Name.com Closed My Account

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

dave74

Established Member
Impact
90
I just found out today that Name.com closed my account and refunded back 3 domains because of fraud. I had an issue over the weekend with my CC when I tried to purchase an expiring domain. I thought I put in the card number wrong or something and tried it a few times before calling my bank. Turns out it was my banks fraud system and had to clear the recent activity. I was able to purchase the domain after talking to my bank. I never got a call or email from Name.com asking if it was me using the card. I think it's wrong to not even give a customer a chance to clear the so called fraud activity on the account.
 
2
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Looks that they don't like CC payments...

I use name.com for over decade... and only via Verified PayPal...
Never had any significant problems.
 
0
•••
p.s. Nowadays name.com is owned by Donuts...
 
1
•••
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back