IT.COM

My Experience So Far & Should I Specify "Push" in My Auctions?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

jester1972

Established Member
Impact
Hey guys! I was curious, should I mention push only, or is that typically assumed to be the case? I am mostly interested in ROLLING Hand Reg. domains (flipping sounds too quick and easy LOL), so most names I'll be listing will still be under the 60 day push only mark.

Also, I would appreciate your opinion on the names I have/had so far. Any insight as to the pros/cons of my selections would be great. I do realize that most are not specific enough for long tail targeting, but going for what I would consider "brandable niche" names. Sorry, I'm not fluent in Domainer lingo as of yet. Is "brandable niche" a thing? The ones that have already sold were on Ebay. Marked "current" are at auction here at NP.

thriftstorehacks.com (currently $2)
trickwhips.com (currently $2)
shrimplover.com (sold $35-ish)

nichestats.com (currently $3)
groovyfashion.net (sold... $0.77 ugh)
collielover.com (currently $2)
buyinghacks.com
bowlinglover.com (currently $5)
beastgravy.com (sold $3.55 grrr )
alpacanerd.com (Currently $1 )
alpacalover.com
alpacageek.com
alpacadude.com
ClanMaster.net (sold 2.55 sigh)

Not sure what I was thinking with the whole alpaca thing. LOL Anyway, I wanted to kinda share my experience so far, as I am only a couple weeks into even understanding the basics. I was stoked to come across NP. Seems to be a ton of good hearted folks, willing to freely share their hard earned knowledge. That's priceless in my book.

At this point, I am running auctions starting at $1 and hope for the best. I know, terrible strategy. LOL But, I also know me. And, with skin in the game, I am far more attentive. Not to mention, it's kind of addicting fishing for names, then watching the auctions.

Any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated, and I wish you the very best in your ventures.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I was curious, should I mention push only, or is that typically assumed to be the case? I am mostly interested in ROLLING Hand Reg. domains (flipping sounds too quick and easy LOL), so most names I'll be listing will still be under the 60 day push only mark.
That won't hurt, to mention the 60 day lock and which registrar the domain is on. Especially assuming you reg them at some cheapest venues for $1 that not all domainers would be happy to deal with.

•••
That won't hurt, to mention the 60 day lock and which registrar the domain is on. Especially assuming you reg them at some cheapest venues for $1 that not all domainers would be happy to deal with.
I use Namecheap, so the $1 starts are far from covering cost. LOL I will begin to mention the lock in future listings, and Namecheap is stated as the registrar in all auctions. Appreciate the tips.

•••
I say yes, let everyone know its a push and what registrar. As far as the names, have you tried using namebio.com to check if any of the keywords sold before you reg the domains? It can help with getting a rough idea of how much certain things might sell for. Welcome to NP!

•••
Thanks for the welcome! I have just started messing with namebio, but planning on digging in deeper since it's mentioned here so often. Are the numbers ACTUAL sale numbers at nambio?

•••
Thanks for the welcome! I have just started messing with namebio, but planning on digging in deeper since it's mentioned here so often. Are the numbers ACTUAL sale numbers at nambio?
As far as I know yes, those are reported sales from various marketplaces, but some reports could also have been submitted privately, and I'm not sure if they require proof or not. Either way, it can be a useful tool to see what is currently making sales, or help you decide whether to pull the trigger or just wait when you find something.

•••
As far as I know yes, those are reported sales from various marketplaces, but some reports could also have been submitted privately, and I'm not sure if they require proof or not. Either way, it can be a useful tool to see what is currently making sales, or help you decide whether to pull the trigger or just wait when you find something.
Agreed. Looks to be a very useful tool. I'll definitely be doing a little research there before buying my next domain.

•••
Wouldn't recommend using NameCheap. Nothing terribly wrong with it but there are better and cheaper registrars: NameSilo, Uniregistry, Dynadot. And Dynadot has .COMs @ $6.99 until end of April.

Just a suggestion. Good luck :)

•••
•••
Wouldn't recommend using NameCheap. Nothing terribly wrong with it but there are better and cheaper registrars: NameSilo, Uniregistry, Dynadot. And Dynadot has .COMs @ $6.99 until end of April.

Just a suggestion. Good luck :)
Yes, cheaper alternatives would help a bunch. LOL I will check into them. Thanks for the tip! :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back