Dynadot

NameJet swaps Enom with NetworkSolutions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Is NameJet partnering with NetworkSolutions a good move?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Arfy

Shrew.comTop Member
Impact
I have just received an email from NameJet informing their customers that beginning in October, domains submitted to NameJet for sale via the Direct Lister program will be provisioned through Network Solutions. For domains already listed that are set to close in October and beyond, they will reach out to the sellers directly to work through the process.

Therefore, you will need a Network Solutions account to list domains with NameJet going forward.

Personally, I prefer Enom as I have sold a few domains through NameJet and transferring/ receiving through enom has been painless. Any delays have usually been due to the seller or buyer.

What are your thoughts on this? Attached a poll to capture your opinions.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
To me it's a welcomed development on personal ground because I have a lot of domains there and the cost of transfer is below that of Enom. Though it's above industry average.

Last edited:
•••
For me it makes no difference. Because I read in the newsletter link that says:
Transfer your Domain to Network Solutions® Today for Only $9.99* And Get A Free One Year Extension.
This is a big relief to me to because Network Solutions fees were horrible earlier.
Another big drawback from Network Solution is their lousy Customer Service. I hope they will improve their performance, quickly respond to the the customer needs. They must attend to our queries within 24 hours maximum.

•••
If you're actually selling domains, you would stop just because you have to transfer to Registrar B instead of Registrar A? That just doesn't make sense. I saw buying mentioned, they already go to various places. When I buy at NJ or Snap, they go here, here and there and other places. Most of the time I have no idea, don't check, don't care, because I transfer out to the registrar of my choice when I can.

•••
If you're actually selling domains, you would stop just because you have to transfer to Registrar B instead of Registrar A? That just doesn't make sense. I saw buying mentioned, they already go to various places. When I buy at NJ or Snap, they go here, here and there and other places. Most of the time I have no idea, don't check, don't care, because I transfer out to the registrar of my choice when I can.

Hmm maybe so but you usually have to send your domain to your own account at Enom (now NetworkSolutions) and then after a short period they transfer the domain from there to the buyers account. You only get paid once the domain gets to the buyers account. The same is true when you are on the opposite side of the transaction. So if I am buying or selling a 5 figure domain from NameJet, it will be in the NetworkSolutions account for a period of time. You say you transfer out when you can but I've heard some bad press regarding people losing their premium domains at that registrar and bad customer service when trying to get issues resolved. Not saying they are bad as I have no personal experience with them but would be good to get opinions, hence the poll.

Last edited:
•••
Hmm maybe so but you usually have to send your domain to your own account at Enom (now NetworkSolutions) and then after a short period they transfer the domain from there to the buyers account. You only get paid once the domain gets to the buyers account. The same is true when you are on the opposite side of the transaction. So if I am buying or selling a 5 figure domain from NameJet, it will be in the NetworkSolutions account for a period of time. I've heard some bad press regarding people losing their domains at that registrar. Not saying they are bad as I have no personal experience with them but would be good to get opinions, hence the poll.

When buying, it'll be in the account the same amount of time as any other registrar. I have had a lot of names I won end up at NetSol, I just transfer them out when the 60 days is up. It is a little slower, they don't give you the auth code right away but they call get transferred over.

When selling, again, it's just transfer to Registrar B, instead of Registrar A.

•••
When buying, it'll be in the account the same amount of time as any other registrar. I have had a lot of names I won end up at NetSol, I just transfer them out when the 60 days is up. It is a little slower, they don't give you the auth code right away but they call get transferred over.

When selling, again, it's just transfer to Registrar B, instead of Registrar A.

Fair enough, thanks for the input. I have a few domains I might list but they are 5 to 6 figures in resale value. I'm always cautious when dealing with new parties that have a controversial past. I wonder if there should be a new independent rating system for registrars like the Standard & Poor's or Moody's credit ratings for banks:)

•••

Very true, I think Net Sol has such a bad reputation in domainer circles that it's creating this uncomfortable feeling for some. But there was no real choice I guess, I mean ENOM expiring goes to GoDaddy now. Web.com going to keep things with their own properties.

•••
Well I am happy with this, all my junks are there at Netsol (some maybe gold) so yeah. I am going to start using NJ again.

I had no problems with them in this whole year. When ever I called them they picked my phone and done there best. None of my name's got stolen (maybe none worth to stole) Whenever I needed Auth code I called them and got that.

I have sold as much as 50+ domains to other domainers many of them preferred to transfer out and they get it transferred out.

ImmersivePlus recently transferred out.

•••
Well I am happy with this, all my junks are there at Netsol (some maybe gold) so yeah. I am going to start using NJ again.

I had no problems with them in this whole year. When ever I called them they picked my phone and done there best. None of my name's got stolen (maybe none worth to stole) Whenever I needed Auth code I called them and got that.

I have sold as much as 50+ domains to other domainers many of them preferred to transfer out and they get it transferred out.

ImmersivePlus recently transferred out.

+1

•••
First time transferring to Netsol (from GoDaddy) after some sales, anybody else having issues?

Got the email where you have the Click To Provide link where it takes you to a page to input the auth code, it was blank. This is with Firefox browser. So started Live Chat, it was suggested I use Chrome and with Chrome I could see the form to input code. I input code and got an error and to contact support. I was already in Live Chat so just gave them the code and they did it manually, that worked. But I really don't want to use Live Chat every time. I will say the person in Live Chat was very helpful, didn't have to wait long or anything like that.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back