My first sale @ clubhouse

Money 💰 is now in my bank account

i bought the Domain at SEDO auction and booked 2 showcases
Than i got an email to join clubhouse auction

now the Domain is sold and paid

what’s your clubhouse experience?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
I only heard about clubhouse a few days ago and I have to wait until they get the android app so I can check it out.

So far the site is only made for Apple fan boys and lets face it they are usually the ones with cash so it probably works. :xf.grin:

•••
Clubhouse is like sedo/GoDaddy auctions? What's the process of listing domains

•••
•••
•••

I don't get it.

An app used for buying and selling domains, which doesn't use a domain itself? And what about .club, I mean guys we should be used to this by now: promo on the pricing. They are working it, so that's cool. Certainly these things pick up speed.

Congrats on sale dude, pretty neat.

But dam I hate apps. They make me shudder and writhe in pain.

•••

Awesome! I’m on Clubhouse but could you please explain how you got to sell domains on there?

•••
congratulations, Michael! whoohoo. .:)

•••
•••
Greece .de sold on Clubhouse for $13,246 at the end of December with the sale listed in NameBio.

RL .org sold for $12,000 on Clubhouse and is NameBio listed.

Bob

Hi @Bob Hawkes (thanks) - I'm hijacking your comment for a second, it's about the following.

Hello @Michael at NameBio

I've been trying to highlight you earlier about the amounts shown on your website. We're all seeing different amounts for sold domains. I'm seeing $13,000 for RL.org, while Bob is seeing $12,000 for RL.org. What's wrong with the amounts? It's very confusing. A couple of weeks ago, the difference was over $50K for another domain.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-02-12 RL ORG Sales History and Comparable Sales - NameBio.png
    Screenshot_2021-02-12 RL ORG Sales History and Comparable Sales - NameBio.png
    21.2 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
•••
I'm seeing $13,000 for RL.org, while Bob is seeing $12,000 for RL.org
I am wrong. I checked again and it showed $13,000. :|
The best before date on my eyes seems to have passed :xf.frown:.
Thanks for pointing it out, and sorry for my error - too late for me to edit my post.
But $12,000 or $13,000, still a nice sale! :xf.smile: Of course, it is a 2L .org.
Bob

Last edited:
•••
I am wrong. I checked again and it showed $13,000. :xf.sick:
The best before date on my eyes seems to have passed :xf.frown:.
Thanks for pointing it out, and sorry for my error - too late for me to edit my post.
But $12,000 or $13,000 still a nice sale! Of course it is 2L .org.
Bob

Thanks for clarifying this re RL.org @Bob Hawkes - your eyes need some rest ;)

For another domain, there really was a $50K difference a couple of weeks ago on NameBio. This issue was also noticed/raised by @NickB

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
I don't get it.

An app used for buying and selling domains, which doesn't use a domain itself? And what about .club, I mean guys we should be used to this by now: promo on the pricing. They are working it, so that's cool. Certainly these things pick up speed.

Congrats on sale dude, pretty neat.

But dam I hate apps. They make me shudder and writhe in pain.
Join us on Clubhouse for our next LIVE domain auction, today at
4pm CST.

We hope to see you there!

Link to join clubhouse room: https://www.joinclubhouse.com/event/PQwLO2Nv

Link to submit domain names for auction: no_url_shorteners/3tGUIML

•••

thanks. So let me get this straight? I just caught the news about clubhouse thee other day. So clubhouse is like an “ Instagram/Vine/Snapchat but just audio no photos or videos? Pretty sweet for a far ugly guy like me lol? Kinda evens the playing field quite a bit.

so you posted a domain on Clubhouse. Just did an audio sales pitch? People placed bids via audio? Then you did featured listing in Sedo for the domain? I am going to assume you forwarded the domain to the clubhouse link for extra exposure boost? Nice. So how are action regulated? Who monitors it? How do you finally get paid?

disclaimer. I haven’t signed up or checked out the site. I will in a bit.

Clubhouse is one of those “ why didn’t I think of that type creations.
It’s been a long time coming for an option where what finally really matters is THE MESSAGE and NOT THE VISUALS.

I like audio like audible readings. Just put on your headphones go for a walk and listen to auctions without having to look down at a screen.

The problem I see with what you did is how long exactly once people end up at your clubhouse link does it take before they can register for the website?

I can see value because clubhouse as it seems is just right now by invitation only.

so when you get an free difficult to get invite you appreciate it more plus you get hyped up and excited. This just adds to a build up with results in people maybe overpaying. Which is not a bad thing! Lol

I’ll have a look later.

I guess the main question here and I know it’s ghetto to ask “ so how much did you make?” But success is measured by how thick your wallet got before and after lol

I mean did you make more money than say a typical godaddy or sedo or even NamePros auction or is it just average ?

Up to you to say. No arm twisting here. Congrats either way!

•••
@Michael Ehrhardt How do I get invited to Clubhouse?

I have downloaded the app on my Android device, but I was only able to enter my email for a waiting list.

•••
@Michael Ehrhardt How do I get invited to Clubhouse?

I have downloaded the app on my Android device, but I was only able to enter my email for a waiting list.
I signed up over LinkedIn and than I got email
I applied my domains than I got a message that one of my domains were sold

still also need to be invited

•••
Clubhouse is going to revolutionize the domain industry. Even though it is still a kind of closed community, by invitation only, domain sales are taking place everyday. The majority of these sales are at a low reseller price, of course, but the fact is that many sales are taking place with a room with about 100 people. Imagine what will happen when the APP becomes totally public and you have 500 or event thousands of people in an auction.

Last edited:
•••
Every name I put up got at least $100 bids. Way more than we would get here. Its going to be insane when everyone can use the app as its very addicting.

•••
Can someone send me an invite to clubhouse please?

•••
Looking for an invite as well. Thank you in advance!

Cheers

•••
•••
Back