IT.COM

NameCheap selling XYZ again

NameSilo
Watch

usernamex

Top Member
Impact
While looking at NameCheap twitter for details about their upcoming specials, there was a tweet about XYZ

Register 99 cents
Renew $7.88
Transfer $10.88

Curious when this occurred and what happened to change their mind.

Click to Enlarge

np-ss-ncheap-xyz-99cents-10-05-2017.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
(y) wow, any idea about the reason why they re-selling?

•••
OK so looking back, it was almost exactly a year ago that they stopped selling XYZ. **Total Speculation Guess** The only thing I can think of would be they had multiple issues with spam complaints from all the super discounts of the June 2016 sales, when they were a penny to around 18 cents. Now any domains registered during that time have finally expired and gone through deletion, so maybe it was finally safe for them to offer XYZ again at prices comparable to other registrars?

If anyone knows for sure or asks support let us know!

They do have the best renewal cost, so for hand regs, they now beat out any other 99 cent offer. Maybe they will have a transfer special that beats $8.50 also : fingers crossed :

•••
not interest with .xyz
many 1 word in premium price.

•••
Thanks to @usernamex always bring helpful information, also @luantt I love your website :)
I like Namecheap, they provide best customer service. Always very kind and fast team!
Have only few .xyz for now, not sure if it teasing.. :xf.grin: except "Hillary" that I got from auction here in NP.
BTW @eko prasetio how're you doing'?

•••
•••
@Adam27 - ok guess they changed their tune

Last edited:
•••
I like Namecheap, they provide best customer service. Always very kind and fast team!
I will have to disagree - I can't withdraw $35 from sold names (website shows error) after a few back and forth their support sent me a link to some random adware to "fix" my computer O_o
Finally after 5 months of silence they updated the ticked admitting it's their fault and they are working on a fix but there's no ETA :facepalm:

Last edited:
•••
I am sorry to hear that, hopefully it won't happen to me if my domain sold there.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back