Dynadot

N-NN and NN-N Evaluation & Sales Reports

NameSilo
Watch
I am starting this thread here because the last N-NN.com and NN-N.com thread never made it over to the Short Domains Forum.

N-NN.com and NN-N.com Facts

1. There are only 1998 possible combinations.
2. 3 Character.com lists N-N.coms as worth $1200.
3. All N-NN.coms & NN-N.coms are registered since January of 2008.
4. Buydomains has several N-NN & NN-N.coms for over $1,000.

Possible uses for these include...

Websites: Short, memorable
Redirects: Point to long web addresses
Dates: 2-08
License Plates: 44-5COM
Internationalized: Numbers transcend languages
Rare: Only 4 characters
Area Codes: 3 Digit area codes
Country Codes: Many country codes are 3 digits
Good for Prices: 1-99
Good for Interest Rates 7-75
Good for Penal Codes
Cell Phones: 3-45 press com would be a lot easier than dialing a 11 or 12 digit international number.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
77-0.com is currently on auction at sedo with reserve met at $300.

the - can be used to represent a period (full stop) and useful for radio stations as well.

•••
SiGuy said:
77-0.com is currently on auction at sedo with reserve met at $300.

the - can be used to represent a period (full stop) and useful for radio stations as well.

Wow, thats crazy, but great for NN-N/N-NN's!

I see this thread includes Evaluations? I haven't been paying much attention to the NN-N/N-NN's and wanted to know if someone would give their thoughts on my 2 :).

84-8
15-1

thanks, gary.

•••
I have 8-08 (gets light traffic), 1-04, and 3-02. All .com

•••
Can anyone post up some lists and stuff of these domains?

•••
Basement said:

I don't have any lists. I just know that they are all registered. Here is something that our friend ERGO put together a while back.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by ERGO

N-NN.com
PROS:

1. Only 4 characters (N-N-N have 5 characters)

2. Only 1 hyphen (N-N-N have 2 hyphens)

3. Only 2 number (N-N-N have 3 numbers)

4. Sounds shorter
2-35.com sounds like either two-thirty-five or two-hyphen-thirty-five.
2-3-5 sounds only like two hyphen three hyphen five

5. Some combinations of N-NN.com sounds even shorter!
For example 3-80 three thirty or three hyphen thirty
3-8-0 sounds like three hyphen eight hyphen zero

6. Some N-NN.com look even greither with similar digits. For example 3-77.com and 3-7-7.com

7. N-NN.com looks like phone numbers.

8. N-NN.com will be even more valuable when NN-NN.com and N-NNN.com will be bought out. I can't imagine that somebody will be buying out N-N-N-N.com!!!

9. When you look for N-NN in Google you don't get results like these

http://www.totalcmd.net/images/2-33.gif

10. Additionally I made a research. I scanned registration dates of 1000 N-NN.com and of 1000 N-N-N.coms. The results are that in the end of 2006 were registered 296 N-NN.com domains (or 29,6%) and only 199 N-N-N.com domains (or 19,9%) that shows that end-users and domainers were interested more in N-NN.com domains rather than in N-N-N.com domains. But in 2007 there was a command to buy out N-N-N.com domains rather than N-NN.com domains. This decision was based only on the fact that L-L-L.coms are more desirable to end users than LL-L.coms or L-LL.coms

I'm attaching image describing registration speed of N-NN.com and N-N-N.com domains over years.
http://www.totalcmd.net/images/2-34.gif

While doing scan I found that a lot of companies using N-NN.com domains. I didn't have much time to research this aspect yet. Perhaps I will do it for future

N-N-N.com

PROS:
1. They were totally bought several month earlier than N-NN.com domains. But both were totally bought out in 2007

2. N-N-N look balanced. E.g. symmetrical

Based on these analysis I think that N-NN.com domains has very bright future. NNN.com domains are sold at high $xxxx prices. N-N-N.coms are sold at ~60-100$. I think that N-NN.com reseller prices for N-NN.com will be low $xxx as soon as market emerges. Currently as I know there were no N-NN.com sales reported because nobody wants to sell them at this time.
However I put one 5-78 .com domain for sale just to test how resellers react to just emerged markets. This is the only my domain that I put for sale. All other are in a vault and I expect offers from resellers only starting from 60$ for the worst ones.

I do believe that both N-N-N.com, N-NN.com and NN-N.com investments will be strong as soon as LLLL.com growth calms down and people will switch to other alternative investments. Hyphenated numbers are in much less supply. There are only 3000 domains with 3 digits and hyphens and this factor will be soon realized.

•••
N-NN.coms are held in largely very "strong hands". I'm not sure who all the holders are but between me, Andrei, and Johnnywj, at least 1/3 of all N-NN.coms are accounted for.

I have no intention of selling mine anytime soon... They're the only numeric domains I own and I'm quite fond of them :)

•••
Reece said:
N-NN.coms are held in largely very "strong hands". I'm not sure who all the holders are but between me, Andrei, and Johnnywj, at least 1/3 of all N-NN.coms are accounted for.

I have no intention of selling mine anytime soon... They're the only numeric domains I own and I'm quite fond of them :)

I really like these too. I've only got 12 however, I won't let them go for less than mid XXX myself.

•••
Basement said:

1-0-1.com sold for $750 on sedo the other day
:sold:

•••
arnie said:
1-0-1.com sold for $750 on sedo the other day

Very nice find and very nice sale!!!- rep added.

g-

•••
Also dropping real soon:

71-1.com 04-Mar-2008

•••
77-0 Sold for $300 at Sedo on 3/05/2008

•••
I have now received the funds for 77-0.com and the sale has completed.

Look who has gone and bought it !

End User Sale at $300.

•••
SiGuy said:
I have now received the funds for 77-0.com and the sale has completed.

Look who has gone and bought it !

End User Sale at $300.

God! if only u knew!

http://77-0.com/

we have lift off guys, all variants of NNN.com (i.e N-N-N,NN-N & N-NN are getting endusers lately)

next few years should be fun bitches

•••
arnie said:
God! if only u knew!

http://77-0.com/

we have lift off guys, all variants of NNN.com (i.e N-N-N,NN-N & N-NN are getting endusers lately)

next few years should be fun bitches

I reckon they would have gone xxxx and at the time I thought it was a reseller buying it because of the recent buy out. I did do a few google searches at the time to see if there was any existing end users but didn't find these peeps.

My gut feeling is end users would pay low xxxx for good combinations.
Not many sales though at the moment to compare against.

Still made a 4000 percent gain as I hand registered this a few months back.

I do like these NNN variants.

•••
SiGuy said:
I reckon they would have gone xxxx and at the time I thought it was a reseller buying it because of the recent buy out. I did do a few google searches at the time to see if there was any existing end users but didn't find these peeps.

My gut feeling is end users would pay low xxxx for good combinations.
Not many sales though at the moment to compare against.

Still made a 4000 percent gain as I hand registered this a few months back.

I do like these NNN variants.

Congratulations! Looks like the Lucky 7's were lucky for you.

•••
4ltrorg said:
Congratulations! Looks like the Lucky 7's were lucky for you.

•••
What's the general thoughts on month-day domains with no 0's?
(sorry if it's been posted already)

EDIT: what 4lstrong has above helps, but I like to hear some
more thoughts on them.

Last edited:
•••
have there been any recent N-N-N sales?

•••
Reported on Bluebecker.com : 8-6-8.com sold for $65 March 2008

ssamriga said:

•••
ssamriga said:

1-0-1.com on sedo other week for $750
in reported sales section

•••
arnie said:
1-0-1.com on sedo other week for $750
in reported sales section

That's a great deal for the buyer. Not only are they getting a fantastic N-N-N but the term 101 is very popular.

Below are some more numbers and dash sales...however, only one of them is a N-NN and the sale was almost a year ago. But, I find it helpful to learn more about both the N-N-N sales and the N-N sales when evaluating N-NN and NN-N domains.

4-4.com $2,494 2008-01-28 SEDO.com

0-5.com $860 2007-10-20 SEDO.com

0-03.com $77 2007-04-25 AfterNic

4-5.com $771 2007-04-06 Sedo

0-3.com $720 2007-01-18 Sedo

1-5.com $993 2007-01-05 Sedo

5-5.com $950 2007-01-05 Sedo

•••
I have only three such numeric names..

36-0.com
2-88.com
7-21.com

:music:

•••
9-10.com $80 2008-03-27 NameJet.com

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back