Domain Empire

question My domain has been reserved by the Registry in accordance with ICANN Policy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

alizxxz

Established Member
Impact
Hi Pros,

one of my 2L domains has been reserved by the Registry in accordance with ICANN Policy, it is gTLD domain with 1 years old, why this happened and please tell me what to do ?

Thanks in advance

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
I have seen this happen (not to ones I owned, but ones that I had seen were going to drop and had planned to snap up), but it was when they dropped. I don't think, surely, they can do this to domains that are registered? Certainly hope they can't!

•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
this.

now your name is Platinum.
Rule #1 do not drop new Gs
?!! i didn't get it, what does it mean and why to be reserved ?

•••
•••
•••
I've already seen this happen plenty of times. The registry of a specific gtld will have remorse for failing to categorize a premium name in the right price tier before the extensions release. They wait for them to drop and then reserve the name. I'm sure they were thankful that you let it drop.

This just happened the other day to me while trying to drop catch coin.enterprises. About 3 minutes before it would have dropped, it went into reserved status. It was reg fee before.

Some others that I have owned and let drop have been reserved as well, and a few just had the price increased significantly.

Its part of the game. There is a lot to compete with.

Last edited:
•••
I have seen this happen (not to ones I owned, but ones that I had seen were going to drop and had planned to snap up), but it was when they dropped. I don't think, surely, they can do this to domains that are registered? Certainly hope they can't!

Be careful .. Registries most certainly CAN change whatever they want including pricing WHILE you "own" a domain. They do now have some restrictions in giving you X number of months notice though. (Also remember that nobody ever actually legally owns a domain either)

That being said .. most registries use common sense and don't jack up a regular domain to a premium domain while it is "owned" by someone as it would bring a horrible backlash from the community an a ton of negative press within the domain community.

Several years ago (before I got more seriously into domaining) I registered a couple dozen incredible .news domains. Names like USA, Diet, Health, App, Movie, Mortgage, Canada, Music, Job, Fashion, Sports, World, Insurance, Tech, NewYork, Vegas, Miami, Advertising, etc. I was super excited .. I started making development plans and setting up a partnership for a couple of them .. then a couple of days later GoDaddy reversed the transaction. I realise it wasn't their fault, but it would have been nice if they would have stood up to the registry and let me keep one at least as compensation for me essentially losing a few days of my life! Still pisses me off to this day thinking about it!

But yeah .. I don't actually think it's unreasonable for them to change the price or status after a domain has been dropped.

Last edited:
•••
interesting, i received a few offers on my 2L .network this last 2 months, probably people knowing about that change

i'll make sure to renew all of them before they drop,
i own 20+ good 2L & 2N in .network (renewal at 18$)

•••
interesting, i received a few offers on my 2L .network this last 2 months, probably people knowing about that change

i'll make sure to renew all of them before they drop,
i own 20+ good 2L & 2N in .network (renewal at 18$)
How much was reg fee?

•••
•••
They are not reserved by Donuts... but requalified to Premium tier.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back