Dynadot

question My domains showing up for sale for more than I'm asking

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

namescan

Established Member
Impact
I was doing a whois search the other day on one of my domain names, and it lead to a "buy now" link on Name.com. The domain is for sale for $140 more then I'm actually asking for. I have the domain listed on Afternic.

Now are they taking the 20% commission out of the higher price on Name.com or the price I'm actually selling it for on Afternic? Or, will that be determined by where it was purchased? And is that standard practice to raise the price of the domain on these affiliated domain selling sites?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I was doing a whois search the other day on one of my domain names, and it lead to a "buy now" link on Name.com. The domain is for sale for $140 more then I'm actually asking for. I have the domain listed on Afternic.

Now are they taking the 20% commission out of the higher price on Name.com or the price I'm actually selling it for on Afternic? Or, will that be determined by where it was purchased? And is that standard practice to raise the price of the domain on these affiliated domain selling sites?

That's how it works with Afternic DLS Fast Transfer network.

The participating registers such as Name.com will get cut a Cut of the sale by promoting your name at a slightly higher price, Afternic will get the 20 % from the price you have have listed with them.

But Godaddy and Afternic will display the price you have set in your Afternic account.

NameCheap is the only one that I know of that it will be listed at a slightly lower price than you have listed, but you still get full Afternic pay if it sells via NC

Last edited:
•••
Oh okay. That makes sense.

BTW, I have several names that Afternic is showing non-fast transfer in red. Is there a way to add those names too? I didn't see how to do that on AN.

•••
Oh okay. That makes sense.

BTW, I have several names that Afternic is showing non-fast transfer in red. Is there a way to add those names too? I didn't see how to do that on AN.

Sometimes the systems is buggy and they can still be in FT mode (while RED) , just type given into name.com to see. I simply delete and relist the name in Afternic to correct this. ( their "in review" mode is a pain as sometimes it stays that way unless manually corrected) delete and relist is fastest way to correct.

Last edited:
•••
Actually what I'm getting is "NO (Opt-in Required)" in red. Should I just delete as you say and relist those names?

Last edited:
•••
Actually what I'm getting is "NO (Opt-in Required)" in red. Should I just delete as you say and relist those names?

Yes, I just delete and relist.

So that all your DLS Fast Transfer Names say “ YES ( in black) FT enabled.

•••
•••
also not all tld accepted for fast transfr

•••
Oh, I didn't know that. Is that determined automatically by AN or do they have someone look at my domain names and prevent fast transfer? Guess I can try deleting them and relisting. If it still wont go to fast transfer, must not be allowed on those names. I only have 6 or 7 names at AN, 3 of those were showing fast transfer enabled.

Last edited:
•••
Oh, I didn't know that. Is that determined automatically by AN or do they have someone look at my domain names and prevent fast transfer? Guess I can try deleting them and relisting. If it still wont go to fast transfer, must not be allowed on those names. I only have 6 or 7 names at AN, 3 of those were showing fast transfer enabled.

This would help (from Afternic):

For domains to be eligible for the Premium Promotion level, they need to be registered at the current registrar for at least 60 days. The domains that you selected for Premium Promotion have not been registered at GoDaddy for at least 60 days. I have switched them to the Network Promotion level, so that they are actively listed for sale. Once they have been registered for 60 days, you can successfully upgrade them to the Premium Promotion level.

Here are all of the criteria that domains must meet to be eligible for the Premium level:

• .com, .net, .biz, .org, .pw and .info TLDs only
• Listed domains must have a Buy Now price
• Buy Now price must be below $100,000
• Registered for 60 days or longer with the current registrar
• Registration must not be within 30 days of expiration
• Registered with a Premium Promotion Partner
• No transfer holds at the registrar

Our list of Premium partners includes GoDaddy, Wild West Domains, Network Solutions, Register.com, Name.com, eNom, Domain Discover, Tierranet, EuroDNS, Tucows, Dynadot, Public Domain Registry, Big Rock, Domain.com, Regtons, Heart Internet, Domainbox, 123.reg.co.uk, NameSilo, and DomainMonster.com.

Last edited:
•••
Back