Watch

Daniel Mac Sweeney

DanielMacSweeney.comTop Member
Impact
Hi guys
I am putting this message up as I just got scrued on an Auction on Flippa

Can't say the domains that were on NORESERVE but when I won the Domains for $20

this is the message I got

"i am looking for 3000$ at least..not 20$..this is fucking diss honer for me...fck this..sorry to wast ur time....i put 500$ For flippa and domains...now i have wasted my time...sorry bor i can not sell this...i will create website and i will come back to flippa with an established site...fk flippa..tnq for ur time seriously..."

Can he do this??

This is not on!! and not business like in the Domain world!!
People like this piss me off!!!

I realise what happened but tough!! Don't you think?
Waiting on flippas response

What can I do?
I'll name him soon if his on this.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@FlippaDomains apparently you cannot read post #61 in this thread so I will requote:

@Nick V ~ I'll look into why this further for you. Let us please communicate offline from here on out, as it's getting o/t from o/p[/QUOTE]

Excuse me but it does seem quite relevant. Why should I bother with Flippa, then?

If you take your hat off for long enough, I can point out the question mark too. I am here to help.

•••
@FlippaDomains apparently you cannot read post #61 in this thread so I will requote:

@Nick V ~ I'll look into why this further for you. Let us please communicate offline from here on out, as it's getting o/t from o/p

hollywood said:
If you take your hat off for long enough, I can point out the question mark too. I am here to help.

I'll gladly work with @Nick V -- but his issue is more nuanced, and hence my suggesting he and I continue to work off-Namepros.

Last edited:
•••
Hi guys
I am putting this message up as I just got scrued on an Auction on Flippa

Can't say the domains that were on NORESERVE but when I won the Domains for $20

this is the message I got

"i am looking for 3000$ at least..not 20$..this is f*cking diss honer for me...fck this..sorry to wast ur time....i put 500$ For flippa and domains...now i have wasted my time...sorry bor i can not sell this...i will create website and i will come back to flippa with an established site...fk flippa..tnq for ur time seriously..."

Can he do this??

This is not on!! and not business like in the Domain world!!
People like this piss me off!!!

I realise what happened but tough!! Don't you think?
Waiting on flippas response

What can I do?
I'll name him soon if his on this.
It happens,may be the seller was new to this domain game or dont know TOS of flippa.
I am also new to this domain world..but still I will let my domain go for $1 or whatever the highest bid will be.

•••
ok then there just isn't a reason to bother with flippa and the shills, glad i looked into it. Nice hat.

•••
•••
•••
Happened to me too. I won the high bid for a website with a good domain. The seller backed out because he wasn't happy with the deal, even though no reserve. Flippa didn't do anything about it. :xf.rolleyes:

Here's a solution. For no reserve auctions, Flippa should hold the domain in escrow as soon as the auction starts. This way, there is no backing out.

•••
Happened to me too. I won the high bid for a website with a good domain. The seller backed out because he wasn't happy with the deal, even though no reserve. Flippa didn't do anything about it. :xf.rolleyes: Here's a solution. For no reserve auctions, Flippa should hold the domain in escrow as soon as the auction starts. This way, there is no backing out.

•••
I was reading this thread and then I found a nice .io lll with no reserve
I fought with other bidders and the bidding reached $40. I wqs declared as winner and I instantly made payment. Then after more than thrre days when the seller did not answer I then tried one last time and he asked for my information. I waited for two days then he sent me a message saying they sre cancelling the transaction cause they got the domain for $200 before and now this is big loss.

I filled dispute and it was in my favor. The seller was not knew to domaining at all for he has a good market place but on flippa he had 2k + transactions. He was banned last I checked.

Whoever does something like this is simply stupid. I once did no reserve in flippa for a bulk of 8 good domains. Bidding reached $21. I did not complain and I honored the sale. In fact I later found out the winner was a well known member of this forum :)

•••
Seems he got suspended. Good. Personally I would of offered him a little more than 20$, on top of the option of not being suspended on Flippa. I doubt he would of accepted the offer, but hey maybe he might.

•••
It sucks to lose money in an auction. It has happened to all of us. That is why you don't set high priced domain actions as no reserve and low starting bids.

We all seem to learn the hard way.

Transferring someone a domain you know is worth a lot more almost physically hurts but you have to honor your end of the deal.

•••
This is why Flippa gives you the option to set a reserve :ahhh:

•••
This sucks towards sellers thinking they'll get higher bidders with no reserve. Truth is you're taking a fast risk with your account if you don't sell it. I'm glad I always set a reserve for my domains, I've seen crazy ass low baller bids for domains that are worth (supposedly) $X,XXX of money.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back