Dynadot

opinion Name some domains you think actually look BETTER as a gTLD than a dot com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Hootsifer

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
In addition you would have massive confusion since everyone would brand in a different way making it way harder to remember what the URL is.

It is very easy to remember Pinterest, Apple and Disney but again what was the extension they used?

Are you getting senile? Maybe you're having medical issues? Memory problems + confusion could be symptoms. Seriously.

Apple.tv

Disney.tv

Nike.shoes

Domains.google (Google.Domains is better imho)

Plenty more..

I haven't seen Samsung yet but hey they have had bigger things to worry about recently and what not

P.S. Use first person singular.

"we can all agree"

No we don't all agree.

Last edited:
•••
Are you getting senile? Maybe you're having medical issues? Memory problems + confusion could be symptoms. Seriously.

Apple.tv

Disney.tv

Nike.shoes

Domains.google (Google.Domains is better imho)

Plenty more..

I haven't seen Samsung yet but hey they have had bigger things to worry about recently and what not

P.S. Use first person singular.

"we can all agree"

No we don't all agree.

what are you talking about? these are business niches not their main business.

google.com is the moneymaker. how should they rebrand? don't avoid that question. they can't rebrand to a better URL even with their .google extension.

Apple is not a TV company. Apple is Apple.

Nike does not just sell shoes. Do they brand themselves as "Nike Shoes" in ads? No and there is a reason for that. also Nike.shoes is longer than Nike.com even longer when you need to add www.

www.Nike.shoes vs Nike.com - you are worsening not improving.

same with Porsche. does Porsche need Porsche.cars to tell everyone they make cars? No it's redundant and it just interferes with their Brand. it is also longer.

So why would they switch? Well there is no good reason to re-rebrand and switch that is the problem.

You would have to spend money and time to get something that is not used by your competitors and that is worse than what you previously used.

use real world examples of well-known brands and you will be surprised in how many cases re-branding using a new TLD would fail completely.

another example: Bing

bing.search, search.bing, s.bing, home.bing,, com.bing, bing.microsoft or just bing.com?

Last edited:
•••
.com is not superfluous what is superfluous is adding a descriptive word at the end of your brand.

a strong brand does not need to tell people the niche they are in. People don't need to be reminded or told what Walmart does. They don't need to know that Google is used to search the internet.

They don't need microsoft.software or geico.insurance

3 out of 4 are redirects to the .com and not active. Most likely defensive registrations.

So you have 1 example of a large brand using a new TLD for one of their less important operations in a case where the new TLD made sense as it was close to the brand name (Google Domains)

Last edited:
•••
Nobody is talking about rebranding: just if a gTLD looks better than the .com equivalent as per OP title

And the answer is yes in most cases.

You seem frustrated? desperate? .communist?

gTLDs are just simply better. More powerful, more evocative.

pretty soon it will be embarassing for companies not to have the best gTLDs in their niches

Last edited:
•••
Nobody is talking about rebranding: just if a gTLD looks better than the .com equivalent as per OP title

And the answer is yes in most cases.

I have shown above that trying to rebrand the average brand.com to .brand or .whatever results in a much worse URL and branding failure.

These were common real world examples by no means special or unique. That is what you get on average.

if you don't like that reality, I am sure the registries will sell you a different one for a nice yearly premium.

at least some of them are not in the domain business but in the business of selling dreams and excitement to investors.

•••
I have shown above that trying to rebrand the average brand.com to .brand or .whatever results in a much worse URL and branding failure

No you have not. You've proven the opposite. gTLDs look better if you know how to pick them.

Registries are digging their own grave if they insist on unreasonable premium renewals.

Here are some more common real world examples: .com crash

•••
No you have not. You've proven the opposite. gTLDs look better if you know how to pick them.

Registries are digging their own grave if they insist on unreasonable premium renewals.

Here are some more common real world examples: .com crash

you have simply picked a number of .coms that sold for less than what they had sold previously. there are many examples where the opposite is true. therefore your post is meaningless.

you can't pick a better domain than google.com or samsung.com. That is the point that i made and you don't seem to get this. brand.com does not do well with the new TLDs on average. The elephant in the room.

an obstacle you can not overcome.

yes and they are working hard on it. Why not let them finish their work?

Last edited:
•••
Name some domains you think actually look BETTER as a gTLD than a dot com
Work Group
Medic
Express
Pricing • Fyi

•••
You must have missed the part where Google rebranded to Alphabet and abc.xyz

Google.search is better than google.com
Google.news is better than news.google.com
G.mail is better than gmail.com
google.maps is better than maps.google.com

Above examples rendered your opinion irrelevant

.com is expiring until .com is extinct

.gtlds are inevitable

"change doesn't really care whether you like it or not. It doesn't need your permission."

•••
Google.search is better than google.com

:banghead: at least you are admitting that you are delusional.

put your head under cold water and open your eyes. it is not better.

You must have missed the part where Google rebranded to Alphabet and abc.xyz

Alphabet is the holding company not the consumer brand.

Do you think search.alphabet or google.alphabet would be better than google.com ?

Last edited:
•••
•••
at least you are admitting that you are delusional.

Are you an infant?

Because you seem to be the type to resort to insults in response to posts you dislike?

Last edited:
•••
Are you an infant?

Because seem to be the type to resort to insults in response to posts you dislike?

Can't wait to read your tantrums.

i made that post because it think that it is delusional. that is the best way to put it. it is a delusion.

It is also insulting but that was not the main intent. Interestingly you called me senile a few posts before which could also be viewed as insulting. don't care that much in that case.

Last edited:
•••
:banghead: at least you are admitting that you are delusional.

put your head under cold water and open your eyes. it is not better.

Alphabet is the holding company not the consumer brand.

Do you think search.alphabet would be better than google.com or google.alphabet?

Are you high or something?

This thread is not for you to blurt out your usual anti nGTLD Bullsh*t - the premise of this thread is CLEAR. What nGTLD's look better. You want to cry about nGTLD's and go on a .com worshipping rampage then start your own thread. Stop hijacking other peoples threads

Last edited:
•••
•••
Are you drunk on Kool-Aid?

Where you dropped much as a child?

For the 100000th time - not sure if you are unable to read and comprehend properly but as I have said over and over again. I am not anti .com most of my portfolio is .com but that does not mean I don't invest in nGTLD's as well. Some of which are currently under brokerage by one of the top 10 domain brokers in the industry. They don't simply take on domains they believe can not sell...

Bottom line is that this thread is not an opportunity for you to go on with your usual blah blah blah... start ur own anti-nGTLD thread instead of hijacking other peoples threads

•••

For the 100000th time - not sure if you are unable to read and comprehend properly but as I have said over and over again. I am not anti .com most of my portfolio is .com but that does not mean I don't invest in nGTLD's as well. Some of which are currently under brokerage by one of the top 10 domain brokers in the industry. They don't simply take on domains they believe can not sell...

Bottom line is that this thread is not an opportunity for you to go on with your usual blah blah blah... start ur own anti-nGTLD thread instead of hijacking other peoples threads

this wasn't the usual blah blah blah. i was explaining with real world examples why they don't look and work better.. for you it is all the same blah blah blah but it was targeted towards the content of this thread.

so it wasn't more off-topic than many other posts here. if you don't like it that's another story.

were you forced to start a sentence with a dot as child and punished if you didn't?

Last edited:
•••
this wasn't the usual blah blah blah. i was explaining with real world examples why they don't look and work better.. for you it is all the same blah blah blah but it was targeted towards the content of this thread.

so it wasn't more off-topic than many other posts here. if you don't like it that's another story.

Thread Title:

"You Think Actually Look Better"

It does not say: "Do some gTLD domains look better than dot com?"

•••
Thread Title:

"You Think Actually Look Better"

It does not say: "Do some gTLD domains look better than dot com?"

there are many examples of even more off-topic posts here but you don't care because they tell you what you want to hear. not sure why you want to make it seem i am the only one not staying strictly on topic.

Last edited:
•••
there are many examples of even more off-topic posts here but you don't care because they tell you what you want to hear. not sure why you want to make it seem i am the only one not staying strictly on topic.

So because everyone else is doing it then it's okay? I did not go through the whole thread I simply saw the comments on the last page. Furthermore, you have now done a complete 180 degree turn around, from initially trying to justify your comments as being totally on point and in keeping with the thread now you admit it was off topic after me pointing it out to you. So instead you resort to pointing fingers at everyone else...? Good form mate!

Last edited:
•••
into.one or into.com, which would have a better logo? Which one is better?
I think the .one looks far better than the .com it's why I grabbed it on day (pun not intended) one. I also think the domains that really make sense look better than the .coms do also, they are normally 4L or 4N shorter. then and again there are some look great but the extension is poor.... Thanks that's my 2 pennies :)

•••
GuitarParts.shop
GuitarPicks.shop
FantasyArt.World
FantasyArt.Shop

I have a dozen more like this, but this is my general way of thinking when I reg

•••
The domain

LETTER.ONE

letter.one

looks . d e f i n i t e l y . better than

LETTERONE.COM

letterone.com

in my opinion.

Last edited:
•••
craze.tv
drone.mobi
charity.network
embarkation.co.uk

•••
charity.network is better than charitynetwork.com i believed

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back