IT.COM

Name.com warehousing names as well?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Seems like Name.com are warehousing their good expiring names as well.

Coffeshop.net and MagneticInk.com, two that I checked. If you check the whois, the update date and the expiration date do not seem change and they don't seem to show up in the Name.com expiring list. Though Expireddomains.net seems to have a link to each of the expiring domains.

Nothing new with registrars warehousing good names, but with Name.com you thought they gave the little guy a chance through their dutch style auctions. But apparently not the case.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They were bought before you? Not everybody goes by expireddomains.net (they update Name.com list manually by uploading the .csv every now and then)

•••
I wouldn't know if it was bought before me. Perhaps that's the whole point? If I click on say the expireddomains.net list and assuming I don't go directly through the Name.com website itself, I would be fairly confident of seeing the name as expiring at some price point or if someone has bought it and placed it as a premium name( Sedo MLS or Afternic BIN I would presume), I would still see the name as Premium and it's for sale for $xxxx and so on.
In case someone has bought before me and has not put it back as a premium name, it would state a message saying the domain is no longer available and if you check the whois you would see the domain info updated with the new user.

•••
No, I'm fairly sure it takes 5-10 days to move the name to the purchaser's account. So he would not have control over the name, the name could not be listed in aftermarket nor would the whois be updated to his name yet.

•••
Not really. I have bought dozens of domains from Name.com. I receive the domain/s within seconds and can also list the domains with Sedo MLS or Afternic BIN if I waive the 60 day transfer lock.

•••
You're right I just bought one and it was in my account in seconds but the whois is not updated. So, either it's manual update (which no one will ever do quickly) or it takes time for them to update it. Either way, your answer is still that it's bought or renewed before you.

•••
I been having issues with name.com expired domains too, ive tried to buy about 10 expired names in the last week and everytime it says payment failed. When i contact name support about it they say the domain has a backorder on it. But its not possible to put a backorder on a domain on name.com before it goes to expired, only after it leaves the expired state and goes into deleting.

It seems the domains are being backordered from elsewhere and name are stopping people from buying the expired domains when it has the backorder on it. I have noticed all the names i tried to buy had a backorder from namejet.

This is very unfair.

•••
•••
•••
Back