IT.COM

My domain is on Redemption period don't want to lose it! Need some Help!! (Noobie)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Hellen

Impact
Hi,
My domain name is on GoDaddy redemption period day 27 after expiry date.
I contacted GoDaddy support via chat and asked how to renew my new gTLD domain.
They told it is going to be $80 fee and about $140 together, but I told that I didn't have money and will do payment myself later (don't want spend that amount of money).
After 25 days it goes to public auction as I understand.
But It is day 27 and I don't see it on public auction. why? Maybe because of new gTLD?

After 42 days as I understand it will be available to register again. 42 days am I right?
Is it safe to wait when domain is deleted from registry and will be available again for reg fee?

It is pretty decent one word new gTLD and I am afraid to lose it and most of all I am afraid that GoDaddy will take it right after it is available or someone will back order it, because now they know the domain.

Example am I still able to renew it for $140 before day 42 and after public auction has ended?
I know Dynadot allow to get domain back 3 days after public auction has ended with winner.

Please I need some help from people with more experience about this!!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Transfer to lcn.com $6.22 each. Hurry!

•••
Transfer to lcn.com $6.22 each. Hurry!
Thank you for reply!!!
Yes, but how can I get transfer code and unlock it? Is it too late?
I don't have it on my regular domain list.

•••
Check you expired list. From there click unlock and email authorization code.

•••
You have 42 days to transfer.

•••
Thank you for reply!!!
Yes, but how can I get transfer code and unlock it? Is it too late?
I don't have it on my regular domain list.
Welcome good luck?

•••
Check you expired list. From there click unlock and email authorization code.
Thank you!! Just made lcn account
But I cant find it on my expired domain list, thats why I contacted GD via chat.
They gave me some link where I can see my domains in redemption period.

•••
•••
Yes I Unlocked and now I have the code Perfect!!!!!! (y) Thank you!!! :xf.smile::xf.smile::xf.smile:
Super fast helpful support!!!

Cool glad to help as I was helped with this same info. I tell you though this same gem of info created a monster in me.

Been transferring ever since . Did you transfer to lcn?

•••
Cool glad to help as I was helped with this same info. I tell you though this same gem of info created a monster in me.

Been transferring ever since . Did you transfer to lcn?
Yes very useful info! Thank you again!
I made transfer ,but to Uniregistry because I have some domains there and they have a bit lower renewal and transfer price on this particular new gtld. $36 vs $44. It was hard to decide.. Is it OK?? Will this include 1 year renewal? I think I can still cancel transfer and go for Icn - looks cheap for other domain extensions .com .net....and co.uk for free

•••
•••
I made transfer ,but to Uniregistry because I have some domains there and they have a bit lower renewal and transfer price on this particular new gtld. $36 vs $44. It was hard to decide.. Is it OK?? Will this include 1 year renewal? I think I can still cancel transfer and go for Icn - looks cheap for other domain extensions .com .net....and co.uk for free
It's okay to transfer to Uni. Yes, it will include a year of renewal. Also, a good call to transfer to Uni as LCN makes you jump through a few hoops during the initial transactions which can cause delays

•••

$36 vs $44 umm I'm guessing this domain was not a .com? What extension was it?

•••
I'm guessing this domain was not a .com
Yup. From the OP:
It is pretty decent one word new gTLD and I am afraid to lose it and most of all I am afraid that GoDaddy will take it right after it is available or someone will back order it, because now they know the domain.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back