by DM, or via our support chat at Epik.

NameLiquidate FAQ:

Nameliquidate.com/faq

NameLiquidate API Documentation
https://docs.userapi.epik.com/v2/#/Liquidate/liquidateAddDomain

Product Manager @DanSanchez

Twitter: @NameLiquidate
 
21
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
A number of my NameSilo regged expiring domains, even though not sold on NameLiquidate, got new owners after expiration as pre-release domains. NameSilo pre-release bidding starts with just $1 (+ renewal fee). As such, it may well be that, for these domains, even $9 min. NameLiquidate bid was too expensive.

I beleive that $9 is well balanced value for basic NameLiquidate purposes. No changes required. A solution may be an option to have unsold domains subsequently listed in BARGAINS section with up to $1 (or any other) low BIN. I do not care much about $1 or so income, but, I actively do not like the whole situation where my expiring domains are being sold by any registrar without compensation...
 
5
•••
Is there any way to "watch" the names I'm interested in? Like bookmark it somehow so I can check back and purchase later?
 
Last edited:
5
•••
I like the idea.

Just going to give this a try with a few names ( see my signature if anyone's interested )
 
Last edited:
1
•••
A question, I sold one on nameliquidate and payment appeared in masterbucks

Can I use that masterbucks credits to buy on epik?
 
2
•••
A question, I sold one on nameliquidate and payment appeared in masterbucks

Can I use that masterbucks credits to buy on epik?

How can I transfer masterbucks to "in store credit" ?

I really find the interface of epik
:zippermouth: ... confusing
 
2
•••
Some registrars do not have AUTHCODE for 15 days, 5 days or 7 days. Buyers have marked the domain name. What should I do if the AUTHCODE is invalid during the transfer? Can the seller submit the AUTHCODE again?

If the transfer fails, we will request the auth code again. But the system does check for auth code validity once very day.

First email, which is generated and sent to the seller after the sale, is misleading:

If you're familiar with the transfer process, you can commence a transfer to your own Epik account now. Normally this means visiting the current registrar to unlock the domain and obtain the authorization code. Next purchase a transfer for <> at Epik.com. (Note that this process differs for some domain endings (TLDs).)

It is well-known that the transfer fee for external nameliquidate domains is paid by the buyer.

NameLiquidate might want to assign a separate support email for both buyers and sellers. I had an issue once (my domain sold, the above quoted notification received, but no transfer was initiated). I noticed this after ~3 hours and emailed support@ , as I sincerely wanted to expedite the transfer as always. No response was received. Radio silence. Even though the issue was later fixed, either by itself or maybe somebody read my email, one would expect at least some sort of response - which never happened. It is unfortunate. Yes I know that I might send a PM to @Rob Monster or @DanSanchez instead, but NP is not a routine tech support channel, is it?

Apologies for the wrong email there, we have a few different emails generated. Can you forward that to my email so I can shoot it up the dev chain? Daniel at Epik

You can also ping me if you run into issues during the buying or selling process. But the system runs automatically. We recently implemented daily auth code checks to avoid a lost transfer.
A number of my NameSilo regged expiring domains, even though not sold on NameLiquidate, got new owners after expiration as pre-release domains. NameSilo pre-release bidding starts with just $1 (+ renewal fee). As such, it may well be that, for these domains, even $9 min. NameLiquidate bid was too expensive.

I beleive that $9 is well balanced value for basic NameLiquidate purposes. No changes required. A solution may be an option to have unsold domains subsequently listed in BARGAINS section with up to $1 (or any other) low BIN. I do not care much about $1 or so income, but, I actively do not like the whole situation where my expiring domains are being sold by any registrar without compensation...
Totally agree there, something is better than nothing. I will bring this up to devs and see if we can make the reserve price below the current minimum to encourage voluntary super bargains as low as $1.

Is there any way to "watch" the names I'm interested in? Like bookmark it somehow so I can check back and purchase later?

There is no watch list, yet. I hope we can implement that during the next dev push. It was part of the original design in fact. We prioritized the bidding and reserve systems.

You can use the bidding system as a watch list now, and would encourage you to. I know it's in our best interest to get names as cheap as possible, but given the direct nature of capital transfer from domainer to domainer, we should all be bidding more often.

A question, I sold one on nameliquidate and payment appeared in masterbucks

Can I use that masterbucks credits to buy on epik?

Yes, during checkout you can use Masterbucks as a choice. To link it to your Epik account you just need to be logged in at Epik.com and go to Masterbucks.com
How can I transfer masterbucks to "in store credit" ?

I really find the interface of epik
:zippermouth: ... confusing

Sorry Frank, can you see your Masterbucks balance when you check out? You can transfer Masterbucks to account credit by doing this:

1. Log into Epik
2. Find the "Masterbucks and account credit" page from the drop down.
3. Click on "add funds"
4. Takes you here https://registrar.epik.com/account/add-balance-funds/
5. Add how much you want and check out using Masterbucks as an option of payment. It is instantly paid.
 
3
•••
1
•••
If the transfer fails, we will request the auth code again. But the system does check for auth code validity once very day.



Apologies for the wrong email there, we have a few different emails generated. Can you forward that to my email so I can shoot it up the dev chain? Daniel at Epik

You can also ping me if you run into issues during the buying or selling process. But the system runs automatically. We recently implemented daily auth code checks to avoid a lost transfer.

Totally agree there, something is better than nothing. I will bring this up to devs and see if we can make the reserve price below the current minimum to encourage voluntary super bargains as low as $1.



There is no watch list, yet. I hope we can implement that during the next dev push. It was part of the original design in fact. We prioritized the bidding and reserve systems.

You can use the bidding system as a watch list now, and would encourage you to. I know it's in our best interest to get names as cheap as possible, but given the direct nature of capital transfer from domainer to domainer, we should all be bidding more often.



Yes, during checkout you can use Masterbucks as a choice. To link it to your Epik account you just need to be logged in at Epik.com and go to Masterbucks.com


Sorry Frank, can you see your Masterbucks balance when you check out? You can transfer Masterbucks to account credit by doing this:

1. Log into Epik
2. Find the "Masterbucks and account credit" page from the drop down.
3. Click on "add funds"
4. Takes you here https://registrar.epik.com/account/add-balance-funds/
5. Add how much you want and check out using Masterbucks as an option of payment. It is instantly paid.


not into
but out of
 
0
•••
we should all be bidding more often

Only with hidden bids. They are public now. On domain details page. Was discussed earlier. As such, NameLiquidate is explicitly asking buyers not to bid - why make your interest public?

Can you forward that to my email so I can shoot it up the dev chain? Daniel at Epik
Will PM now
Edit:
Appears to be fixed already. The last sale email was OK:

The system will initiate domain transfer to buyer account automatically. No action required from you side. The transfer process can take about 5 days. Once the domain arrives in buyer account Epik the funds will be deposited in your MasterBucks account.
 
Last edited:
1
•••
FYI, when you buy on NameLiquidate and the name gets transferred to Epik the push option is still getting blocked for 60 days so the only way to push it is by going through support. Not that support isn't great and I don't mind a chat but it'd be nice to get this sorted as NL grows.
 
4
•••
FYI, when you buy on NameLiquidate and the name gets transferred to Epik the push option is still getting blocked for 60 days so the only way to push it is by going through support. Not that support isn't great and I don't mind a chat but it'd be nice to get this sorted as NL grows.

We can waive that limit for verified accounts.

What we mainly safeguard against is someone buying a domain with a bad credit card and disappearing with the domain. It happens.
 
6
•••
Maybe answered somewhere else, but if you sell a name on NL is there a way to see it in the dashboard? Or is it elsewhere?
 
2
•••
Maybe answered somewhere else, but if you sell a name on NL is there a way to see it in the dashboard? Or is it elsewhere?

Not yet, are you having issues with finding which names you sold on NL? Every time a sale happens, you will receive an email notification.
 
2
•••
Not yet, are you having issues with finding which names you sold on NL? Every time a sale happens, you will receive an email notification.
Not yet but was curious.
 
1
•••
We can waive that limit for verified accounts.

What we mainly safeguard against is someone buying a domain with a bad credit card and disappearing with the domain. It happens.

Thanks for the reasoning as to why it is that way. I'm amazed by your level of engagement everytime!
 
3
•••
Not yet, are you having issues with finding which names you sold on NL? Every time a sale happens, you will receive an email notification.

If I'm not mistaking its also listed in your account payment history or credit overview.
 
2
•••
If I'm not mistaking its also listed in your account payment history or credit overview.
Right you are! Inside of Masterbucks account transaction history too.
 
2
•••
@DanSanchez
How many Masterbucks are in existence? Does Epik back up these financially or is it its sister company Masterbucks that backs them financially?
 
1
•••
@DanSanchez
How many Masterbucks are in existence? Does Epik back up these financially or is it its sister company Masterbucks that backs them financially?

Epik Inc is a registrar owned by Epik Holdings Inc.

As of today Masterbucks is a DBA of Epik Holdings Inc.

Anonymize, Inc, DNEncrypt, Inc and Toki, Inc are all subsidiaries of Epik Holding, Inc.
 
2
•••
Found me another bargain a couple of days ago.

O/n/t/w/i/k/k/e/l/a/a/r in king

Meaning developer in Dutch. Not bad for a 19 year old domain and spending just $16 including transfer.

Not sure yet whether I'll keep this one for resale or personal use but there are definitely gems to be found.
 
6
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back