Domain Empire

Name.com - Domain Hijacked/Stolen

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello,

I am using name.com since 2009 but when I can't login to my account or reset password so I open a ticket with name.com and after a 14 to 18 hours I was receive a reply "I see you mention that you are not the owner of DEWLANCE.COM" but I never say this and they deny to return my domain.

Name.com Response:
I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Please note that it is against Name.com policy to update contacts in the absence of a notarized document from the account owner.

The account is showing as being owned by another person, however I do not find where Name.com updated the contact information for your account without your permission.

I see you mention that you are not the owner of DEWLANCE.COM. It appears that the Name.com account information updated when the Whois information for this domain was changed to the new owner.

1. I did not receive any email notification that my email is changed
2. I did not receive any successful login email(if hijacker hack my account then why I did not receive any login notification)
3. They are lying that I say "Dewlance is not my domain", I never say this in any ticket
4. They give me a reason that since whois info is changed they can't give my domain.

Beware of name.com, Recently they get hacked, they don't care about customer data security so why they get hacked and their support is crap, I don't know why ICANN authorized this type of crap and fraud company.

Note: Their reply time is 24 hours to 48 hours..(very slow and give me a repeated response)

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just your opinion.

I have always found them honest, just as honest as godaddy and namecheap.

I have never had a problem with them.

•••
Do you have the older emails from name.com that shiw you registered/transfer the domain and/or paypal transaction?

•••
Sorry, they apologized for misunderstand and lock domain so hijacker can't transfer my domain to other registrar.

I have a paypal transaction ID, I am owner of DEWLANCE.COM and My Trademark is registered - You can see on Govt. Trade Mark Search Website: http://ipindiaservices.gov.in/tmrpublicsearch/tmsearch.aspx?tn=10241643&st=Wordmark

-- Hijacker change my email without my consent, also change whois information and transfer to his account without my consent.

I submit a company registration proof, PAN card, Delhi Shop Establishment Certificate and I hope they will return my domain :(

•••
Overpriced? Yes
Dishonest ? No

•••
Name.com investigate this and finally they call me and RETURN my domain

I am really happy and they make me their LIFETIME CUSTOMER.

Lots of thanks to name.com to quickly resolve this and sorry for creating this type of thread(I was very depressed and sad so I think I make a mistake to create a bad thread for them and I apologize for this)

Again thanks to name.com and now :loveyou: name.com

:)

•••
All's well that ends well. I'm glad you got your domain back.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back