NameSilo

.tv My regged .tv name will be revoked without any reason! Help!!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I just got this email from Verisign...........

Dear Lin,

Please be advised that your registration to the domain name Pets.tv has been revoked because the domain name was not available for registration. Your registration fee will be refunded. We regret any inconvenience this may cause.

Best Regards,

Customer Service
VeriSign, Inc
www.verisign.com
1 703.925.6999
1 703.421.5828 Fax

I almost fainted when I received this email because I spent almost all of my savings to buy it for my website plan.
Honestly the domain name pets.tv is a standard reg fee one, that's why I bought it from the former owner, I think most of you know that there are still lots of good domains that were not premium priced and were registered by people at standard reg fees, pets.tv is just one of them but it is maybe the TOP one...........

can anyone tell me what I should do right now??
I am still shaking with anger but I don't know what I can do right now......

I need your Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am about to suicide due to lossing of this domain name.............

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
gamehouse said:
When was this name transfered into your account?

Thanks,

GH
about 10 days before.

•••
Fleaking, I included more questions, whose answers will let the members understand better.

Thanks

•••
gamehouse said:
When was this name transfered into your account? Where does this name registred? The who is shows, registration services provided by xzone.com which is a parked page presently, how come?

SO the top question, what kind of procedure is used to register this name? Private API or what. Very confusing.

Also, did the name ever resolve after you changed the nameservers or you never checked?

Thanks,

GH
the registration date is Dec 12
xzone.com is my domain name
pets.tv is registered at enom,
I don't know what kind of procedure is used to register this name and I think it doesn't matter whether the procedure is because it was definitely available for standard reg.

I sure did change the nameservers,
I set the nameservers to my webspace and it used to resolve.

•••
the whois shows verisign just sold this name to petstv.com! shit!

•••
Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My domain name has been sold by VeriSign to PetsTV.com and they changed the ownership right away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What the fXXk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what a christmas gift for me!!!!!!!!!!!

who can help me to get my domain name back :'(

Last edited:
•••
fleaking said:

Ari Goldberg, John Berryhill or possibly Stephen Sturgeon are your best bets. Get proactive and enlist one of these guys PDQ. Expect to pay or if you have no more funds you might be able to negotiate a % of the name. But if you want to get your name back you'll act fast.

•••
Wow, this is a major setback for enom. Not a good sign of things to come if all the facts are here and they truly removed the name from your account and transferred it to petstv.com

I did some research and it seems like these guys have the following trademarks:

PetsTV;
Pets TV; and
PetsTV.com

These are all trademarked. The fact that they do not have Pets.tv may indirectly support a legal argument that Pets.tv is distinguishable from PetsTV.com.

Here is a link for you:
http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfiel...A2$ALL&a_default=search&a_search=Submit+Query

In fact, if you look further down that list, .TV Corporation International owns the rights to Pets.TV.

However, the abandonment date was July 3, 2000

Last edited:
•••
Holy sh*t.... this is unreal! I'm sure I'm not the only one who will support you on this one Fleaking! I can't believe these guys would even attempt such a thing. WTF!

•••
So should we start to worry about our .tv names all the time if someday they would disappear from my account just because some big guy wants it?

•••
finster said:
Ari Goldberg, John Berryhill or possibly Stephen Sturgeon are your best bets. Get proactive and enlist one of these guys PDQ. Expect to pay or if you have no more funds you might be able to negotiate a % of the name. But if you want to get your name back you'll act fast.
I appreciate your info!
I will contact them right away.

briman1970 said:
Holy sh*t.... this is unreal! I'm sure I'm not the only one who will support you on this one Fleaking! I can't believe these guys would even attempt such a thing. WTF!
thanks! I think all of us can't tolerate and don't want to see such thing happens again.

SiliconFinance said:
Here is a link for you:
http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfiel...A2$ALL&a_default=search&a_search=Submit+Query

In fact, if you look further down that list, .TV Corporation International owns the rights to Pets.TV.

thanks for telling me this!!

Last edited:
•••
Fleaking did not reg this domain, edited at original registrants request (story gets stranger and stranger) did so verisign not ENOM has to tell ******* how the reg was not valid. Now if they have a tm which can expire they can still use common law tm they may have gone after this domain UDRP style too just like Speed Channel did for Speed.tv. Fleaking did they send you the email?

Last edited:
•••
Neither he nor I received the email,
they cancelled my domain name before sending me email.

Last edited:
•••
thank you for your info. but from the email verisign sent, it is not the reason why this name is canceled. If it has tm problem, petstv.com should files a dispute for the name firstly. The registry has not the right the cancel domains for potential tm issue.

---------------------------------
Dear Lin,

Please be advised that your registration to the domain name Pets.tv has been revoked because the domain name was not available for registration. Your registration fee will be refunded. We regret any inconvenience this may cause.

Best Regards,

Customer Service
VeriSign, Inc
www.verisign.com
1 703.925.6999
1 703.421.5828 Fax
------------------------------------------------

SiliconFinance said:
Wow, this is a major setback for enom. Not a good sign of things to come if all the facts are here and they truly removed the name from your account and transferred it to petstv.com

I did some research and it seems like these guys have the following trademarks:

PetsTV;
Pets TV; and
PetsTV.com

These are all trademarked. The fact that they do not have Pets.tv may indirectly support a legal argument that Pets.tv is distinguishable from PetsTV.com.

Here is a link for you:

•••
Fleaking you have to get the original registrant involved here because this is like for analogy purposes ( NOT SAYING ANYONE STOLE ANYTHING) Person A stole a tv you purchased the tv from person A the store or police come to you and say you are the recipient of stolen tv your only recourse is with person A not the store because you did not transact business with the Store

SO here you transacted no Business with Verisign the original anonymous NP registrant did so whatever renumeration you paid them you will have to get back from them not Verisign

•••
equity78 said:
..Person A stole a tv you purchased the tv from person A the store or police come to you and say you are the recipient of stolen tv your only recourse is with person A not the store because you did not transact business with the Store...

Sorry, my english is poor. I need someone to explain this hard analogyin much simpler way... Thanks

•••
I think such thing will not happen again. as a leading company, verysign will definetely give the name back, such a domain name do not worth a negative to his reputation. such thing must be done by one of its crazy stuff.

Fleaking, you can try to contact the ceo of verisign, the ceo of demand media, you can file a dispute at enom and you can call lawyer berryhill to help me, you can contact icaan..... i think it is easy to win...

yesonline said:
So should we start to worry about our .tv names all the time if someday they would disappear from my account just because some big guy wants it?

•••
and the domain was not cancelled another problem this happened in the first 30 days of reg

THE SMALL PRINT no one reads but agrees too when they REG a domain

SERVICE(S) PROVIDED AT WILL AND TERMINATION OF SERVICE(S): We and your Primary Service Provider may reject your domain name registration application or elect to discontinue providing Service(s) to you for any reason within 30 days of a Service initiation or a Service renewal. Outside of this period, we and your Primary Service Provider may terminate or suspend the Service(s) at any time for cause, which, without limitation, includes registration of prohibited domain name(s), abuse of the Services, payment irregularities, serious allegations of illegal conduct, or if your use of the Services involves us in a violation of any Internet Service Provider's ("ISP's") acceptable use policies, including the transmission of unsolicited bulk email. You agree that if we terminate or suspend the Services provided to you under this Agreement, that we may then, at our option, make either ourselves or a third party the beneficiary of Services which are substantially similar to those which were previously providing to you and that any reference in this Agreement to termination or suspension of the Services to you includes this option. If we have grounds to terminate or suspend Service(s) with respect to one domain name or in relation to other Service(s) provided through your account, we may terminate or suspend all Service(s) provided through your account, including Service(s) to other domain names. No fee refund will be made when there is a suspension or termination of Service(s) for cause. At any time and for any reason, we may terminate the Services 30 days after we send notice of termination via mail or email, at our option, to the WHOIS contact information provided in association with your domain name registration. Following notice of termination other than for cause, you must transfer your domain name or risk that we may delete your domain name or suspend or modify Services to it. If we terminate Services for a reason other than cause, we will attempt to refund your fees. You further acknowledge and agree that your registration of a domain name is subject to suspension, cancellation or transfer by any ICANN procedure, by any registrar or registry administrator procedures approved by an ICANN-adopted policy, to correct mistakes by us, another registrar or the registry administrator in administering the domain name or for the resolution of disputes concerning the domain name.

This Is Far From An Easy Win

•••
When I perform a whois search at enom.tv, it lists Fangken Lin as the registrant of Pets.tv. May want to grab a screen capture.

•••
Carlton they know the whois shows that when I spoke to Verisign they were well aware. THe key is the 30 Days when I regged LCD.tv for regualr fee that's what John Berryhill told me I had to have pass 30 days. Because for ANY reason they can cancel and everyone agrees to those Terms and conditions the reg does not go through without it

•••
I also suggest you post a thead again at DNF. There many many domainer will back you!

fleaking said:
Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My domain name has been sold by VeriSign to PetsTV.com and they changed the ownership right away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What the fXXk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what a christmas gift for me!!!!!!!!!!!

•••
Fleaking you need to contact John Berryhill who will very quickly give you an answer to what your options are. I believe they are not good because this happened in the first 30 days and no one needs to be a rocket scientist to understand:

SERVICE(S) PROVIDED AT WILL AND TERMINATION OF SERVICE(S): We and your Primary Service Provider may reject your domain name registration application or elect to discontinue providing Service(s) to you for any reason within 30 days of a Service initiation or a Service renewal.

•••
ALWAYS HAS BEEN THAT WAY every registrar has same policy for every domain whatever ext nothing new

•••
equity78 said:
Fleaking you need to contact John Berryhill who will very quickly give you an answer to what your options are. I believe they are not good because this happened in the first 30 days and no one needs to be a rocket scientist to understand:

SERVICE(S) PROVIDED AT WILL AND TERMINATION OF SERVICE(S): We and your Primary Service Provider may reject your domain name registration application or elect to discontinue providing Service(s) to you for any reason within 30 days of a Service initiation or a Service renewal.
"within 30 days of Service renewal..."

Sorry, but what does that mean !?

•••
Whether it was a new reg or a renewal

Meaning if you renewed a domain after a year the first 30 days of that New year they could reject and refund for any reason

•••
equity78 said:
Whether it was a new reg or a renewal

Meaning if you renewed a domain after a year the first 30 days of that New year they could reject and refund for any reason
Unfortunately, I think you're not kidding.
Do you really understand what it means?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back