Dynadot

.tv My first developed .tv domain - water.tv

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hey guys!

First of all I want to ask mods not to remove my thread to any other section. I created it in the .tv section cause it's rather not about the website but about the domain name - .tv. So, my audience is here. Please :)

Well, I was thinking a lot (through years) about development and finally decided to develop a site on a .tv domain :) And I choosed one of my best .tv's. I decided to sell waterproof TVs. Hope it's not a very bad idea and I will have some results.

The site was made fully by me on wordpress (3 weeks ago I couldn't even imagine that I will do something on it - cause development is like Chinese for me). But with some consultation help I did it. Maybe it doesn't look very professional for now, but I will try my best to make it better.

Anyway - water.tv is developed now :)

Nick

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Congrats on your first .TV development! :) It wasn't too long ago I had developed my first .TV as well (Settings.tv)... I think your site looks great! Doesn't look like you're too terrible with development :)

•••
Thank you FPForum! :)
There is almost no codding, so it wasn't so hard.

•••
I like the design. I have tried development via XSitePro2 and Godaddy's managed Wordpress hosting but my sites still look amateurish. While end user demand for .TV demand continues to be sporadic, if one can develop a solid business on a domain, who cares about resale pricing?

•••
Looks good Nick.
Very polished. imo

•••
Thanks Leonard and Ronnie! :)

Actually I used code literally 2 times during work with this site (2 small code lines were made by my friend). I used a WP theme, so it was almost like LEGO :)

•••
I had no idea they made waterproof TVs. And why?

•••
I had no idea that waterproof TV can cost GBP 12 000 :)

Generally they made for wet environments, like for example you can watch TV in your shower. Could also be used on ships, boats, in pools etc.

•••
Congrats, very clean website.
Just a question... Who is selling the products? Because at the beginning I thought it was Amazon affiliation or something like that but it doesn't seem the case,

•••
Congrats on your first .TV dev site. It looks good.
Not sure about such a narrow niche market focus though.
Good luck.

•••
Thanks guys!

eyedomainous:
Agree with you it's a very specific niche, but maybe it's a plus, from the other side. We'll see how it will work.

Alessandro:
It's not an affiliate website. It's rather lead generation scheme. I work only with one known in this field, solid manufacturer - VideoTree (UK based). I'm selling their products through my website. It looks rather like I am advertising their TV's through my website and if you will place and order (you can do it) through my website, you will receive a discount (comparing to the manufacturer's price). For now it works this way.

•••
@twomoon - Nice site and best of luck with the launch.

•••
Excellent name! There's plenty of water in and around Tuvalu, so WATER.TUVALU would seem perfect for the extension. As a matter of fact, Tuvalu is an island! It's all about water! Well done!

•••
water.tv is developed now :)
Nick

really good one word name! and Nice simple site.

Maybe you can tie-up with different companies in different countries and show their tv based on visitors geo location.

•••
Great name and a very nice site for a first effort.

Hope it does you well.

•••
Maybe you can increase the lineup to include all kinds of waterproof tech to reach a much larger customer base.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back