IT.COM

Name server changed without my Consent - Help me

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Someday ago I got one mail from Hosting Service provide stating that
"We have received a request that the name servers be changed for the following domain name(s)
:www. mydomain. com (original domain name changed)”
I did not request anything from them; I can open my hosting account and can make necessary changes. My domain is 3 months old.
Is someone trying to still my domain or anything else? What should I do? Can anyone explain me what is going on?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
this does happen from time to time. Just respond (or follow the email directions) to not allow it to happen. Make sure the domain is still under your control by doing a whois search on it. If it is, all should be fine.

•••
Just for safety sake also change your passwords...

•••
For safety measure contact to hosting company and change your password.

•••
I wonder if your domain name is under your control at all?

•••
It looks like you domain name account was hacked. Keep you pass safe. Can you please check if you can log in into your account at all?

•••
Someday ago I got one mail from Hosting Service provide stating that
"We have received a request that the name servers be changed for the following domain name(s)
:www. mydomain. com (original domain name changed)”
I did not request anything from them; I can open my hosting account and can make necessary changes. My domain is 3 months old.
Is someone trying to still my domain or anything else? What should I do? Can anyone explain me what is going on?

Kindly contact your hosting provider to proivde the header of the email which they have received. And, also immediately change the password of your email account or if it is possible change the admin email address or contact address by contacting your hosting provider.

•••
Kindly contact your hosting provider to proivde the header of the email which they have received. And, also immediately change the password of your email account or if it is possible change the admin email address or contact address by contacting your hosting provider.

And do not forget to change IP.

•••
Its very unlikely for this to happen "from time to time". Its an attack. Somebody is trying to get acces to your account. Yeah, password change is a must, but also see if they can give you the ip of the address from wich the request was sent.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back