Dynadot

Namecheap's New Marketplace Launch!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

tamar

VIP Member
Namecheap
Impact
Hi all - I wanted to share that Namecheap is pleased to announce that we’ve launched the Namecheap Market, a new dedicated platform for in-house auctions and Buy It Now listings.

It’s the perfect place to discover untapped domain names, expand your domain portfolio, or help you name that new project or startup.

Currently, there are over 300,000 running auctions and millions of Buy it Now listings to peruse.
Searching for new domain names has never been easier.

Please reply to the thread with feedback and comments!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi all - I wanted to share that Namecheap is pleased to announce that we’ve launched the Namecheap Market, a new dedicated platform for in-house auctions and Buy It Now listings.

It’s the perfect place to discover untapped domain names, expand your domain portfolio, or help you name that new project or startup.

Currently, there are over 300,000 running auctions and millions of Buy it Now listings to peruse.
Searching for new domain names has never been easier.

Please reply to the thread with feedback and comments!

is the listing at namecheap market exclusive for domain registered at namecheap OR its allowed to list domains that registered at different registrar ??

•••
Nice to see usernames not on the sales lander as seller.
Is CamelCasing option available?

•••
is the listing at namecheap market exclusive for domain registered at namecheap OR its allowed to list domains that registered at different registrar ??

At the present, the only domains listed need to be with Namecheap.

Nice to see usernames not on the sales lander as seller.
Is CamelCasing option available?
Can you elaborate on what you mean?

•••
The first letter of each word Capitalized
See my username as example.

Last edited:
•••
The first letter of each word Capitalized
For my edification - wouldn't that be a poor user experience? Do people type in domains like that and would it make a difference? Can't that be configured if desired? NamePros.com is the same as namepros.com so I guess I'm just trying to understand what you mean.

•••
1639497031230.png

1639497044718.png

This is necessary to stop scammers from selling domains like LNSURE.com (in lowercase it looks like it's Insure.com)

This auction is a perfect example:
https://www.sav.com/auctions/details/550422/lnfluencer.io
Domain is LNFLUENCER.io

Last edited:
•••
Got it - not right now, but it's good feedback! Thanks.

•••
I like how it shows the domain age and some other statistics now. However, I have a couple of suggestions:

1. I'd like to be able to instantly adjust selling prices without canceling the listing and waiting for a new one to appear.
2. It was definitely easier to sell domains back when each listing appeared on the marketplace homepage as time was running out before it expired.

•••
Anyone here sold any name on this Market place?

•••
I like how it shows the domain age and some other statistics now. However, I have a couple of suggestions:

1. I'd like to be able to instantly adjust selling prices without canceling the listing and waiting for a new one to appear.
2. It was definitely easier to sell domains back when each listing appeared on the marketplace homepage as time was running out before it expired.

More is coming to enhance the seller experience, so thank you for the feedback.

•••
Thanks, I'm glad to hear it.

Yes, I have been able to sell a number of domains on this marketplace, mostly two-word .COMs.

•••
Do you have your own landing pages? If yes, what name servers do we need to use, and can you give us an example?

•••
u should work on yer ui and pricing instead

•••
Do you have your own landing pages? If yes, what name servers do we need to use, and can you give us an example?

Not yet, these will be coming soon.

•••
the actual solution i found is by creating a new URL Redirect Record toward the link of the domain you are listing
www. namecheap .com /market/buynow/example.com/
replace example.com by your domain name

Last edited:
•••
In my first 2 1/2 years of domaining, I sold several domains (sometimes as many as 10) every month that way. With the new marketplace, I've sold just one domain since November. :xf.frown:

•••
@tamar

I think in the new marketplace you are only thinking about yourself.
1. You have merged your " auction " section with the "buy now " section .
So selling domains has become harder for sellers.

2. You also removed the username from the sales page, which also reduces sales. Because in the previous market I had regular customers who bought multiple domains by clicking on username.

•••
Thanks for the feedback, I'm passing on everything I get to improve the platform.

•••
I dont want username on any page.
Thats half my login info. Thats why I never used namecheap market before.

Last edited:
•••
@tamar
Now, There is more Than 19 million domains in buy now marketplace, Are these domains registered in Namecheap?And it's is strange because somtimes it's about 57000 domains and sometimes 19 million.

•••
@point2021: we recently added aftermarket domains from our partners (Afternic&Sedo), which is why it was previously 57k.

•••
So it actually features Afternic listed domains, but their price is higher in the marketplace, it makes no sense.

•••
The pricing should be the same. What you are seeing is a possible delay with pricing synchronization. Let me know specifically what the domains are and I'll pass it on.

•••
@point2021: we recently added aftermarket domains from our partners (Afternic&Sedo), which is why it was previously 57k.
My sales dropped to 1/5 after your new market .And with adding aftermarket domains I think my sale will be zero and most of my 500 domains will expired.Many sellers in Namecheap like me can't sell more domains,And If we did not sell domains can't buy new domains.

•••
Back