IT.COM

discuss Namecheap Marketplace Listings -- Have you had success with this?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

LoveCatchyDomains

Daring to LiveTop Member
Impact
Have any of you had significant success with the Namecheap marketplace. My understanding is that one can only list BIN, not auction. And the sales have to be over $100 before you can actually withdrawal any funds. There does not appear to be an option for a real lander for one's domain. Nonetheless, if this is now the #2 registrar in the world in terms of registrations, perhaps it's worth a try?

If you have tried this venue, please share and discuss your experiences.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
namecheap does have auction and buy it now. several names listed there, no sales.

•••
I have had plenty of sales on Namecheap marketplace over the years, fairly regular too, like maybe 1-8 sales every 1-3 months depending on how many domains I have at Namecheap. However I have been using Namecheap for more than 7 years now and have never made a sale of more than $200 and even that happened only once. Low priced domains are what tend to sell best there (for me), usually my sales are in the $5 - $30 range. I mostly list domains that I don't want to keep on there and don't bother with higher priced domains (high xxx to xxxx). They charge a flat 10% commission on all sales.

Yes, you need to wait until you have accumulated at least $100 before you can request withdrawal by PayPal but at all times you can withdraw any amount you've earned from sales to your Namecheap balance to use for registering new domains, renewing existing ones etc.

Towards the end of last year, I contacted them to see if I could use auctions for my domains and they confirmed that only expired auctions were available for now. Users can only sell via BIN listings.

Unfortunately, they don't offer any landers which is a real shame in my opinion. A few years back I remember they had a free page builder tool which I used to create simple landers for some of my domains but I don't know if they still have this.

•••
I have had plenty of sales on Namecheap marketplace over the years, fairly regular too, like maybe 1-8 sales every 1-3 months depending on how many domains I have at Namecheap. However I have been using Namecheap for more than 7 years now and have never made a sale of more than $200 and even that happened only once. Low priced domains are what tend to sell best there (for me), usually my sales are in the $5 - $30 range.
Thank you so much for the comprehensive, thoughtful response.

How fast are the transactions once the sale is made? Is the payout within days or does it sometimes take weeks?
And did you ever list domains that you had from another registrar, or is it restricted only to Namecheap domains?

•••
Thank you so much for the comprehensive, thoughtful response.

How fast are the transactions once the sale is made? Is the payout within days or does it sometimes take weeks?
And did you ever list domains that you had from another registrar, or is it restricted only to Namecheap domains?
Your account will always get credited with the proceeds exactly 5 days after you get the sale confirmation email, I've never had any issue where the money is not available after 5 days (Namecheap server time).
If you go to the Namecheap menu on the left -> 'Profile' -> 'Billing', you'll see exactly how many days are left before the money is available to use.

You can't list domains from other registrars so it's only domains you have in your Namecheap account that you can sell on their marketplace.
Also there are no restrictions regarding 60 day registrar locked domains. So if you hand register a domain, you can list it the same day and have it sold and moved automatically to the buyers account, same goes for domains you just moved to your Namecheap account from another registrar.

•••
I have had plenty of sales on Namecheap marketplace over the years, fairly regular too, like maybe 1-8 sales every 1-3 months depending on how many domains I have at Namecheap. However I have been using Namecheap for more than 7 years now and have never made a sale of more than $200 and even that happened only once. Low priced domains are what tend to sell best there (for me), usually my sales are in the $5 - $30 range. I mostly list domains that I don't want to keep on there and don't bother with higher priced domains (high xxx to xxxx). They charge a flat 10% commission on all sales.

Yes, you need to wait until you have accumulated at least $100 before you can request withdrawal by PayPal but at all times you can withdraw any amount you've earned from sales to your Namecheap balance to use for registering new domains, renewing existing ones etc.

Towards the end of last year, I contacted them to see if I could use auctions for my domains and they confirmed that only expired auctions were available for now. Users can only sell via BIN listings.

Unfortunately, they don't offer any landers which is a real shame in my opinion. A few years back I remember they had a free page builder tool which I used to create simple landers for some of my domains but I don't know if they still have this.
namecheap does offer a parked page. it contains ads but does not state that the domain is for sale. clicking the domain name just refreshes the page. example...moneysure.co

•••
I have used them in the beginning of my domaining journey, i was successful in liquidating some domains on their marketplace, which then I used the sales money to renew or buy new better domains. I feel this is because when people come there they expect to buy Name Cheap that is what it tells them. imo
Now I m totally ignoring this registrar.

•••
Your account will always get credited with the proceeds exactly 5 days after you get the sale confirmation email, I've never had any issue where the money is not available after 5 days (Namecheap server time).
That's impressive reliability in terms of timely funds disbursement.
Also there are no restrictions regarding 60 day registrar locked domains. So if you hand register a domain, you can list it the same day and have it sold and moved automatically to the buyers account, same goes for domains you just moved to your Namecheap account from another registrar.
Like It!
namecheap does offer a parked page. it contains ads but does not state that the domain is for sale. clicking the domain name just refreshes the page.
Hopefully they will improve that, especially if they are receiving a large influx of domains from customers leaving other marketplaces. Their technical support folks no doubt have the ability to provide a template for the parked page to state "domain for sale." I wouldn't be suprised if they start providing actual landers with "for sale" notices, and become an even more formidible competitor in the domain aftermarket sales.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back