Watch

Daniel Mac Sweeney

DanielMacSweeney.comTop Member
Impact
Hi guys
I am putting this message up as I just got scrued on an Auction on Flippa

Can't say the domains that were on NORESERVE but when I won the Domains for $20

this is the message I got

"i am looking for 3000$ at least..not 20$..this is fucking diss honer for me...fck this..sorry to wast ur time....i put 500$ For flippa and domains...now i have wasted my time...sorry bor i can not sell this...i will create website and i will come back to flippa with an established site...fk flippa..tnq for ur time seriously..."

Can he do this??

This is not on!! and not business like in the Domain world!!
People like this piss me off!!!

I realise what happened but tough!! Don't you think?
Waiting on flippas response

What can I do?
I'll name him soon if his on this.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've let my names go for $1 in no reserve auctions. It hurt, but that's the game.

Flippa will hopefully ban him and all of his future accounts if he doesn't follow through.

•••
I don't think there is anything you can do. Flippa will ban him if he didn't transfer the domain to you.

•••
I myself let good domains go for $1 it's the name of the game!
This is annoying and unprofessional

•••
Are the domains related to currencies?

•••
•••
Man that sucks! Sorry to hear that. That's his fault for not setting a reserve. I'm sure at minimum he gets banned and you get a refund.

•••
Flippa will hopefully ban him and all of his future accounts if he doesn't follow through.

It takes nothing to get another account started there. This is one reason I no longer use Flippa. They need to start banning by IP. Not foolproof by a long shot, but it will help.

•••
It takes nothing to get another account started there. This is one reason I no longer use Flippa. They need to start banning by IP. Not foolproof by a long shot, but it will help.

If you look, they're starting to put "connected accounts" on the sidebar on the left of many of the accounts. I believe there is a process in place to try to find these (match whois info?) and I think Kevin Fink mentioned it a bit in his lasted TLD Investors interview.

BUT - yes, i've been able to trace some new accounts (that were super sellers that seemed to be shill bidding) to accounts that were banned like 6 years ago, so it's still a problem.

•••
Hi guys

"i am looking for 3000$ at least..not 20$..this is f*cking diss honer for me...fck this..sorry to wast ur time....i put 500$ For flippa and domains...now i have wasted my time...sorry bor i can not sell this...i will create website and i will come back to flippa with an established site...fk flippa..tnq for ur time seriously..."

Can he do this??

What can I do?

I've gone through this about 6 times now. Usually, Flippa bans the seller. The last time, the seller did it to me and 2 other people. Flippa didn't ban him because he sold $190K on 2 transactions. So, rules apply to SOME people but not EVERYONE. These people know what they're doing and they have the option to choose to accept or deny bids. If they truly made a "mistake", they should just not be accepting bids and end their listing. This, among other things, has kept me away from Flippa lately and I started doing heavy outbound marketing, instead to sell my own domains.

Last edited:
•••
Ah, this never happened to me before.

Can you share the link of to his profile? So we all can be aware of this guy.

Also, report it to Flippa ASAP and show them the message you received.

•••
For me Flippa is total waste of money ($9 listing) and time, those domains can easily get $XXX offers here in the offer section, won't even received $1 offers on Flippa.

•••
Yes, the traffic is very low now on Flippa compared to the old days.

•••
•••
Hi guys

"i am looking for 3000$ at least..not 20$..this is f*cking diss honer for me...fck this..sorry to wast ur time....i put 500$ For flippa and domains...now i have wasted my time...sorry bor i can not sell this...i will create website and i will come back to flippa with an established site...fk flippa..tnq for ur time seriously..."

Can he do this??

What can I do?

That's just wrong. If you put a domain up for "No Reserve", that means you are willing to sell it for whatever the ending price is. He should have set a reserve if he had a minimum that he was willing to take for it.

Hopefully Flippa will do something about it. That's a binding contract as most people don't realize. The same goes for a non-paying buyer.

If you are not posting inaccurate information then there should be nothing wrong with posting his name here. Maybe if you were being slanderous, but stating facts is not slander. Maybe if you post his name it can help other to avoid dealing with him.

Sorry to hear in man, good luck.

•••
I've gone through this about 6 times now. Usually, Flippa bans the seller. The last time, the seller did it to me and 2 other people. Flippa didn't ban him because he sold $190K on 2 transactions. So, rules apply to SOME people but not EVERYONE. These people know what they're doing and they have the option to choose to accept or deny bids. If they truly made a "mistake", they should just not be accepting bids and end their listing. This, among other things, has kept me away from Flippa lately and I started doing heavy outbound marketing, instead.
Wow, 6 times. Seems like you are lucky enough to run across lots of them. ;)

Usually, Flippa bans the seller. The last time, the seller did it to me and 2 other people. Flippa didn't ban him because he sold $190K on 2 transactions.
To bad Flippa wouldn't do something about that. You would think they would realize it's just hurting them in the long run with the damage it's causing to their reputation. The rules need to be for everyone so that the integrity or your reputation can be maintained. If they continue to do things like that it's gonna hurt their reputation a lot and cost way more money in the long run.

•••
Wow, 6 times. Seems like you are lucky enough to run across lots of them. ;)

I do did a lot of bidding.

To bad Flippa wouldn't do something about that. You would think they would realize it's just hurting them in the long run with the damage it's causing to their reputation. The rules need to be for everyone so that the integrity or your reputation can be maintained. If they continue to do things like that it's gonna hurt their reputation a lot and cost way more money in the long run.

Agreed.

•••
No reserve auction can sometimes prove to be tricky one actually

•••
No reserve auction can sometimes prove to be tricky one actually
It goes back to what's been discussed here, recently...

As a seller, you can't just expect Flippa to promote your auction for you...especially for free. Even when you pay for extras, it's not going to get your auction a lot of bids unless it's a STELLAR domain, such as a LLL. You have to promote your listing, as well. This means, posting on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Namepros, DNF- whatever. If you're not willing to risk $9 and losing your domain for $1, add a reserve. It's that simple.

•••
Man that sucks! Sorry to hear that. That's his fault for not setting a reserve. I'm sure at minimum he gets banned and you get a refund.
He didn't even give me the chance to pay! I won and the message was the first contact I got.

•••
Still waiting on flippa to get back.
Here is the guy he still won't reply either
https://flippa.com/users/960733

Is there a Madhu maddy here on namepros?
Does he have anything to say?

•••
I am confused. Your description does not reveal whether the domain was reserved or no reserve auction.

•••
Will definitely look out for this clown!

•••
I am confused. Your description does not reveal whether the domain was reserved or no reserve auction.

No reserve. He even wrote "NO RESERVE", which means he was well aware of what he was doing.

yQRiJQ1.png

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back