Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

frank-germany

domainer since 2001 / musicianTop Member
Impact
let me share my results from my yesterday outbound with you:

102018_e8c3ffdb8f09cce3f1a8446a254a99ea.png

1 answered: "how much?"

1 answered: "No thanks. Would you be interested acquiring iamadomainsquatter.com? "
(No match for "IAMADOMAINSQUATTER.COM".
>>> Last update of whois database: 2018-04-07T05:45:48Z <<<)

1 answered:
"Thanks for the email, we don't really need another domain, but I see the evaluation is ~$850, so can give you $450.00 for it, would that work?"

any suggestions how to react?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Also it's different to try to pitch over $50k premium domains to fortune 500's versus trying to sell domains for $800 to 4k to medium size businesses who don't always have much cash

•••
we all know that fortune 500 companies are typically owned by an "owner"

come on

this thread should be informative and useful to domainers struggling with outbound
if you want to nourish your ego
or want to self-promote your whatever
start your own thread

you are welcome to finally post some information on how to actually do it better

You are 100% CORRECT!

I edited out the actual job title so that you wouldn't know exactly who to contact to get results.

lol.

That's what you get for acting like a fool.

Only a fool asks for help and when given advice balks at it.

You are just looking for someone to do the work for you, I doubt that is going to happen. Anyone that would do such a thing and hand you the keys to profitability is foolish themselves.

Foolish thread led by OP who can't sell a domain.

Please tell me more how I can be just like you lol.

WTF am I promoting exactly?

Poor thread.

Thumbs down.

•••
@hwgriffi
Just curious, do you outbound on many decent domains which you value in the $800-4k range and send emails to medium size businesses? because from the example you gave, if a company has a trademark and domain staff.. already you're not referring to the same market demographic that is really being discussed here...

Maybe you can sell a Ferrari to a billionaire, but you might not be able to sell a Mercedes to a medium size business owner...

Last edited:
•••
@hwgriffi
Just curious, do you outbound on many decent domains which you value in the $800-4k range and send emails to medium size businesses? because from the example you gave, if a company has a trademark and domain staff.. already you're not referring to the same market demographic that is really being discussed here...

Maybe you can sell a Ferrari to a billionaire, but you might not be able to sell a Mercedes to a medium size business owner...

Yes.

•••
and you're saying that the response you get from medium size companies are the same type of responses and frequency as the example you provided above? basically the company size doesn't matter?

•••
and you're saying that the response you get from medium size companies are the same type of responses and frequency as the example you provided above? basically the company size doesn't matter?

There is a lot of 'grey area' in your question. Many people would classify small, medium, and large sizes very differently.

If you are targeting mom and pop shops and very small companies then their response is certainly going to differ.

But why talk to the small fish for little profit? Why buy small time domains with no potential windfall profit?

The domain I quoted at $80k I piked up for less than $100, but because I communicated effectively my eMail was taken seriously and I had 4 exchanges with the company where we were not able to come to terms.

Go big or go home.

I find that med/large companies do respond the same way, but it's not about their response; it's how you set the tone of the conversation to start with.

Come off like a spammer, drone on about nonsense, and you get treated that way. As OP has been responded to as a scammy-spammy-spammer.

I have nothing to sell like Franky suggests, I'm not promoting anything.

All I'm saying is that if something is not working clean up your process through trial and error and fix it.

•••
overall for sure to change the text is key... I've done that several times myself..

Sometimes it works.. but at the end of the day, once you have a decent text going and it doesn't look like a generic email, I find it still does come down to a numbers game in general for domains that are of decent value but not super premiums. (I sell regularly inbound for few thousand a month, so the quality of the names are not the issue)..

It has become tougher for companies to take emails more seriously because of all the scams taking place and countless emails / calls per day from some countries offering horrible domains and random tech services.

Again outbound is not dead, but the outbound response rates I had maybe 1 to 1.5 years ago was much higher than now overall.

•••
Anyone that would do such a thing and hand you the keys to profitability is foolish themselves.

that's what this forum is about

domainers exchanging experience with other domainers

you didn't give away anything so far
keep it.

•••
•••
•••
here are my results from yesterday
no reply no sales

upload_2018-4-10_7-18-33.png

Last edited:
•••
@frank-germany I think you should classify your portfolio according to the quality of the names. Higher rank names anything above $10K should be left untouched for outbound, if you intend to outbound these I'd suggest go with a simple email informing them the name is on market and that's about it.

Anything less than $10K worth to you is suitable for outbound with the most traction in market being for names range anywhere from $1 to $2000.

How many domains you own in total? You could also try outbounding on names that are expiring and you are on border whether to renew or not.

If you need help regarding finding & verify emails or want to discuss outbound strategies at greater length, feel free to pm me.

Lastly, ignore what self-proclaimed "Pros" say around here, everybody shares their own perception of things and it doesn't necessarily has to suit your own situation. For instance, people around here tell you not to do outbounds because it is SPAM, I wouldn't have had a single sale if it weren't for outbounds.

Cheers and best of luck with this new technique you are testing out!

•••
@frank-germany I think you should classify your portfolio according to the quality of the names. Higher rank names anything above $10K should be left untouched for outbound, if you intend to outbound these I'd suggest go with a simple email informing them the name is on market and that's about it.

Anything less than $10K worth to you is suitable for outbound with the most traction in market being for names range anywhere from $1 to $2000.

How many domains you own in total? You could also try outbounding on names that are expiring and you are on border whether to renew or not.

If you need help regarding finding & verify emails or want to discuss outbound strategies at greater length, feel free to pm me.

Lastly, ignore what self-proclaimed "Pros" say around here, everybody shares their own perception of things and it doesn't necessarily has to suit your own situation. For instance, people around here tell you not to do outbounds because it is SPAM, I wouldn't have had a single sale if it weren't for outbounds.

Cheers and best of luck with this new technique you are testing out!

thank you @UmerK

I did outbound for 250 to 1500 usd names
sold a handfull
250 t o1400 usd

and I did outbound for better names 5000 usd range
but sold by calling them

I will PM you

•••
I've just started hosting an auction on GoDaddy, and instead of flat out asking the potential buyers for an offer, I direct them to my GoDaddy auction. Will let you know how it goes in this thread.

My reasoning is that by directing them to an auction on a well known website, it will bring an element of trust, and also people love auctions... They can revisit and track the auction at their leisure, and also, if they click through and the starting price is too much, they won't waste anyones time with low offers :)

We'll see!

•••
I've just started hosting an auction on GoDaddy, and instead of flat out asking the potential buyers for an offer, I direct them to my GoDaddy auction. Will let you know how it goes in this thread.

My reasoning is that by directing them to an auction on a well known website, it will bring an element of trust, and also people love auctions... They can revisit and track the auction at their leisure, and also, if they click through and the starting price is too much, they won't waste anyones time with low offers :)

We'll see!
Possibly Definitely a bad idea. For potential buyers to participate in the auction, they'll have to purchase an auction membership at GoDaddy. Just that itself is high friction. The upsells by GD further add friction. And lastly, because it is an auction, a serious buyer will have to wait out the auction, perhaps participate in a bidding battle/war/whatever to actually acquire the domain. And that is if you don't have a reserve price (Which btw, is not publicly disclosed on the auction listing page).

IMO, you've significantly increased the friction, increased the probability of frustrating and pissing off potential buyers and reduced the chance of getting the best price and hence ROI

•••
Possibly Definitely a bad idea. For potential buyers to participate in the auction, they'll have to purchase an auction membership at GoDaddy. Just that itself is high friction. The upsells by GD further add friction. And lastly, because it is an auction, a serious buyer will have to wait out the auction, perhaps participate in a bidding battle/war/whatever to actually acquire the domain. And that is if you don't have a reserve price (Which btw, is not publicly disclosed on the auction listing page).

IMO, you've significantly increased the friction, increased the probability of frustrating and pissing off potential buyers and reduced the chance of getting the best price and hence ROI

Didn't think in depth about those scenarios and I am now glad I posted in this thread! Thanks :) This is why I love NP's.

•••
let me share my results from my yesterday outbound with you:

102018_e8c3ffdb8f09cce3f1a8446a254a99ea.png

1 answered: "how much?"

1 answered: "No thanks. Would you be interested acquiring iamadomainsquatter.com? "
(No match for "IAMADOMAINSQUATTER.COM".
>>> Last update of whois database: 2018-04-07T05:45:48Z <<<)

1 answered:
"Thanks for the email, we don't really need another domain, but I see the evaluation is ~$850, so can give you $450.00 for it, would that work?"

any suggestions how to react?

Frank, are these leads US clients?
Feel free to PM me....I might be able to help.

•••
•••
Sorry I don't believe
You really have that much
of success...
Yeah, there are no magic words that bring that response rate.
@JoeStyer , although he is probably tired of hearing about this from me.
Joe is one of the finest human beings in this industry.
It's too bad he's the one who gets to hear everyone's complaints.
Go big or go home...
Talk big & go home.
Still no helpful information.

•••
Talk big & go home.
Still no helpful information.

lol child.

You: "Bet you can't fit into the box"

Person: Get's into the box.

You: Kicks box off the cliff.

You: "Hmm, looks like you could fit into the box after all."

I don't see people rushing here to share their detailed sales process and working scripts. Do you?

Point proven.

Poor thread, very bad. Thumbs down.

Last edited:
•••
I don't see people rushing here to share their detailed sales process and working scripts. Do you?

Point proven.

Poor thread, very bad. Thumbs down.
Whether it's a good or bad thread is up to each individual. You're not God.
You don't like this thread, yet you're in here boasting.
You haven't contributed 1 iota of usefulness here.
-->Not asking anyone to give away the farm.
Just be a contributor.<--
That's what forums are for!

•••
You don't like this thread, yet you're in here boasting.

Lending ones experience is not boasting.

Others seem to have found value in my post containing 3.82 iotas of help. I weighed it just to be sure.

Very sad you cannot find the value.

Tears for us both.

•••

at least for you that's true
definetely

•••
It has been my experience that for outbound emails, you will not get an answer unless they are interested in the name. Most of them have no time or courtesy to say "Sorry, not interested". If you get a reply asking "how much", please do not ignore it, take it seriously and do due diligence about the company and accordingly offer a price.

•••
It has been my experience that for outbound emails, you will not get an answer unless they are interested in the name. Most of them have no time or courtesy to say "Sorry, not interested". If you get a reply asking "how much", please do not ignore it, take it seriously and do due diligence about the company and accordingly offer a price.

you would be really stupid to ignore a "how much" reply ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back