TSAS HostEstablished Member
Impact
I am looking a *****.name domain

Every other popular extension as been taken

Is it worthwile to get the .name

Thanx

Iravan

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Unless it's a name - a common one, no. IMO

•••
I'd be very picky when it comes to buying a .name. To me its kinda like .biz .info where the term has to work with the ext.

I like Domain.Name My.Name Baby.Name Register.Name Buy.Name First.Name etc... they make sense.

•••
It's really hard to say - I personally have only renewed a handful , and they weren't "Name" Related at all ... They were Keywords and they actually made a profit from parking alone. I don't see developing any of them unless they were very fitting with the extension myself.

Here's an older thread with some insight and former Registrations by members here on this topic : http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?t=58009

•••
Thnax So much for the replies

The info is really helpful

I guess ill put off on the .name's for now

•••
i think you shouldn't go for the .name.... unless you can manage to find a good name to deal... with.. the... .name.... which i think it's hard...

•••
Yep, unless you get keywords, not worth it for reselling.

•••
A lot of domains aren't worth that much undeveloped. But I'm sure if you did get it developed (depending on the quality), you could probably get a good chunck of money for it. (depending on the domain)

•••
NOTE WORTH
do loose ur name by .name extention
not a site fills its value exept .com sites

i tried all extention

•••
amazing name

don't get a .name domain name unless you get an amazing name to start it out w/ first

•••
very hard to sell a .name, and very crappy extension to make a website.

•••
Hmm

Ya Thanx for the info every1

•••
I registered this one for the fun of it. The only .name I like.

NewPlanet.name

•••
I don't understand why they even added a TLD like that... I mean I guess I could do FirstNameLastName.name but.... even that sounds silly.

•••
patches said:
I registered this one for the fun of it. The only .name I like.

NewPlanet.name

So its personal, and you dont intend ot sell???

•••
I have nothing against .name, I even have one, but they just aren't very popular. For personal site it is good, but you can not sell it.

•••
•••
hanz said:
I have nothing against .name, I even have one, but they just aren't very popular. For personal site it is good, but you can not sell it.

Ya i am looking mainly to sell, so i guess its not for me

•••
Didn't register it to sell. If I ever get time to develope a "space information" site, I think the name would work well. Could be wrong though!!!! Wish I had the time right now with the discovery of our new "maybe" planet.

•••
I would not bother with .name.

•••
If it is a one word and less than 9 letters and very good OVT results, then consider reg it!

•••
As the extensions grow, I think it becomes important to look at their inherent value -- even in the most direct cases such as GeorgeBush.name, etc. where the extension applies directly, I still don't think it's a very attractive extension. Sure there are a lot of keywords and nice domains open with .name, but I don't think that justifies registration...I have yet to see evidence that this is a viable extension.

•••
How do you think about Doctors.name or Schools.name?

They should be good for online directory.

•••
:alien: .NAME takes the prize as being the most redundant extension in existence on the root server.

•••
Does anyone know how many .names have been registered? This is a good test of how popular it is

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back