Dynadot

UDRP Namecheapx.com UDRP: Namesilo threatened with “retaliation”

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
The registrant of the domain name Namecheapx.com received a UDRP notice by the domain’s registrar, Namesilo.
In the process, the registrant threatened to retaliate against Namesilo, after building a web site passing off as Namecheap.
It was a slam dunk win for Namecheap, that registered its mark NAMECHEAP in 2012.
Final decision: Transfer the domain Namecheapx.com to the Complainant.
Read More.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The registrant of the domain name Namecheapx.com received a UDRP notice by the domain’s registrar, Namesilo.
In the process, the registrant threatened to retaliate against Namesilo, after building a web site passing off as Namecheap.
It was a slam dunk win for Namecheap, that registered its mark NAMECHEAP in 2012.
Final decision: Transfer the domain Namecheapx.com to the Complainant.
Read More.
It is super risky to ever do that one domain since 2000 and the x domains since 2020. This is not something I would do. No idea what will happen to namesilo or owner but I wish both them luck.

•••
Would've been funny if they registered and hosted the domain on namecheap.

•••
•••
What a loss of profit in UDRP fees (earned after selling hundreds of domains to customers).
Unnecessary loss of reputation for both parties.

I hope some free PR / mentions will compensate for that.

Isn't there any way to automatically cancel/suspend that domain before/while registering?

•••
What a loss of profit in UDRP fees (earned after selling hundreds of domains to customers).
Unnecessary loss of reputation for both parties.

I hope some free PR / mentions will compensate for that.

Isn't there any way to automatically cancel/suspend that domain before/while registering?
That would make no sense and be illegal.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back