Dynadot

Something odd happened after fail to renew domains @Name.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
hey guys I wonder if anyone has experienced this? As some of you may know I've been in the hospital for couple of weeks. Haven't been checking my emails. Got an email from Name.com that on Dec 18th my credit card of file did not work. just saw the email now finally ( been procrastinating to check my emails).

I had a bunch of IDN domains that failed to renew. I checked each one and about 3/4th's which were IDN.IDN for some reason were redirecting to this domain NUSEEK.SOFTWARE

and it was a blank page.

Needless to say I was sweatin bullets as I feared my domains were already sold off via dropcatch or whatever.

but I clicked the name.com linked in the email that was sent to me and the site gave me the option to renew?

so without a thought I renewed and everything went off without a hitch.

so what was that Nuseek.Software website all about? why were my domains being redirected to that website? is it a part of Name.com?

That was very ODD.

actually after renewing they still were pointing to that nuseek.software domain.

has anyone experienced this yet? some info would be nice thanks!

Happy New Years!!!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Did you change your nameservers also after renewal? Or did they revert to name default or are they still pointing to nuseek.software?
It looks like newseek.software is owned by Rightside, so it might be their expired parking page. Do you have AdBlockers? Sometimes a blank page isn't a blank page
https://gwhois.org/Nuseek.Software

•••
zeroclick feed maybe. It's not uncommon that expired domains are monetized via parking by the registrar.

parking does not pay well anymore so often they just redirect to a random advertiser site.

Last edited:
•••
I was never required to renew a name as i just sell it timely

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back