Dynadot

DigitalJournal: New Domain Name Marketplace offering 0% Commission

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WillW

Upgraded Member
Impact
Five hours ago, the news site Digital Journal reported that there's a new domain name aftermarket that's offering 0% commission.

"EmpowerPioneers.com has launched 0% commission fee Premium Domain marketplace with a listing fee of $25, challenging GoDaddy, Afternic, SEDO.com, and NameCheap and other marketplace brokerages charging 10%-25% and their listing fees of up to $100 or more"

With 0% commission, Empower Pioneers believes it could be a serious challenger to GoDaddy, Sedo, and others.

Here's the full Story.

I personally have never heard of them before this story.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This looks like a news website with a tab for a jumbled up ad ridden marketplace.
I had to do a double take to make sure i've visited the right site.
No disrespect, but what parts of this is competing with Godaddy, Dan etc?

Squadhelp charged to list $5 i think idk...but how does $25 beat that?
And the site is not even dedicated to selling domains?
Unless you guys do some massive marketing or brokering.. idk how anything sells there?
And it's 0% commission.. so that's some good motivation to market our names.

It looks dedicated to get some adsense clicks...

Some Listings with asking prices..
naturalcolloids.com$1,200,000Make Offer or Buy Nowiphonetexter.com$950,000Make Offer or Buy Nowapennyperclick.com$240,000Make Offer or Buy Nowinstantjabber.com$2,000,000

Many domainers on namepros, as shown by the request section.. wont even buy a good name for $25.
So if they even list one of their domains for $25, then you can imagine what outrageous prices they will ask for. As you can see above.

This even looks bad for digitalJournal.com... I'll assume they didn't look on the site they are promoting.
I'll assume they got paid, so they just posted the article for the owner of the site.

Last edited:
•••
Yeah I thought the same thing. The $25 listing seemed high.

•••
Awful website, awful name, awful inventory. I’ve been domaining for almost a decade and have never heard of the “international domain brokers” involved.

Conveniently the $25 fee doesn’t include the disbursement of funds, as if people haven’t already been using PayPal to buy and sell on Namepros for years.

Good luck to them, but this is starting off pretty badly, regardless of what a cheap press release says.

•••
Looks like a money-making blog and they just slapped on a domain marketplace for publicity.

•••
Agreed.
I've never heard of EmpowerPioneers before. Looked up domain news on google after work and it was the first thing to pop up. Wanted to post it here to see if anyone else saw it.

I personally don't think the $25 listing thing will fly but I guess in 6-12 months we'll see what's up.

•••
that is a new try!
hoping they will grow fast!

•••
Just read this on their website:

" David Cohen a San Francisco based broker for Silicon Valley companies thinks that by the end of 2024, the commission rates will come down by as much as half. “I have clients who are negotiating to purchase some of the high end domain names we represent. These domains, like Writersviews.com, BitcoinSecureATM.com, or Botanicalmarvel.com are highly sought domain names, but if the seller has to pay 20% – then, at some point the negotiation goes into idle mode and both buyer and seller procrastinate. We had an offer for PhonePayment.com priced at $2 million, but the buyer wanted the seller to reduce the price by $250,000 to $1.75 million. The buyer was ready to pay and buy, if price was reduced. The sale would have happened if the negotiation was done outside the large marketplaces and on a platform that did not charge up to 25% commission.”

•••
I just clicked their "add domain to inventory" and this popped up.

List Domain Name In Marketplace​

$25.00

(Per Month)
  • Marketplace homepage listing and featured promotion
  • Social media promoted
  • Blog feature
Domain Listing in EmpowerPioneers.com Marketplace. Once your order has been received, we will contact you to authenticate ownership (or right to sell), and we will post your domain name with contact arrangements.

It's $25 PER month.

Seems like the whole marketplace is a marketing gimmick.
Yeah...they're not going to challenge anyone.

Maybe the mods should change this to an alert.

Last edited:
•••
It's $25 a MONTH! $300 per year! Domain List not even alphabetized or categorized!

•••
the website design donot seem friendly,
and they should choose my domain: SuperPioneer.com
lol

•••
u need class in naming101

•••
Its a scam obviously. There are some options that will be coming by known entities in domaining community. Wait for those.

•••
$0 Commission Marketplace. Possible.
There must be a way they monetize the traffic. Come straight, instead of the click bait.

•••
Just read this on their website:

" David Cohen a San Francisco based broker for Silicon Valley companies thinks that by the end of 2024, the commission rates will come down by as much as half. “I have clients who are negotiating to purchase some of the high end domain names we represent. These domains, like Writersviews.com, BitcoinSecureATM.com, or Botanicalmarvel.com are highly sought domain names, but if the seller has to pay 20% – then, at some point the negotiation goes into idle mode and both buyer and seller procrastinate. We had an offer for PhonePayment.com priced at $2 million, but the buyer wanted the seller to reduce the price by $250,000 to $1.75 million. The buyer was ready to pay and buy, if price was reduced. The sale would have happened if the negotiation was done outside the large marketplaces and on a platform that did not charge up to 25% commission.”
Do you have the contact info for David Cohen ?

I am unable to find him online or LinkedIn

Thanks

•••
Back