NameSilo

Name Drive parking Versus Google AdSense?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

loscocco

Account Closed
Impact
I am setting up PPC on several new domains and esp www.Saddam.com which is high traffic. Would you reccomend putting it on a namedrive parking page or putting up a simple page with google ads on it? Which do you guys think would generate more revenue? What has your experience been on this with your own domains?

Thanks in advance

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I guess its better to put up Google on those pages, look better than a boring old parking page, unless of course you have a custom parking page.

•••
It really depends what you want.

NameDrive have got some new skins but they still look like parked pages. If you think your visitors are likely to notice the ads and/or not click on them, then put up a minisite with Adsense on it.

In terms of revenue, Adsense will always earn more than ND because ND is a middleman taking their cut, but with ND you can have a page instantly whereas with Adsense you'll have to make one yourself.

Give ND a test drive first, if it doesn't make what you're expecting, then switch to a minisite or something similar with Adsense on it.

Saddam_com - definitely minisite, no doubt about it in my mind. Not sure what ads you'll get, but you can easily get info on Saddam, some pics and then get an RSS feed from Yahoo to help fill the page and add some content.
That's gotta be one of the easiest subjects to create a site with IMO. :)

•••
Go with Google Adsense.

•••
B33R said:
Give ND a test drive first, if it doesn't make what you're expecting, then switch to a minisite or something similar with Adsense on it.

Second that.
And it is what I usually do with all my domains.

•••
Try going with adsense for two weeks and then try ND for two weeks. See which one you do better with.

•••
Hands down Google Adsense. Don't get me wrong though, I love NameDrive and have near 200 names parked there along with some at Sedo and Afternic. Yesterday I took one name from NameDrive and hosted my domain with a nice ppc template with Google Adsense and my first day earned two dollars and two clicks. Not alot but my site is not even indexed yet,etc. As someone said, there is no middleman to pay. So it will depend on how confident you are in either designing your site properly or knowing where to go to get it down. Also you must weigh in the cost of this. If you park your domain, ie NameDrive or elsewhere the only costs you will incur are your annual reg fee. The other route, depending on how tech savvy you are and if you own your own server or not, you will pay annual reg fee, hosting fee, one time ppc template and content fee, possible SEO fee, etc. If you decide to go the Adsense route, make sure your read their TOS as they are very tough on faulty clicks and page impressions. You do not want to get banned!

•••
Adsense. Some text about Saddam, some RSS feed headlines, a picture or two, a banner at top, and adsense ads should be all you need.

•••
I would go to wiki get some free content on Saddam, and then put up some google adsense ads. You will surely get more money.

•••
ADSENSE what have you got to lose?

If your not happy then switch it NAMEDRIVE.

•••
NameDrive to test traffic and see the queries, if any, then Adsense w/ pages on these themes/queries.

•••
Adsense, but it only works perfectly if you dont put any relevant links on your site, otherwise people will most likely click on those and not on ads, so keep it text only!

•••
Where can I find good AdSense Templates to check out?

I like the way Name Drive sucks the user into clicking on links without saying "Ad by Google, etc." - I think when people see the Google Adsense text they sometimes steer clear of clicking on it - IMO.

•••
~Kingpin~ said:
Where can I find good AdSense Templates to check out?

I like the way Name Drive sucks the user into clicking on links without saying "Ad by Google, etc." - I think when people see the Google Adsense text they sometimes steer clear of clicking on it - IMO.

Yeah i had the same question as well. Thanks everyone for all the advice. I am working on creating a mini site for it. Does anyone have any good adsense templates?
Thanks in advance

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back