IT.COM

My design was stolen (FALSE REPORT)

NameSilo
Watch

planet-nick

Account Closed
Impact
ONE ARMERD SCISSOR HAS STOLEN MY DESIGN FROM MY WEBSITE - I OWN AND RUN PLANET-NICK WEB DESIGN WWW.PLANET-NICK.COM AND HE HAS STOLEN MY DESIGN BE AWARE OF HIM

please could anyone give me some advice as what to do???

here is his site http://www.inversedesigns.cjb.net/ and look how close it is to my site - please help me :'(

[MOD NOTE: THIS CLAIM TURNED OUT TO BE FALSE. PLANET-NICK IS THE DESIGN THIEF, SEE ALL POSTS IN THREAD]

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Warning Scammer Alert

ONE ARMERD SCISSOR HAS STOLEN MY DESIGN FROM MY WEBSITE - I OWN AND RUN PLANET-NICK WEB DESIGN WWW.PLANET-NICK.COM AND HE HAS STOLEN MY DESIGN BE AWARE OF HIM

please could anyone give me some advice as what to do???

here is his site http://www.inversedesigns.cjb.net/ and look how close it is to my site - please help me :'(

•••
Threads Merged - Lets Please keep the Duplicated threads down to a minimum - Thanks Folks :)

•••
•••
-RJ- said:
Have you contacted this webmaster yet?

RJ

Have you tried contacting him first? Or straight to the forum to post?

•••
I feel your pain, I've had a fellow NP member rip off my entire coding before.. and get away with it. :(

•••
hmm he posted in another thread that you were the one that copied his design. I don't really know who to believe :|

•••
Maybe its a free design and they both took it from the same place? If both users say its theirs, then we have no way of telling whos it is.

e39m5

•••
I was offered a free website design by Planet-Nick. His original site looked much less professional than this one. While he was working on my design, I asked if he made his own site, and he said yes. I also asked if he designed another section that looked like an incredibly good template, (coffee cups and pens laying on a piece of paper with his text), but again he said it was original. I found that a little hard to believe, and after he finished my design, I decided not to use it. Knowing this, I'm lead to believe that if it isn't a free template, Planet-Nick is the one who stole the design and not the other way around.

Last edited:
•••
no it isnt please beleive me i am very upset about this and i cant see how people can be so inconsiderate about it - i do not use free templates or anything cant anyone just belive me all i am is a web designer trying to make a living and people like ONE ARMERD SCISSOR come along and destroy it all for me - and then people go along and belive him when he doesnt even have a real web site - if he was actually into web design enough he would have a domain name - not a free one and also hosting - all i am asking is that people can just be a bit more considerate and look at both views of the argument - also if you dont think my designs are origonal take a look at these - they are ones im doing at the moment for people - some are for free and some are paying - www.planet-nick.com/images/rock.jpg - www.planet-nick.com/images/slmacombee.html - www.planet-nick.com/sophie-prototype/sophie.html - www.planet-nick.com/images/skoosh.jpg - please can people just view both sides and not just say "oh i think hes right" or "i thinks hes lieing" if you are then you are proble just as worse and if people are just going to be inconsiderate and just go aroundtrying to give people a bad name when they havnt done anything at all then its just pointless that people view this forum

namepros is a great forum but it is let down by the minor majority that go around spamming and messing up peoples websites and even lifes to a sertain extent.

that will be all from me for now so i will be off but please read above and remeber what i have said as it is thr truth from the heart

•••
well from my designer oppionion i would say you didnt design the site. why? Because of the examples you showed me none of them have any similarity with the current design you have. Simple as that.

X

•••
I believe you Planet-Nick. Other than your website, everything you've made has looked original to me. I can't really say who is right or wrong. As you said, I don't know the full story. What I posted earlier was only a speculation from a conversation I had with you.

Last edited:
•••
ok thank you Kfkm09 but i don't see how xclusive has worked out because all my designs are all created and coded by me - im not going to argue to anymore but i am greatful of your comment Kfkm09

added coment:

-RJ- said:
Have you tried contacting him first? Or straight to the forum to post?
I did try to contact him but he was first ignoring me then insulting me so i just left it there and then warned him i was going to the forum and he still carried on insulting me so the i just came streight here

•••
I believe one armed scissors, this guy was supposed to give a free design never got it because he now has signed a "10,000" dollar deal, ha right, and I asked him for the psd. so I could work on it myself and I havent got that either. I believe one armed scissor over this guy. this guy had a completely different site before and one his portfolio templates is the one he was supposed to give me free

•••
Well, I have known James (One Armed Scissor) for a while now, and I can tell you that he seems like an honest person. Planet-Nick, you offer web design for £4.95 which makes me very suspicious of your business ethics and skill levels. This could be an unfounded suspicion though ...

Also, if you take a look at James' site (www.inversedesigns.cjb.net) and planet-nick's site, (www.planet-nick.com/home.htm) which one do you think looks more "complete"? I'd say James' site.

I am a bit in two minds about this situation, but, until further evidence is proved, I'm going to say that I believe James.

•••
No doubt, nick copied the site from one armed scissor

•••
•••
Shame on you nick, I hate to say it, but based on your current behaviour, you don't even deserve to be known as a "web designer" :imho: :(

•••
This is the thread from One Armed Scissor:
http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?t=100474

Neither of the two websites are finished, but to me, one of them seems to "fit" better than the other. Somebody is lying and someone is going to get banned. Who can help me sort through this?

•••
Yeah, come on, Nick or James, just admit to it. I've already said I believe James, but I could be wrong. Just admit it, whichever one of you it was, its just damaging the reputation of Namepros, :imho:

•••
I can hardly belive this. How can somebody go so low?

The person that did it should admit it, make up the damage and ask for an apology. Doing otherwise would just make it worse.

•••
If you admit to it, you probably won't be banned. Come on, learn from your mistakes.

•••
It's hard to tell but i'm with James (One Armed Scissor) on this one. He sounds more professional and honest and i believe his design is the real thing. By closely looking at both of the banners, Inverse Designs has a lighter background and the picture of the countries are in a lighter tone where compared to Planet-Nick, the banner background is darker and the countries are in a darker tone. :imho: I don't really know for sure who copied who :D

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back