IT.COM

My design was stolen (FALSE REPORT)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

planet-nick

Account Closed
Impact
ONE ARMERD SCISSOR HAS STOLEN MY DESIGN FROM MY WEBSITE - I OWN AND RUN PLANET-NICK WEB DESIGN WWW.PLANET-NICK.COM AND HE HAS STOLEN MY DESIGN BE AWARE OF HIM

please could anyone give me some advice as what to do???

here is his site http://www.inversedesigns.cjb.net/ and look how close it is to my site - please help me :'(

[MOD NOTE: THIS CLAIM TURNED OUT TO BE FALSE. PLANET-NICK IS THE DESIGN THIEF, SEE ALL POSTS IN THREAD]

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's very tricky to determine which one would be the correct one.

This is from www.planet-nick.com/home.htm:

<font face="Agency FB">COPYRIGHT 2005 - PLANET-NICK WEB DESIGN</font>

I don't remember "Agency FB" being on the list of recommended font faces for web sites!

And on www.inversedesigns.cjb.net we see some stupid cheap hosting, no domain and an hotmail adress. For a web designer?

Could maybe be that they both ripped the design from some other site/template and both claim that theirs are original. Anyway, they should admit both I think. :D

•••
EDIT: Wait, One_Armed_Scissor showed you his website design before you even had yours up. How could One_Armed_Scissor have stolen a page that existed before yours?

Last edited:
•••
planet-nick said:
ONE ARMERD SCISSOR HAS STOLEN MY DESIGN FROM MY WEBSITE - I OWN AND RUN PLANET-NICK WEB DESIGN WWW.PLANET-NICK.COM AND HE HAS STOLEN MY DESIGN BE AWARE OF HIM

please could anyone give me some advice as what to do???

here is his site http://www.inversedesigns.cjb.net/ and look how close it is to my site - please help me :'(

That is as low as you can go nick. I have evidence against him and i am going to talk to RJ now.

•••
Simply look at how Nick's site is designed, and how James's is; they are similar but James's is clearly better designed

And in Nicks site source it obviously shows he hasnt been designing webpages very long...

"<font face="Agency FB">COPYRIGHT 2005 - PLANET-NICK WEB DESIGN</font>"

Agency FB is NOT a provided font which makes it stupid to even use it for a website without making the user download the font.. personaly i believe that planet-nick.com is just a scam...

Jim_Westergren said:
on www.inversedesigns.cjb.net we see some stupid cheap hosting, no domain and an hotmail adress. For a web designer?

He could also just be starting web-design and not have a url or email I started off the same but with a geocities site.

•••
Yes, i only started inverse designs not so long ago and i am in the process of purchasing a domain now.

Take a look at this, it is the convo we shared. ( i am the black text, Planet-Nick is the red)

www.members.optusnet.com.au/cathiedevery/website

It is very clear that he has stolen from me. I posted here first and he has gone and accused me, i dont get it! i feel he has a total lack of respect for np members.

Well there you have it. hope you all believe me now. I am disapointed in you Planet-Nick, you seemed a nice fellow, shame on me for trusting you....

Stay Lucid Everyone,
One Armed Scissor.

•••
Ok. It is clear for me know.

Let us see the response from planet-nick ...

•••
planet-nick said:
ok thank you Kfkm09 but i don't see how xclusive has worked out because all my designs are all created and coded by me - im not going to argue to anymore but i am greatful of your comment Kfkm09

added coment:

I did try to contact him but he was first ignoring me then insulting me so i just left it there and then warned him i was going to the forum and he still carried on insulting me so the i just came streight here

I cant believe you would say that... It is very clear how i aproached you and i feel i was quite well mannered even after you STOLE MY WEBSITE! i cannot believe someone can be this low.... oh i have a headache.

Nick can you please post here and at least admit it? I would also like to see ur responce to the recent inclusion of new evidence.

PM Sent to -RJ-

Stay Lucid,
James.

Last edited:
•••
From what i can see from that chat log, Planet-Nick is clearly the culprit. Shame on him for starting this thread and trying to accuse One Armed Scissor.

•••
Veolus said:
From what i can see from that chat log, Planet-Nick is clearly the culprit. Shame on him for starting this thread and trying to accuse One Armed Scissor.

I completely agree. And given the evidence I was provided by James, it's clear to me that this is a false report being filed by Planet-Nick.

Planet-Nick is receiving a permanent ban for theft of design and reporting falsely against another member. Not to mention he spammed multiple forums when doing so.

•••
Isn't it odd that he delayed him on that chat Conversation - obviously just so he could report this first within the forums >:( Tsk ... Tsk ... :|

•••
Glad it was cleared up, but this does have kind of a twilight-zone feel to it :)

"I'm the real Bobby, he's the Alien!
No, I'm Bobby! He's faking it!"

Wasn't the now-banned member known by a different user name at some point...

-Allan

•••
It's just like what the police/cops say in the movies.. "Anything you say can and will be used against you" :D

•••
Reminds me of the guy who stole 500 NP$ from me and decided that he "didnt know a thing". Quite similar i think.

•••
A collection of quotes from Planet-Nick:

planet-nick said:
No you aren't.

planet-nick said:
no it isnt please beleive me i am very upset about this and i cant see how people can be so inconsiderate about it - i do not use free templates or anything cant anyone just belive me all i am is a web designer trying to make a living and people like ONE ARMERD SCISSOR come along and destroy it all for me
Kinda like what happened to One_Armed_Scissor, huh?

planet-nick said:
please can people just view both sides and not just say "oh i think hes right" or "i thinks hes lieing"
Well, I did, and I won't say that. Oh, I KNOW One_Armed_Scissor is right, and I KNOW you're lying.

planet-nick said:
he copyied my site www.planet-nick.com and he copied it to http://www.inversedesigns.cjb.net/ and just added a few pages to make it look like it was his
Okay, even if he did copy your site, how would adding a few pages make it look like it was his?

planet-nick said:
namepros is a great forum but it is let down by the minor majority that go around spamming and messing up peoples websites and even lifes to a sertain extent.
Um... Nick, the "minor majority"? What do you mean? :laugh:

planet-nick said:
that will be all from me for now so i will be off but please read above and remeber what i have said as it is thr truth from the heart
Oh, be quiet!

Last edited:
•••
lol i just knew it :P my webdesigin instinct never leaves me alone :P

lol

good riddens!

•••
Kfkm09 said:
A collection of quotes from Planet-Nick:

No you aren't.

Kinda like what happened to One_Armed_Scissor, huh?

Well, I did, and I won't say that. Oh, I KNOW One_Armed_Scissor is right, and I KNOW you're lying.

Okay, even if he did copy your site, how would adding a few pages make it look like it was his?

Um... Nick, the "minor majority"? What do you mean? :laugh:

Oh, be quiet!

LoL! i enjoyed that. Thankyou :)

•••
what a shame....it will be good to know what IP & email this con guy use!!

•••
I'm not taking anyone's side, but Nick. If my memosy serves me right you used to have a design with a coffie cup and a pen and something and when you had that design OAS had the one he has now, so according to those facts you are the one who stole his design.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back