IT.COM

My domain 6462.com has been stolen

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DnEbook

DataGlasses.ComTop Member
Impact
Not going to get into a long conversation about this other than to say the domain name 6462.com has been stolen and is now at ename.com .......merry F****KING XMAS TO ME

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So your logic is that if someone/anyone registers a domain with 'GoDaddy' in it and GoDaddy doesn't promptly file a UDRP, they are doing it because they themselves created it, in order to confuse their own customers and have them fall prey to a Chinese conman's user/pass capturing portal, correct?

•••
Godaddy crushes every infringing registration five days after the registration. Anything with godaddy in it, for sure. Even daddy domains that have nothing to do with godaddy, and gomommy.com, have been transferred to Godaddy, except the ones on Acro's list:

And btw, even this part of your argument is provably false. Go to zfbot.com and type in "Godaddy". You'll find that between domains with godaddy at the start and godaddy at the end there are more than 2500 registered domains that include "godaddy" in them, so that even your claim that Godaddy pursues everyone with a udrp is nonsense.

•••
This guy is the registrant of ALL the above spammy scammy domains

Registrant Name: wuyanmei
Registrant Organization: wu yan mei
Registrant Street: huilaixian donglongzhen
Registrant City: Shaoguanshi
Registrant State/Province: Guangdong
Registrant Postal Code: 512000

All have been registered on the 3rd of December and all are with Ename...obviously

•••
services-godaddydotcomDomainToolsWhois12272014.jpg

So your logic is that if someone/anyone registers a domain with 'GoDaddy' in it and GoDaddy doesn't promptly file a UDRP, they are doing it because they themselves created it, in order to confuse their own customers and have them fall prey to a Chinese conman's user/pass capturing portal, correct?
Yes.

•••
Domain tools IS NOT CORRECT as always.
Check on whois.com which is much better and you will see that those domains have been registered on the 3rd of December 2014

•••
And btw, even this part of your argument is provably false. Go to zfbot.com and type in "Godaddy". You'll find that between domains with godaddy at the start and godaddy at the end there are more than 2500 registered domains that include "godaddy" in them, so that even your claim that Godaddy pursues everyone with a udrp is nonsense.
I went there, and the large majority of the godaddy domain names, when I typed in godaddy, are in godaddy's control, on its servers.

So, what is your point?

•••
services-godaddy.com registry whois
Updated 1 second ago - Refresh
Domain Name: SERVICES-GODADDY.COM
Registrar: ENAME TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD.
Whois Server: whois.ename.com
Referral URL: http://www.ename.net
Name Server: DNS1.IIDNS.COM
Name Server: DNS2.IIDNS.COM
Name Server: DNS3.IIDNS.COM
Name Server: DNS4.IIDNS.COM
Name Server: DNS5.IIDNS.COM
Name Server: DNS6.IIDNS.COM
Updated Date: 12-sep-2014
Creation Date: 03-jun-2014
Expiration Date: 03-jun-2015

•••
I went there, and the large majority of the godaddy domain names, when I typed in godaddy, are in godaddy's control, on its servers.

So, what is your point?

Majority does not equal all. You claimed that Godaddy aggressively pursues everyone that registers a domain name that includes Godaddy in it and that the only exceptions to that rule were the spammy domains in your list. I've now proven that claim false and shown you what actual evidence looks like.

•••
account-godaddy.com registry whois
Updated 1 second ago - Refresh
Domain Name: ACCOUNT-GODADDY.COM
Registrar: ENAME TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD.
Whois Server: whois.ename.com
Referral URL: http://www.ename.net
Name Server: DNS1.IIDNS.COM
Name Server: DNS2.IIDNS.COM
Name Server: DNS3.IIDNS.COM
Name Server: DNS4.IIDNS.COM
Name Server: DNS5.IIDNS.COM
Name Server: DNS6.IIDNS.COM
Updated Date: 03-dec-2014
Creation Date: 03-dec-2014
Expiration Date: 03-dec-2015

THE GUY IS PROBABLY IMPLEMENTING HIS PORTFOLIO THEN...

•••
Louise, I want to have a logical discussion here but you're making it hard with this nonsense. It's your right to believe in conspiracies, just don't consider them 'evidence'.

•••
Thank you for the link. I think zfbot.com makes my case, rather than refutes it, because it shows 99.9% of the godaddy domains registered are under its control.

I clicked your link. Now, please click mine:

https://www.valuate.com/services-godaddy.com

Software automates the flag, when a godaddy domain is registered, which godaddy used to flag all those infringing registrations.

It is not the urdp wins, though Godaddy has dozens, at least. It is a cease and desist EMAIL, sent about five days after the registration, demanding the transfer.

That way, Verisgn and ICANN don't lose their fees, because the Registrant can't throws it back.

Sorry I offended anyone. I respect all of you, and didn't mean to come off disrespectful.

- Louise

•••
Please post these 99.9% domains that are under GD's control.

While you're at it, let us know what happens with part #2 of this theory: Is Ename then auctioning off the stolen domains and splits the profit with GoDaddy executives? Is Bob Parson's personally involved?

You might have uncovered the biggest conspiracy since the JFK/Mafia connection!

•••
Thank you for the link. I think zfbot.com makes my case, rather than refutes it, because it shows 99.9% of the godaddy domains registered are under its control.

I clicked your link. Now, please click mine:

https://www.valuate.com/services-godaddy.com

Software automates the flag, when a godaddy domain is registered, which godaddy used to flag all those infringing registrations.

It is not the urdp wins, though Godaddy has dozens, at least. It is a cease and desist EMAIL, sent about five days after the registration, demanding the transfer.

That way, Verisgn and ICANN don't lose their fees, because the Registrant can't throws it back.

Sorry I offended anyone. I respect all of you, and didn't mean to come off disrespectful.

- Louise

That's an interesting argument except that it's based on the premise that 99.9% are controlled by GD. Once you remember that that figure is made up, your argument falls apart. I downloaded the list of domains that contained Godaddy at the front ( 2,022 domains ) and deleted every domain that was not using GD's nameservers ( it's possible that some that do use GD nameservers are not owned by GD, but let's say they all are for the sake of argument ). What was left were 312 domains. 312 means that 15% are not owned by GD which is a lot different than .1%. Additionally, I checked the whois on a random selection and found some that some were several years old. How does that square with your claim that GoDaddy actively chases after everyone that violates their TM?

I also did a UDRP search and only came up with 10 cases where GD went after people.

And btw, nobody is "offended" by your remarks. The problem we have with them is that you are making accusations in a public forum and that your accusations are based on nothing more than speculation. I can't speak for anyone else, but I personally find that irresponsible. I suspect that if you were the target of the kind of unsubstantiated accusations that you're making here yourself, that you'd probably understand why it's just plain wrong to do so.

Last edited:
•••
Every business has to account for unfair loss. They don't have to be happy about it, but they'd be fools to assume that they are above such things. Retail is the most obvious example: theft is simply a part of the game, and most large retail chains instruct their employees to let thieves go, without putting up a fight--it's just not worth the trouble and potential loss due to conflict.

Internet business is risky, just like retail. While you avoid the hassles of the physical world, you're also choosing to partake in a reality that nobody fully understands. In person, business is relatively predictable: we know people can't walk through walls, and it's pretty easy to tell if someone could reasonably break through any given window. Vulnerabilities aren't so apparent on the Internet. We'd be fools to assume that we're immune: as a professional, I can guarantee that every person reading this is vulnerable to a very wide variety of exploits at any given moment, including myself. The only perfectly secure approach is to unplug your computer and melt it down.

Blaming other systems isn't ideal, simply because your influence over them is so insignificant. Instead, you have to compensate with your own system. In many cases, that may mean opting to use a more expensive or less friendly product. As I showed previously, Namecheap has a DMARC implementation that likely would have prevented this type of scam. Sadly, my registrar of choice does not; however, I've started switching to Namecheap for this and similar reasons.

Multi-factor authentication is pretty nice, but it can be circumvented. It wouldn't necessarily have prevented this attack, and there are other methods that likely would have been more effective. Phishing is actually one of the easiest ways to bypass MFA: the phishing website can automatically read questions/queries from the real website, forward them to you, then proxy your answers back to the real servers until login is successful. It's certainly silly that Go Daddy only offers MFA in the US, but there are valid reasons why they might start by only offering it to one region. (Deployment complications/update schedules, rolling releases, laws relating to encryption and authentication, etc.)

In the end, there isn't much you can do, and it's probably not worth spending to much time on the matter. While it is still technically possible for you to recover the domain, your chances are slim. Notifying various entities that the domain has been stolen is probably only going to decrease its value in the event that you do get it back, and no amount of noise or opposition will convince ENAME et al to transfer it back to you, short of a successful lawsuit. You can tell by their would-be trademark that they couldn't care less about your property.

The two entities who really have power here are ICANN and the registry (not registrar). ICANN doesn't care. The registry might, though. You could try taking that route.

Edit: If you contact the registry, you need to appear cool and collected. Messages like the one you sent to Go Daddy won't fly. Exclamation marks, accusations, and demands will get your nowhere with such an organization.

•••
•••
... If GD had this feature the OP would have known as soon as his account was logged into and could have got on the phone ASAP to report the breach.

Godaddy let my domain transfer out to ename 'AFTER' i had reported it stolen ( it was pushed to another GD account while i was on the phone with GD). Once it's gone from your account, you're fucked with GD.

Edit.: Not ONCE did GD address my questions on the phone or by email about how this was allowed to happen.

•••
It's time to transfer out your value domains from Godaddy guys, they're not Godaddy few years ago.

•••
It's time to transfer out your value domains from Godaddy guys, they're not Godaddy few years ago.

They were never any good, in my opinion. They've always seemed to be more interested in end users and hosting.

•••
ho hum ..... 1.30 am ... beer not goint o
Godaddy let my domain transfer out to ename 'AFTER' i had reported it stolen ( it was pushed to another GD account while i was on the phone with GD). Once it's gone from your account, you're fucked with GD.

Edit.: Not ONCE did GD address my questions on the phone or by email about how this was allowed to happen.

They treat their customers like shit and i will be contacting Icann about it the whole thing, as for whois responsible, all i got to say is money and power corrupt and if godaddy are using third world customer support it actually possible someone took a bribe. What's possible and what is proof are two different things of course. Am i going to get involved in a popcorn thread that i started ......not likely

•••
So now when me (the actual of domains) starts to transfer out i get this ,F**king Assholes what a pity those wankers didn't send something like that when my name was getting stolen !
~
Dear rod seeber,

We're sorry you transferred your domain name(s) away from GoDaddy. We are committed to providing quality services and products and hope that we met your needs.

If you feel your transfer was in error, or if you have changed your mind, please contact our sales department at (480) 505-8877. They'll assist you in transferring your domain name(s) back to us.† Keep in mind that we continue to offer low prices and $7.99 transfer rates on some domains.

Sincerely,
GoDaddy

•••
@evirtual1 did you check if your email address has any input filter inside?

•••
•••
I think there are 2 possible situations:
- Your email account is hacked, and hacker created an input filter, to forward the email notification of this domain to his account.
- Godaddy email is hacked, and hacker filter the sent emails

•••
I think there are 2 possible situations:
- Your email account is hacked, and hacker created an input filter, to forward the email notification of this domain to his account.
- Godaddy email is hacked, and hacker filter the sent emails

The second possibility seems really unlikely.

Anyhow, at this point, it wouldn't mean much if the OP didn't find any filters in his outlook account since the hacker might have deleted them immediately after being done with the transfer. There's also the possibility that the hacker might have not used any filters at all. He could have simply camped out in the outlook account and read and deleted the emails as they came in. Ideally, it would have been great if OP could review his outlook.com login history, but it doesn't appear that that's going to happen.

•••
Excuse my ignorance.
How can they steal my login details if I don't fill any form with password and account name in the page I am redirected to?
Possible if your PC is infected. Some time it is not neccessary to fill some form, pulling you to visit some pages can be enough for some viral to get roots on your pc. If you have valuable domains, you have to be paranoid about login. Two Factor is one of them, consider using different browsers and even different virtual machines to navigate around.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back