IT.COM

Name.com - extremely bad experience

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Here is what happened when I registered a bunch of idn .co's at Name.com:

So I registered quite a few, using premier US PayPal account and credit cards. Everything was fine at first, the names were resolving, etc. Next day I discovered that Name.com cancelled all my registrations and refunded me without even notifying me.

Never experienced such terrible thing with solid registrars. If even they had any fraud suspicions, they could have locked the names and called me/emailed me, whatever. But they didn't bother to do anything but simply deleting everything.

When I called them next day, they said that in fact there was no any fraud and supposed me to re-register the names with them. But some of the names were already registered by others, and, of course, I didn't use Name.com again for that.

Terrible thing. Stopped using Name.com after that at all.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It happened to me as well, one good thing is that they refunded my money at least!

•••
What?, and here i am thinking of switching over to them for some researched keyword of particular tlds.
If that happens to me... LOL...i might just die of a heart attack!

•••
That happened to me with Melbourne IT. The good thing was, it was a brandable domain so nobody was really interested with it when it dropped. So i re-regged it again in another registrar instead.

•••
It happened to me as well, one good thing is that they refunded my money at least!

Yes they refunded your money in exchange of the top dollars someone else paid for any of your domains.

•••
I've never got that bad experience before with name.com, but this is a good information for me to be aware of...thanks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back