IT.COM

question How frequently do you adjust prices on your marketplace listings?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

LoveCatchyDomains

Daring to LiveTop Member
Impact
1) How often do you adjust prices on domain marketplace listings that have not received bids? Weekly? Monthly?
2) If you have BIN and Starting offer on these, do you generally decrease both, or only one of those prices first?
3) If the listing is on Afternic, do you also tend adjust the minimum sale negotiation price at the same time?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
1) Yearly, near the expiration
2) Increase if something has changed within the industry, or saw that name is undervalued, decrease if I plan on dropping now or soon.
3) Yes.

•••
I like to set it and forget it. However, as I sell domains related to others I still own, sometimes I will raise prices.

For the minimum price on Afternic, I am testing out a few different strategies and I'm not sure the best route just yet. Some of my names I have a $20-200 min. offer even if the buy price is over $1k. While others I have the minimum offer just 10-20% lower than the buy price. I've got another group where the minimum offer is the buy price too.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back