Dynadot

My domain 6462.com has been stolen

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DnEbook

DataGlasses.ComTop Member
Impact
Not going to get into a long conversation about this other than to say the domain name 6462.com has been stolen and is now at ename.com .......merry F****KING XMAS TO ME

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Acro, I tried to message you on your contact form of acroplex, but the password wasn't right, and the message got deleted. It's hard to email you. Do I have to type the complicated privacy email, to send an email to you?

•••
What was left were 312 domains. 312 means that 15% are not owned by GD which is a lot different than .1%.
Please post them here, or pm me.

Last edited:
•••
Please post them here, or pm me. I'll squash that right now.

I suspect that you're going to attribute this to some part of the conspiracy, but believe it or not, I didn't think to save those results for posterity. I'm not going to do the work again but since zfbot.com is still operational you can always download the list and filter out the GD owned domains yourself. Good luck with it.

•••
•••
I suspect that you're going to attribute this to some part of the conspiracy, but believe it or not, I didn't think to save those results for posterity. I'm not going to do the work again but since zfbot.com is still operational you can always download the list and filter out the GD owned domains yourself. Good luck with it.
Can you filter the list easily? Thanx for replying.

•••
So now when me (the actual of domains) starts to transfer out i get this ,F**king Assholes what a pity those wankers didn't send something like that when my name was getting stolen !
~
Dear rod seeber,

We're sorry you transferred your domain name(s) away from GoDaddy. We are committed to providing quality services and products and hope that we met your needs.

If you feel your transfer was in error, or if you have changed your mind, please contact our sales department at (480) 505-8877. They'll assist you in transferring your domain name(s) back to us.† Keep in mind that we continue to offer low prices and $7.99 transfer rates on some domains.

Sincerely,
GoDaddy

Haha, wow. Bit late there, eh, GoDaddy? They definitely need to step up their security.

•••
•••
Any update Rod?

Well Godaddy stepped up to the plate and got the name back! I am very grateful to them for backing their customers and acting on their behalf, I am aware of at least one other person who only a week ago also had their stolen names returned to Godaddy. Of course now I have to consider better security options for this name and others but it is locked for the moment and will just enjoy a few ales and be happy that this was a win, so yes friend the stolen domain was today returned to my account (different) after a long two week wait that allowed ename to to appeal Verisign's decision to return the domain to godaddy. At this point I also wish to thank DomainGang for being so vocal about the rash of thefts! I am sure their input has helped bring this situation to the attention of the people who should be told, DomainSherpa have also been proactive in helping people avoid this happening to them, and as well as Domain Gang have provided options and solutions for domainers to increase their security in regards to domain names. If I have missed anyone ..please excuse me, regards all!

Last edited:
•••
Nice to hear you got your domain back, must have been pretty agonizing all this while.
Go out and party now! :)

•••
Good News. Glad to hear this from you :)

•••
Congratz EV1.
Glad it finally worked out, and kudos to the industry leaders that hekped bring focus to the problem.

Maybe you can get a tune out of this... lost and returned love kinda thang... ;)

Peace,
Cy

•••
nice to hear you now have ur domain back. Congrat

•••
•••
Congratz EV1.
Glad it finally worked out, and kudos to the industry leaders that hekped bring focus to the problem.

Maybe you can get a tune out of this... lost and returned love kinda thang... ;)

Peace,
Cy

Thanks Brother! I think will leave it a nice even 10,000 posts for now and just say be nice to each other!
~
As for tunes ...... well i'll leave you with my song titled Sweet Sunday ......seems appropriate, cheers
~

•••
Rod, this is splendid news.

Thank you for your kind words about DomainGang and the coverage approach of the incident that I recommended.

These days, unless you scream "Fire!" nobody listens while you're burning. Anyone that loses their domain assets to cybercriminals need advice, direction and assistance.

I commend you for thanking GoDaddy's efforts, despite the initial loss of the domain from them due to a phishing scheme, they work VERY hard to retrieve the domains. Think about all the damn hours spent on getting these domains back, hundreds of hours interfacing with a Chinese company that makes it hard, if not impossible, to retrieve them - unless Verisign steps in and orders the names out, or else.

Last edited:
•••
Looking fwd to post(s) 10,001+

Peace,
Cy

•••
Nice going, Godaddy!

Bring back mva.net and 1PM.com.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back