IT.COM

Namecheap Marketplace Now Integrated?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Bob Hawkes

Top Member
NameTalent.com
Impact
I just noticed that some of the domain names I have listed on the Namecheap Marketplace now show up in the regular Namecheap registration search as premium domains that can be instantly purchased with their cart. For those unfamiliar with their system, it used to be that you needed to go to the Namecheap Marketplace and do a separate and (much slower) search there. This was a major disadvantage.

I have not seen a notice of this change, but if it really is true that they are migrating to a system with one integrated search for both new registration and Marketplace domain names that will be a huge plus. While I have liked the Namecheap Marketplace and used it extensively, one negative was that many potential customers would look only in the main search where they were presented with an 'unavailable' listing when really the domain was listed on their Marketplace.

I have not figured out which domain names are currently implemented in the integrated 'premium' set of listings. It seems that the price needs to be at least above maybe $75 but that alone is not enough to get listed there. On my own names, for example, I found that prospecting.space was listed and CRISPR.science as well, but dividend.site was not, for example.

Here is a link to show how it works in action:
https://www.namecheap.com/domains/registration/results.aspx?domain=prospecting.space

Has anyone seen a news announcement that provides more details?

Bob

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have not figured out which domain names are currently implemented in the integrated 'premium' set of listings. It seems that the price needs to be at least above maybe $75 but that alone is not enough to get
Bob

Further investigation shows that the price does not need to be as high as I indicated - I see that one of mine at $10 shows up (meteoroid.stream).

Last edited:
•••
Do your names need to be at NameCheap to be listed in NameCheap marketplace?

•••
•••
For me sometime in the last 7 days Namecheap Marketplace has had a change and it won't seem to let listing of items for sale (those already listed are fine). I have contacted assistance and they have now forwarded it to their engineering department. Do others have the same problem? (For me when I click Sell This Domain it takes me to a site that no longer allows most fields to be filled in - It's not that I don't know have to do it, have listed a hundred or so domains in the past year, and have sold 16 at their Marketplace, this is some new development).

•••
For me sometime in the last 7 days Namecheap Marketplace has had a change and it won't seem to let listing of items for sale (those already listed are fine). I have contacted assistance and they have now forwarded it to their engineering department. Do others have the same problem? (For me when I click Sell This Domain it takes me to a site that no longer allows most fields to be filled in - It's not that I don't know have to do it, have listed a hundred or so domains in the past year, and have sold 16 at their Marketplace, this is some new development).
I just now typed in their domain search a name that I registered a few weeks ago and have for sale but it is not listed on their marketplace. The result showed up with "Make Offer" and an offer form appeared.

I am thinking of listing my names on Namecheap's marketplace, but only want offers. I don't want to publish a buy now price. Do you know if they allow that now?

•••
I just now typed in their domain search a name that I registered a few weeks ago and have for sale but it is not listed on their marketplace. The result showed up with "Make Offer" and an offer form appeared.

I am thinking of listing my names on Namecheap's marketplace, but only want offers. I don't want to publish a buy now price. Do you know if they allow that now?

Hmmm... as far as I know the only option is with a Buy It Now price. When you fill out the form to list they don't allow submission until you put in a price. I have never encountered what you saw.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back