Domain Empire

Namecheap not listening again (domain push problems)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

This week I have sold a few domains and none of the 4 buyers was a NC member. So, I have told them to open a NC account and they all did. The problem is, with all 4 of them I had problem pushing the domain. When I try to push I receive this error message:

Opps! We are unable to push the domain into another account. Please try again later. Reason is Listed below.

. Destination user xxx , doesn't have proper address in his/her profile. Contacts cannot be changed automatically. So, please change the contact information option and try again.

Then I had to contact each of them and explain how to change address details. This is lots of extra time, effort and delay for both sides.

As you see we have a situation where I'm trying to bring new costumers to NC and NC is trying to make it difficult for me. It would be so nice if they started listening to costumers for a change. I'm so tired of NC not listening to costumers and not correcting problems for ages.

What happened here is that NC made the address filling, part of domain registrations. But they have overlooked domain push.

When you create a new account at NC you have an account that looks like completely functional except people can not push a domain to you. Plus NC doesn't remind you if somebody is trying to push a domain and is not able to because missing contact info.

There are lots of instructional videos on NC help pages but there are none for address update. It is a little tricky especially for first time NC users to find the page where you update your address.

There are there possible solutions:
1. make the address filling, part of registration. When somebody completes registration show a note that says "Dear costumer you have completed registration but your address details are missing. This will prevent anybody pushing a domain to your account. If you would like to fill your address details please do so on this page."

2. Fill the fields with dashes until it is updated or put there NC's address or something else as long as it is functional.

3. When somebody tries to push a domain and it doesn't work, send an email to the receiver telling to update their contact info and explaining how to do this possibly by linking to a video that you should have among those videos under the help section.

4. Make the "organisation name" a non compulsory field.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back