IT.COM

Name.com Domain Nabber - YUCK!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I just came on to voice my opinion on the Name.com domain nabber.

We can spot the good domains a mile away before they hit any list. So we get usually first dibs using the Nabber at Name.

Well..... if it's a higher estibot value .org or .net $3k+ then that's your service right there. Place an order now... if we already haven't ;).

If you are looking to get a .com or a .info that everyone in the world will want; skip using Nabber w/ name. You are wasting your money.

You have just as good of a chance to grab a .com or a .info using GoDaddy and have to go through a $50 charge and then refund.

That process is automatic, but I could have just spent the $50 with another service and they don't charge until your domain is in your hands.

I still will use it for those .com and .info domains that are Estibot $10k and up, just in case it's my lucky day, but otherwise I'll just stick to using the others.

That's my .75 cents on that.

Cheers!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Don't fall in estibot price suggestion.

Some new "domainer" think that its a real deal but in fact most of their domains are crap.

I have names that are valuated at $200 but I got offers up to 6K.

When I first started selling domains, I was so happy to see an high estibot appraisal :)
I've registered a lot and lose a lot too :(.

You should use Adwords instead :)

NameJet
Pool
SnapNames

are the way to go!

You will need to make a payment only if you won the name.

Last edited:
•••
Dunno why so many people get caught up with Estibot appraisal's; I know it's one of the mors respect auto appraisal tools, but it's still just that.... auto.

•••
Most buyers base their buys off of estibot. If it's a low estibot value they aren't going to move fast unless you can show some solid monthy search and CPC data. This is all domain's 101, to me at least.

I base all of my buys off of search and CPC data. So for validation, yes you are correct. But in 9 times ouy of 10 When estibot appraises a domain over $3k its worth fighting for, regardless what you are going to price it at moving forward.

•••
•••
We can spot the good domains a mile away before they hit any list. So we get usually first dibs using the Nabber at Name.

Sweet names like BidYum.com?

•••
Im used to jealousy and idiocy. You'll see :)

---------- Post added at 07:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 AM ----------

Of course you are going to pick at every little thing I say to try to validate tiny points.

Yes, new domainers heavily rely on Estibot, and 'seasoned' domainers dont. But since there are more domainers that are new than seasoned I would much rather buy a domain that has high cpc, high monthly searches, and a high esitbot value.

That way it has mass appeal.

Estibotc cant calculate intrinsic social targeting aspects of some domains.... Etc blah blah.

•••
Dear appyum,

This is just to let you know that the drop date for [xxxxxxxx.com] has been updated to 2013-12-05. This usually means that you placed a Domain Nabber order for this domain before the drop date was known and now we will soon attempt to acquire the domain on your behalf. Good luck!

Sincerely,

Support
name.com

•••
Back