IT.COM

Could you help us decide what backorder service we should choose, registered with Name.com?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

coneill659

Impact
Hi guys,

I've done some research on this and name.com runs "nabber backorder service".
However, name.com was bought by demand media (thenextweb - digital-media-firm-demand-media-buys-domain-registrar-name-com-adding-nearly-1-5m-domains) who owns enom and namejet (namejet.com - Pages/press-releases/default.aspx).

So I read some reviews and off course found that namejet is said to be far superior to nabber.

You can see that I am very confused! Can you please help me choose?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
The domain is registered until October 2015.

We were going to backorder it. Do you think we should wait until it becomes available? Or would namejet offer a service where I could buy the domain outright?

•••
Can anyone advise us if we should backorder the domain (expires October 2015)? If so should we choose namejet or nabber?

Also is it worth while to try to bid for the domain? Which service is best for this?

•••
Can you post the whois record ?
Omitting the actual domain name.

•••
This domain has not dropped yet. So I think you should continue to monitor the name.com auctions for expired domains (link above). NB: it could take something like 2 more weeks before you see the domain available for auction. It's better to try this route first than wait for ultimate deletion (and more competition).

•••
Someone extremely motivated probably could figure out the domain with those date info, so I would edit the post after reading sdsinc's knowledgeable reply. Goodluck

z8r.gif

•••
How can I do that? and thank you for the advice

•••
click on the edit link on the bottom of the post

•••
click on the edit link on the bottom of the post
It is usually beside "report" but it has disappeared. I have reported it instead. Is there anything else I can do?

•••
This domain has not dropped yet. So I think you should continue to monitor the name.com auctions for expired domains (link above). NB: it could take something like 2 more weeks before you see the domain available for auction. It's better to try this route first than wait for ultimate deletion (and more competition).

Thank you foremost for your excellent advice!
So what I should do is forget about backordering and monitor the name.com auctions for the site to appear in the namecom auctions. Does this involve just typing the address into the search bar on the site, the result being "this dominion is taken".

When the domain drops should I bid on it through namecom or use namejet?

•••
Short answer: try to obtain the domain when it comes up for auction. Then you bypass the drop process.
If the domain drops, you'll have to place backorders with multiples dropcatchers to increase your chances of catching the domain. And there is no guarantee you will get it. At that point, there may be competitors too. Remember, anything that is half-decent will be snapped.
So yes, keep watching and keep an eye on the whois record.

If the domain is slated for deletion, the redemption process will take over a month. The domain is not going to be released in the very next days you know...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back