NameSilo

.tv Name.com adopts new TLD renewal tactics - 25% increase

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
.TV renewals have normally been ~$28 though they are slightly higher at Godaddy and even higher with some other registrars (Pheenix charged $40 for one). This week I received a $35 .TV renewal bill. I guess with many new TLDs having adjustable pricing, Name decided to do the same with .TV.

Higher renewals lead to higher drop rates and more fresh inventory which can be sold via backorder or domain auctions.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Name.com used to be by far my favourite registrar. Now is a real pain work with them, their customer support has become awful... and this news doesn't help

•••
I also really liked Name.com back in the day
I even sponsored one of their Beer Fridays I was so impressed with their approach to .tv names

They are still OK but with many of my .tv names I've simply voted with my feet on their price structure and taken my business to more .tv friendly registrars.

Name.com have still got some of their old culture - but the changes by their new owners (Rightside) are becoming more evident by the day.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back