IT.COM

.tv My regged .tv name will be revoked without any reason! Help!!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I just got this email from Verisign...........

Dear Lin,

Please be advised that your registration to the domain name Pets.tv has been revoked because the domain name was not available for registration. Your registration fee will be refunded. We regret any inconvenience this may cause.

Best Regards,

Customer Service
VeriSign, Inc
www.verisign.com
1 703.925.6999
1 703.421.5828 Fax

I almost fainted when I received this email because I spent almost all of my savings to buy it for my website plan.
Honestly the domain name pets.tv is a standard reg fee one, that's why I bought it from the former owner, I think most of you know that there are still lots of good domains that were not premium priced and were registered by people at standard reg fees, pets.tv is just one of them but it is maybe the TOP one...........

can anyone tell me what I should do right now??
I am still shaking with anger but I don't know what I can do right now......

I need your Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am about to suicide due to lossing of this domain name.............

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
First off calm down as no name is worth hurting yourself over. When did you register this name? I assume you have some sort of binding contract that doesn't allow a name to just be taken from you like that. Have you called Verisign yet?

•••
HBK216 said:
First off calm down as no name is worth hurting yourself over. When did you register this name? I assume you have some sort of binding contract that doesn't allow a name to just be taken from you like that. Have you called Verisign yet?

Fleaking...

The worst part about this is that it has happened just before Christmas...so you will have to sit this out a while....my heart goes out to you....this is a disgrace of the highest order.........

Of one thing you can be sure -

1. WORST CASE SCENARIO - you get your money back

2. BEST CASE SCENARIO - you keep your name witha huge apology attached

3. MIDDLE SCENARIO -original owner keeps the name and you create a seperate binding contract to lease the name from the original owner ad infinitum....in exchange for the moneys paid.....

What an awful Christmas present :(

Best Wishes

James

•••
Let me get this straight:

You bought pets.tv from someone who registered it for reg fee. You paid that person whatever amount you agreed to. The domain was transferred to you and now verisign wants it. Verisign takes the name, seller gets his money for the sale, and you are left with nothing.

Is this what happened or am I misunderstanding something?

•••
That's the most terrible nightmare for any domain holder if it come true. How can a registry take registrant's legally registered domain name away just like that?
How can we trust our domain names are safe to develop or do business on them?
I think there could be something error at the side of registry, we should not tolerate this happened.

•••
You're still listed in the Who-Is. Creation date shows 12-2?
Are you sure it's not a hoax? Not sure why Verisign would have a say. Have you called them?

•••
SKG said:
Let me get this straight:

You bought pets.tv from someone who registered it for reg fee. You paid that person whatever amount you agreed to. The domain was transferred to you and now verisign wants it. Verisign takes the name, seller gets his money for the sale, and you are left with nothing.

Is this what happened or am I misunderstanding something?
you're correct!!!

the original registrant registered this domain name via enom.com at standard reg fee without problem!!! (before enom became the registry of .tv)

do you all remember the stories of LCD .tv, Joy.tv and Smart.tv..................
they are very good domains and were registered at standard reg fee,
pets.tv is the same..........

Last edited:
•••
When did you purchase the name?.. and do you have whois documentation listing you as registrant?

Also, was their email sent in response to you trying to renew the name?

The prior registrant is within his right to sell the name to you and transfer registration. What is meant by "the domain name was not available for registration." This is unclear as it sounds as though the name was unregistered.

•••
No doubt a large financial loss, or even just the fear of a potential one, can drive one to despair. But as I recall from our dealings some months ago you are still a very young man, right? A university student even? I was quite impressed when I found that out. I am certain that someone with your ability and talent for dealmaking will be able to recover this in very little time. Someday you'll look on it, presuming it even does result in the worst case which it yet may not, and laugh.

And take it too from someone who knows, losing a boatload of money is not by any means the worst thing that can happen to you in this life. I'd give every dollar and every domain just to have my sweet wife back for a day.

Know that your problem is being discussed on other boards too and help will come.

Last edited:
•••
westblock said:
You're still listed in the Who-Is. Creation date shows 12-2?
Are you sure it's not a hoax? Not sure why Verisign would have a say. Have you called them?
I haven't callled them because my english speaking is not good to communicate with Englishmen directly........

the email sender is [email protected],
isn't this an correct email address of verisign??

•••
fleaking said:
I haven't callled them because my english speaking is not good to communicate with Englishmen directly........

Yes that is Verisign:

Phone: (703) 925-6999
Fax: (703) 421-5828
E-mail: [email protected]

They are open 24/7 you should call and email.

•••
fleaking said:
verisign-grs.com does belong to Verisign. Maybe it helps if you can give us a few more details, like when you purchased the name and when it was registered by the original owner.

•••
The whois still shows you as Westblock has said.

Whois Record

Registration Service Provided By: XZONE.com

Domain name: pets.tv

Registrant Contact:
New Media Studio
Fangken Lin ()
Fax: none
No.12, JhongSing Rd., SiaJhuang Village Jinhu Township
KinMen, Taiwan 89141
TW

Administrative Contact:
New Media Studio
Fangken Lin ()
KinMen, Taiwan 89141
TW

Technical Contact:
New Media Studio
Fangken Lin ()
KinMen, Taiwan 89141
TW

Name Servers:
NS11.ACSITE.NET
NS12.ACSITE.NET

Creation date: 02 Dec 2006 09:00:21
Expiration date: 02 Dec 2007 09:00:21

•••
Ok, I see the additional details that were posted.

You might contact the Verisign customer service # and inform them that their action is unacceptable and in error. Request that they correct the error and re-establish your registration immediately. Anything less than cooperation, then ...

You need to contact Ari Goldberger (ESQWire.com, online consultation ) and let your attorney begin correspondence with Verisign.

Keep a meticulous record of every person, number, comment made.

Last edited:
•••
Exactly calm down No need to harm yourself Hope that was just anxiety talking. I regged LCD.tv for regular fee when I did I was worried could they come back and take it and spoke to JOhn Berryhill he told me no problems I later sold the domain no problem for the new owner.

Now I have seen domains avail on www.tv I regged then got an email it was a problem because it was really not available. But you said you bought it from someone like someone bought LCD.tv from me is that correct? If so you will win this case Fleaking so calm down. What I don't understand is you got an email from Verisign saying they would reimburse you, if you did not reg it what would they be reimbursing you for the only record they would have is the registrant who sold it to you. I will speak to some people if I can get a hold of them for you fleaking this is very strange. Where did you buy the domain?

•••

Last edited:
•••
equity78 said:
if you did not reg it what would they be reimbursing you for the only record they would have is the registrant who sold it to you.

So it seems the email sender just checked the current whois and sent email to him, it looks weird. I believe it could be some system error and the email was sent automatically, after all, the .tv is in somewhat status of chaos now?

•••
I think this is only a letter sent from a fraud email. I do not think verisign will do like this. Now demand media takes .tv, verign will not do this. Just lock your name at enom, nothing will happened. If it is really be canceled, it is incrediable to the reputation of verisign, and even enom will be against this, because it is regged there. Apparently this name do not worth this. If it is really canceled, it will be a news posted in all the main newspapers...

Please do not list it at sedo, afternic, use it in a proper way these days.

Last edited:
•••
dndriver said:
I think this is only a letter sent from a fraud email. I do not think verisign will do like this. Now demand media takes .tv, verign will not do this. Just lock your name at enom, nothing will happened. If it is really be canceled, it is incrediable to the reputation of verisign, and even enom will be against this, because it is regged there. Apparently this name do not worth this. If it is really canceled, it will be a news posted in all the main newspapers...

Please do not list it at sedo, afternic, use it in a proper way these days.

I think the admain email of .tv registry is [email protected]. I have ever contact him.
I hope so..............
acutally I bought this name only for developement,
I never post it for sale or park it.......

•••
FLEAKING go to chat I created a .tv room anyone else feel free

It is not fraud I called Verisign go to chat

•••
This domain is trying to being taken away because it was an EX-Premium REgistration Fee domain (something like lcd.tv). I was monitoring the domain and somehow the guy beat me by .5 seconds....

Maybe their policy is to take away the domain that slip through the cracks of the "premium registration" system.

•••
damitssam said:
Maybe their policy is to take away the domain that slip through the cracks of the "premium registration" system.

I think even so, how can they made mistakes and we, who are their clients and buy their products legally, suffer ?
I think "deal is deal".

•••
Fleaking and I have spoken to verisign he will get an email from a manager and then we will take it from there to find out why. Verisign does not take domains back for the reason they were premium and slipped through I would tell Scott Higgason all the time of domains that were mispriced and he said you should reg it that cheap never did they adjust the pricing I showed him LLL.tv for $100 and $200 all the time never were they adjusted. This is a unique situation Which ultimately will mean that the original registrant has adispute with Verisign and FLEAKING dealing with the original registrant

Last edited:
•••
equity78 said:
FLEAKING go to chat I created a .tv room anyone else feel free

It is not fraud I called Verisign go to chat

Sorry if I am missing the obvious but where is the .tv room located at? I was hoping a .tv room existed.

•••
When was this name transfered into your account? Where does this name registred? The who is shows, registration services provided by xzone.com which is a parked page presently, how come?

SO the top question, what kind of procedure is used to register this name? Private API or what. Very confusing.

Also, did the name ever resolve after you changed the nameservers or you never checked?

Thanks,

GH

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back