Dynadot

Namecheap Marketplace

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Erratic

Impact
Hello namePros,

How safe is it to purchase a domain from the Namecheap Marketplace? My friend said they do their due diligence when a purchase is made (to verify that the domain is being sold by the owner -- is this true?)

I have read some horrifying stories from Escrow so was wondering if anyone had any experience with Namecheap Marketplace.

Cheers,
E

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I believe that all domains at the NameCheap marketplace ARE at NameCheap. I've sold a few. Had no options. I think it's safe. Maybe someone else knows better.
The seller has to list them through the domain management page and not simply add them to the marketplace.

I don't know about their escrow.

•••
Yes, I believe domains listed on there are on the Namecheap registrar. So, do they do their checks before a sale is verified? Are Namecheap staff on here? Or anyone had any experience please. :)

•••
•••
I believe that all domains at the NameCheap marketplace ARE at NameCheap. I've sold a few. Had no options. I think it's safe. Maybe someone else knows better.
The seller has to list them through the domain management page and not simply add them to the marketplace.

I don't know about their escrow.

Yes, you can only sell NC domains.

You only sold domains via the MarcetPlace or you purchased domains as well?

•••
Yes, I believe domains listed on there are on the Namecheap registrar. So, do they do their checks before a sale is verified? Are Namecheap staff on here? Or anyone had any experience please. :)

Well... I sold (on NC) only one domain, a .club and it got abused by a spammer. NC did nothing so far, i submitted a FYI info ticket to the abuse & legal department but nothing ... just a boilerplate reply. (i also told them that the new owner/licensee's name and e-mail address are likely faked...).

But i got the 5 USD.

•••
Yes, you can only sell NC domains.

You only sold domains via the MarcetPlace or you purchased domains as well?
I've sold domains there... nothing expensive. I think $50 was my highest sale (for a .webcam)

•••
I've sold domains there... nothing expensive. I think $50 was my highest sale (for a .webcam)

(y)

You never had problems, like ... domains used for spamming after they got sold? Well... maybe the old owner/licensee shouldn't care. Are most people really putting content on the domain later?

Sorry for those n00bish questions....!

•••
(y)

You never had problems, like ... domains used for spamming after they got sold? Well... maybe the old owner/licensee shouldn't care. Are most people really putting content on the domain later?

(y)

Not that I know of. I don't typically check on sold domains. It's their right to do whatever they want with the domain after I get paid.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back